Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
'The coming days' could be any day after today. So tomorrow at 11am is still very much on.

Guardiola won't go after Barcelona players unless the club is willing to sell so it rules the Germans out. It'll be a Manchester club or staying

Cider I will be cursing you at 11am tomorrow thats for sure.

I still reckon we're favourites to get him, but I don't get thi dismissing of Bayern because they have a quality midfield. Yes, it would be a tough midfield to break into but we are jizzing ourselves over the thought of him coming here and revolutionising our midfield, yet dismissing any chance he could break into Bayerns. I know Bayern's midfield is strong and I know our midfield is one of our weaker areas, but is the gulf that big? He'd be a world beater for us but not get a look in at Bayern? If he's as good as we're making him out to be there has to be at least a chance he'd work his way into the Bayern team and if he is that good, you'd imagine he has the confidence to take on that challenge, especially knowing how highly Pep rates him.

It's a different scenario at Barca. Xavi and Iniesta are Gods there and it must be hard to go to training knowing these guys are there week in week out barring injuries.

On a serious note -what will happen if we fail to sign Thiago. I know some have had wet dreams of actually signing a MF, i'm sure others have got frostbite on their todgers as they've been hanging them out for weeks now - all in the hope of a collective jizz storm of released tension.

On a serious note -what will happen if we fail to sign Thiago. I know some have had wet dreams of actually signing a MF, i'm sure others have got frostbite on their todgers as they've been hanging them out for weeks now - all in the hope of a collective jizz storm of released tension.

We'll start making the "Moyes Out" banners.

I still reckon we're favourites to get him, but I don't get thi dismissing of Bayern because they have a quality midfield. Yes, it would be a tough midfield to break into but we are jizzing ourselves over the thought of him coming here and revolutionising our midfield, yet dismissing any chance he could break into Bayerns. I know Bayern's midfield is strong and I know our midfield is one of our weaker areas, but is the gulf that big? He'd be a world beater for us but not get a look in at Bayern? If he's as good as we're making him out to be there has to be at least a chance he'd work his way into the Bayern team and if he is that good, you'd imagine he has the confidence to take on that challenge, especially knowing how highly Pep rates him.

It's a different scenario at Barca. Xavi and Iniesta are Gods there and it must be hard to go to training knowing these guys are there week in week out barring injuries.

Bayern has arguably a stronger midfield than Barca. Moving to Bayern wouldn't fulfil his desire to be more involved and bolster his chances to appear in the Spanish side come WC2014.

Well he's not getting into that Barca midfield which is at this moment, not as strong as Bayern's. I don't think that our midfield is miles away, but it's certainly not very close either when stacked up against Bayern and Barca's. Our only established CM at the moment is Carrick. Well, Fletcher too, but is he ever going to return to his best? not likely.

Schweinsteiger is a home-grown player and a god at Bayern. Kroos is also home-grown, a huge talent, was a key player until his injury. They paid 40 million for Javi Martinez only last summer and he was a key player this season, instrumental in winning all those trophies.

It has nowt to do with his own confidence in his ability. Bayern don't need him, we do and he must know that.

We'll start making the "Moyes Out" banners.

That wouldn't be necessary because I don't think any of the signings this summer can be considered 'Moyes signings' - there were already targets identified before SAF retired, especially since we've been linked with all of them for such a long time. In the case of Thiago, apparently we made an inquiry a few years back even.

That wouldn't be necessary because I don't think any of the signings this summer can be considered 'Moyes signings' - there were already targets identified before SAF retired, especially since we've been linked with all of them for such a long time. In the case of Thiago, apparently we made an inquiry a few years back even.

You're trying to tell me that SAF wanted to sign a CM.

Yeah, good one. Now go and wait for the tooth fairy.

We do seem to be putting the vast majority of our eggs into the Thiago basket this summer, if this fails we're essentially fecked. :lol:

Barca have Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. It's still unbelievable that Bayern outperformed them. :wenger:

Bayern seems more difficult midfield to crack. He's nothing like Martinez or Schweinsteiger, and they have plenty of players vying for the AM spot.

When I saw 3 pages more and read some posts about a change on title (gone to Bayern?), well, it wasn't that a good feeling. Modmins, ban the modmins!

Well he's not getting into that Barca midfield which is at this moment, not as strong as Bayern's. I don't think that our midfield is miles away, but it's certainly not very close either when stacked up against Bayern and Barca's. Our only truly established CM at the moment is Carrick. Well, Fletcher too, but is he really going to return?
I'm hoping Fletch can come-back and be in-form, so if we had a midfield of Carrick, Fletch, Clev, Thiago, and Strootman our midfield would be good to compete in all competitions I think, I also think if both Strootman and Thiago sign Ando is definitely going to be sold.

We do seem to be putting the vast majority of our eggs into the Thiago basket this summer, if this fails we're essentially fecked. :lol:

The muppets, sure. The backroom probably consists of competent, level head people who are looking at other options.

Barca have Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. It's still unbelievable that Bayern outperformed them. :wenger:

Bayern seems more difficult midfield to crack. He's nothing like Martinez or Schweinsteiger, and they have plenty of players vying for the AM spot.

Xavi has ultimately been the one holding it all together though, and his legs have clearly been going over the past two seasons. Xavi is like what Scholes was to us. Their midfield certainly performs to a higher standard of football when he's in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.