Television The Walking Dead

They made Shane too much of a villain, should have kept him in shades of grey only.

Agreed. His meltdown was far too quick. Also found the Laurie revelation to Rick about her being banged by Shane came out of the blue and was as anti-climatic as it could possibly be.

That's the thing. They could kill anyone off, anyone including Daryl and Rick and what difference would it make? It's hard to like or believe any of the characters now, it's just terrible writing.

But yeah, apparently because it's zombies we are supposed to accept it has to be dumb and "take it for what it is" (whatever that's supposed to mean).

The game is written and acted far better. It isn't much of a 'game' though, because you don't really do much and the choices you make are purely cosmetic, but it's a very good experience.

They made Shane too much of a villain, should have kept him in shades of grey only.

Yep. Same with Merle, the only interesting characters they just don't know what to do with.

It reminds me of the likes of Lost and Heroes, written as they go along and resorting to the same old set pieces to keep attention.

Seems pretty obvious to me that the little blonde girl was involved somehow in the killing of the two people in the prison. "she's messed up", carol giving her the knife, dad killed, "don't be weak again" etc.

Seems pretty obvious to me that the little blonde girl was involved somehow in the killing of the two people in the prison. "she's messed up", carol giving her the knife, dad killed, "don't be weak again" etc.

That happened before the two victims were quarantined.

I called Carol as the killer last week, but I also thought she was the one feeding the walkers rats but don't think she is anymore. It's probably D'Angelo.

Yeah, I reckon Carol is covering because of all that sneaky training she did.

Yep and it would be totally out of character for her to kill 2 people, the little blonde loon probably stabbed em then went crying to Carol with a knife covered in blood, who then dragged the bodies and burned them to hide the knife wounds. Carol made that bullshit promise to blonde girl's dad to always look after them bla bla bla so she's now covering her murderous acts. IIRC she also was treating the zombies as pets and fed them rats - she's a proper loon.

Yep and it would be totally out of character for her to kill 2 people, the little blonde loon probably stabbed em then went crying to Carol with a knife covered in blood, who then dragged the bodies and burned them to hide the knife wounds. Carol made that bullshit promise to blonde girl's dad to always look after them bla bla bla so she's now covering her murderous acts. IIRC she also was treating the zombies as pets and fed them rats - she's a proper loon.

Yep, she's been secretly training the kids, one of them acts out and she covers it.

The bodies were killed and burned before she made that promise, weren't they?

Don't think so? Thought they were found burned at the end of Ep2 and the dad died in the middle of Ep2. (might/probably speaking bollocks though)

The angry man in the hat fights his way through fifty zombies but one hit from faggoty little Egg and he goes down like a sack of shit....righto.

you know a show has some cracking characters in it when people can't even remember half of their names

Why did they only decide to fix the car when they needed it? Instead of spending hours faffing around wasting precious time when folk are dying, Wouldn't it have made more sense to, you know, ensure your vehicles are working at all times when in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?

You'd think by now they'd also have a radio that they'd monitor regularly too rather than just turn on the stereo on a whim when out for a Sunday drive.

You'd think by now they'd also have a radio that they'd monitor regularly too rather than just turn on the stereo on a whim when out for a Sunday drive.

I got the impression that it was because of the location they were in with the car, they don't usually venture that far from the prison. No?

It's not hard to find a decent radio set-up with all that military hardware laying around. In fact that would be a priority with anybody with a bit of sense.

You can bounce signals off the ionosphere for hundreds of miles...I've done it myself.

Why did they only decide to fix the car when they needed it? Instead of spending hours faffing around wasting precious time when folk are dying, Wouldn't it have made more sense to, you know, ensure your vehicles are working at all times when in the middle of a zombie apocalypse?

There's so much shit like this unfortunately. We now appear to be on yet another "getting supplies" storyline for the next episode. Lets hope Glenn dies, he's boring as feck now, though I guess if they kill him off we'll have 5 episodes of Maggie crying.

What I don't get is why don't they just find a lorry somewhere. They could have used the lorry at the start of the season to load up on supplies and take everything from the supermarket. Not only that but if they did have to leave in a hurry, they could put the majority of the people in the back of the lorry, with supplies if required.

It's just general stupidity and lack of any kind of planning.

What I don't get is why don't they just find a lorry somewhere. They could have used the lorry at the start of the season to load up on supplies and take everything from the supermarket. Not only that but if they did have to leave in a hurry, they could put the majority of the people in the back of the lorry, with supplies if required.

It's just general stupidity and lack of any kind of planning.

Well no, it's actually really bad writing.

Stupid people do not survive this long in a zombie apocalypse. It'd be the resourceful, strong, adaptable people who made it so it just doesn't work that you have loads of useless pricks bimbling about doing fecking stupid stuff every week like riding Harleys in a vest and using a crossbow as your primary weapon, or popping out into the woods to fix the water supply hose with no backup or safe escape route.

I'm definitely hatewatching this show now.

Maybe they had other, better things to do...like sit around doing nothing. The amount of free time should let them establish better defenses than their current wobbly fence.

Also, how have they not learned to make flamethrowers? The huge mob in the last episode would be a perfect target. Hit them in a few places and let the fire spread. Or, when they gang up on the fences at the prison, hit them with some fire.

So do zombies need to poo? I mean if they are eating all that flesh it has to come out somewhere, right?

How long does it take them to starve? Surely they can't continuously move around without food. If everyone else is dead or a zombie, there has to be a limited supply.

well that episode all felt a little pointless to me. Was rather slow this week and just felt like a bit of filler for the most part.

How long does it take them to starve? Surely they can't continuously move around without food. If everyone else is dead or a zombie, there has to be a limited supply.

They found pigs from god knows where. Because pigs are intelligent and elusive creatures, easily able to survive a zombie apocalypse of course.

Also - in the first or second season didn't they evade the zombies by covering themselves with zombie sludge? So what I would do is kill a load of them and make a zombie sludge pit somewhere in the prison, if a herd gets past the barrier - jump in the pit. Disgusting but everyone survives with no panic or worry. Of course it could rain on the day of the herd invasion, but that would be fecking unlucky.

So I was right up in the middle of the s04e04 episode and decided, feck you, I'm not watching this series anymore. It's so fecking tedious and uninspiring.