Television The Walking Dead

I think people get pissed off with this show so much because it has so much potential, yet constantly fecks up.

Yeah, nail on the head here. A shit show is just a shit show, but something that has potential (or something that was good like the Simpsons) but that turns you to be needlessly shit does have a high annoyance factor!

The Caf like to point out flaws in every show though, there's nothing really wrong with it I think. Even in the final series of Breaking Bad, people were pointing out holes and silliness. People have opinions, and we're on an internet forum, so why shouldn't they express them?

Fact is, TWD is a very flawed show in many ways, and it clearly has the potential to be an excellent show if they address those issues, I mean the pilot was one of the best I've seen, and we've had some really good episodes along the way.

The Caf like to point out flaws in every show though, there's nothing really wrong with it I think. Even in the final series of Breaking Bad, people were pointing out holes and silliness. People have opinions, and we're on an internet forum, so why shouldn't they express them?

Fact is, TWD is a very flawed show in many ways, and it clearly has the potential to be an excellent show if they address those issues, I mean the pilot was one of the best I've seen, and we've had some really good episodes along the way.

This.

But some people are a bit OTT tbh. If it's "as shit as some would have you believe" then why do they bother watching it still?

It has its flaws, yet it's still watchable. The main issues I have are the lack of decent characters, and the stupidity of some of the situations they get in.
I only care about 3 people in the show, despite large swathes of the show supposedly being about character development. Then you have people that are smart/resourceful enough to survive a major zombie apocalypse, yet they don't think to burn all the zombies at the fence, dig a trench as a failsafe if the fence gives way, or stock up on more than a car boot full of supplies at a time!

I know there needs to be danger etc to make the show watchable, but they could find a way of doing it that doesn't make the characters look so unprepared.

Oh that'd never be the issue though man. Pointing out some flaws and having a decent debate about a show? Awesome. That's not what happens here though. It's not pointing out some flaws, it's shitting all over shows and saying how they're the worst thing to ever exist yet guess what? A week later they're back there watching the next episode and repeating the same stuff. I don't really care, I just find it comical though.

Oh that'd never be the issue though man. Pointing out some flaws and having a decent debate about a show? Awesome. That's not what happens here though. It's not pointing out some flaws, it's shitting all over shows and saying how they're the worst thing to ever exist yet guess what? A week later they're back there watching the next episode and repeating the same stuff. I don't really care, I just find it comical really
I don't think people go that far, do they? And when they do it's mostly for comical reasons.

I do enjoy TWD, at this stage I basically just treat it as a silly zombie show with lots of gore, but it could be a lot better, and there are a lot of "are you fecking kidding me" moments in it that deserve to be picked on and laughed at!

They do, this thread is a joke.

I thoroughly enjoy the show, pointed out a few weeks ago that I enjoyed an episode, someone replied asking if I was being sarcastic

I don't think people go that far, do they? And when they do it's mostly for comical reasons.

I do enjoy TWD, at this stage I basically just treat it as a silly zombie show with lots of gore, but it could be a lot better, and there are a lot of "are you fecking kidding me" moments in it that deserve to be picked on and laughed at!

I always just assumed that pretty much everything said in this thread with regards to the holes in the show was for comical reasons. I've been joking the whole time mostly, I've never actually been angered or annoyed by the show. I just think it's stupid but entertaining enough to kill 45 minutes to an hour at this point.

i like the show

it starts slow builds to a nice climax at the mid season break and end of season and repeats the next year

enjoyable enough but could do with a few more moments like the last episode - i suppose in a zombie apocalypse you would get your slow days!

I though someone had cancelled the recording on my sky box and was going to throttle one of the kids when there wasn't an episode for me to watch last night.

Watched all of season 4. I actually enjoy it, but just because I see it as a comedy now. The plotholes just make me laugh and it just doesn't bother me that there are zombies falling through a ceiling or waiting underground. Things like the cars always being constantly clean, the zombies apparently being bulletproof and an injured Rick tackling the Guvnor when he's surrounded by his people funny.

I'm sad to see Hershel go though, I liked that fella. Wanted to see Michonne really go to town on the Guvnor too.

Watched all of season 4. I actually enjoy it, but just because I see it as a comedy now. The plotholes just make me laugh and it just doesn't bother me that there are zombies falling through a ceiling or waiting underground. Things like the cars always being constantly clean, the zombies apparently being bulletproof and an injured Rick tackling the Guvnor when he's surrounded by his people funny.

I'm sad to see Hershel go though, I liked that fella. Wanted to see Michonne really go to town on the Guvnor too.

Yea but with them going on the road again, they wouldn't get far with an old man on a peg leg. Better kill in a gruesome way and make him memorable instead of him becoming a nuisance. The baby with the old woman's name was also a logical move to kill off.

Just watched the last 8 episodes over the weekend, didnt think it was as bad as people were saying. I think it has to do with how people are watching it. All my friends that watched it as it aired hated it but the ones (like me) who watched it in marathon sessions quite enjoyed it. Thankfully now they can move on from the damn prison and the Governor.

Just watched the last 8 episodes over the weekend, didnt think it was as bad as people were saying. I think it has to do with how people are watching it. All my friends that watched it as it aired hated it but the ones (like me) who watched it in marathon sessions quite enjoyed it. Thankfully now they can move on from the damn prison and the Governor.

I watched it marathon style and still found it tedious more than enjoyable (especially those incredibly poorly done governor episodes) , but that last episode was much better if even more full of stupid plot moments than usual.

I think it'd be much better if they cut a few episodes per season, but on the whole it's still watchable and even decent at times (if sadly not enough).

I watched it marathon style and still found it tedious more than enjoyable (especially those incredibly poorly done governor episodes) , but that last episode was much better if even more full of stupid plot moments than usual.

I think it'd be much better if they cut a few episodes per season, but on the whole it's still watchable and even decent at times (if sadly not enough).

Problem with the show is that it doesnt have the budget to stretch more than 10 eps. They should compact it and make 8-10 eps per season and make those really good rather than spread to 12 average episodes and 2 decent per season.

Problem with the show is that it doesnt have the budget to stretch more than 10 eps. They should compact it and make 8-10 eps per season and make those really good rather than spread to 12 average episodes and 2 decent per season.

Yep, no coincidence the first season was way above the quality of the others.

Typical American tv chasing the bucks attitude though isn't it. Like the likes of Heroes, Lost, Prison break they hit a few winning ratings and stretch everything out adding in a million different writers and directors and it all gets watered down.

Yep, no coincidence the first season was way above the quality of the others.

Typical American tv chasing the bucks attitude though isn't it. Like the likes of Heroes, Lost, Prison break they hit a few winning ratings and stretch everything out adding in a million different writers and directors and it all gets watered down.

That's why its great watching things like Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones, which clearly have a structure that they are sticking to, instead of making it up as they go along.

Just finished the episode...are we still doing spoilers? Btw, I don't see the spoiler icon on the editor list..can someone point it out?

Just finished the episode...are we still doing spoilers? Btw, I don't see the spoiler icon on the editor list..can someone point it out?
Just use these tags for spoilers:
[ SPOILER]your text[ /SPOILER] *Remove the space after the [

EXAMPLE

I can't imagine we're doing spoilers on already aired episodes.

I enjoyed this episode. I said it at the end of the mid-season break episode, but I think getting back to a "on the road", survival type show again will benefit it. If that's where they taking it, of course. If they rebuild the prison again I'll stop watching.

How many times are they going to bring us some hope of Carl dying, then rip it away from us in cruel intentions? I'm debating whether I despise him or Joffrey more...