Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez, Schweinstiger, Guztavo, Kroos and Gotze.

Vs

Carrick, Anderson and Cleverly.

If you are including Gotze you may as well include Kagawa. But yeah he's not getting in over Schweinsteiger and Martinez. It's probably Bayern's strongest area of the pitch.

Apparently Guardiola said he would not persue any Barcelona players for transfers in his press conference, can anybody confirm?.

Either way I still don't think he is likely to go there. It would be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I didn't hear him say that. He did say that Barcelona wouldn't sell to Bayerm Munich, just because he was now the coach and "If a Barca player leaves, it's because they want to sell. Or because he wants to play more."

So, no pursuit perhaps, but if one did actually fall into his lap it didn't sound like he'd say no.

If you are including Gotze you may as well include Kagawa. But yeah he's not getting in over Schweinsteiger and Martinez. It's probably Bayern's strongest area of the pitch.

True.

But the Guardiola factor makes me worry a LOT

We are clearly the best fit for him footballing wise, I doubt anyone, including him, would dispute that. Whether that's his number one concern is another thing entirely.

I didn't hear him say that. He did say that Barcelona wouldn't sell to Bayerm Munich, just because he was now the coach and "If a Barca player leaves, it's because they want to sell. Or because he wants to play more."

So, no pursuit perhaps, but if one did actually fall into his lap it didn't sound like he'd say no.

Bayern should be looking for a CB - especially with Badstuber's injury - and perhaps a striker, with Gomez looking almost certain to leave. I know they signed Kirchhoff for the back four but not sure how much game time he'll get.

Still, the one thing they don't need is an effing central midfielder. They could get one as cover I suppose but that's the role that Thiago is unwilling to play at Barcelona, according to the reports.

This is the 4th most popular saga now. Hazard, Berba, and Sneijder above it now.

These past few years, Twitter and all, really do put the days of Rio and Ronaldinho to shame. Lucky the Redcafe wasn't around with Shearer in 1996.

Bayern should be looking for a CB - especially with Badstuber's injury - and perhaps a striker, with Gomez looking almost certain to leave. I know they signed Kirchhoff for the back four but not sure how much game time he'll get.

Still, the one thing they don't need is an effing central midfielder. They could get one as cover I suppose but that's the role that Thiago is unwilling to play at Barcelona, according to the reports.

Unless he's contemplating moving Martinez into defence.

We are clearly the best fit for him footballing wise, I doubt anyone, including him, would dispute that. Whether that's his number one concern is another thing entirely.

What other concern could he have? Wages? He got a hike last year so I doubt that's the case.

Not enough solidity in a Schweinsteiger-Thiago CM.

Dont think a move to Bayern would interest either party. Just the media creating an easy story.

Not enough solidity in a Schweinsteiger-Thiago CM.

Dont think a move to Bayern would interest either party. Just the media creating an easy story.

Yeah I reckon it's a case of Pep's presence at Bayern leading the rumour on, to be honest. But, I don't think I can shrug off Bayern's alleged interest just yet.

What other concern could he have? Wages? He got a hike last year so I doubt that's the case.

The fact that we're no longer managed by SAF, and Bayern have Pep? That Bayern just won the treble and have a great team right now that will continue to win more?

We'll see, obviously it makes more sense for him to join us but with players nowadays, you never really know.

I'm clinging on to hope based on Guardiola's words: he said at the press conference that Bayern didn't need big changes after winning everything in sight last season. Moving Martinez to the back four and replacing him with a creative midfielder would be a huge change.

If Thiago has any sense at all(which I believe he does.) he'll surely know that Bayern would be a very bad move. He'd be in an even worse situation that he's in at Barca regarding game time.

If he's leaving Barca and we're as interested in him as being reported, well then it can only be us if a lot of playing time is truly what the lad is after, that is.

Yeah I reckon it's a case of Pep's presence at Bayern leading the rumour on, to be honest. But, I don't think I can shrug off Bayern's alleged interest just yet.

thats what i think it is. tough to shrug it off but I dont see why either party would be interested. he wants gametime which would hardly be guaranteed and bayern would be a weaker side with a schweini-thiago CM than a schweini-martinez one.

The fact that we're no longer managed by SAF, and Bayern have Pep? That Bayern just won the treble and have a great team right now that will continue to win more?

We'll see, obviously it makes more sense for him to join us but with players nowadays, you never really know.

Barca have a great team too. And he must have worked under Tito earlier at barca.

You never know with players, I agree, but if someone is willing to leave a club like Barca even when he's so highly rated to get more playing time, I dont see why he'd pick bayern who would present a bigger challenge in terms of getting into the team.

jojojo, would you say Rosell is someone persuasive enough to get Mazinho and Thiago to reconsider leaving?

WUMming should be a bannable offence for mods/admins as well. Or we could just lynch them all. I'd prefer that.

Oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

He posted this afterwards:

Have you all just missed this^? The guy is just reporting what Mundo Deportivo said, and according to barcastuff, this MD article also says we're still favourites:

Relax guys, it's in the bag :devil:

On a side note, barcastuff should really change their profile picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.