Television The Walking Dead

Yeah right Irwin. The thread should just stay on hold until you've caught up.

:rolleyes:

Nah he's right, he'd literally just posted so it was harsh posting what is probably the biggest spoiler in the whole of the program in a post right after his.
We all know the spoiler policy now but it doesn't have to be the be all and end all of it.

My take on the storyline arc:

- Firstly, yes it was a bit weak
- However, lots of questions were answered on the show, and some already mentioned in this thread

- Merle's self-sacrifice and the whole penultimate episode has been lost on everyone here. He was the biggest reason for Rick's group winning the 'war'. All week I was thinking "how many did he kill"? This was revealed at the beginning of the final episode when The Guv'nor announced "EIGHT of our men died". Considering Woodbury only had a handful of men the Guv'nor trusts with a gun, 8 would represent >60% of his 'trained army'. Daryl, despite his grief, would have counted and reported back to Rick. This wasn't shown, but I guessed when Daryl mentioned "He never did anything like that before". This wasn't just a throwaway comment, Carol and Daryl were admiring his key contribution.

- The question about The Guv'nor's 'untrained army' being scared by firecrackers a few zombies is obvious for the following reasons. The Guv'nor had the weaponary and numbers but they were all lambs - for him and Rick. Any deviance from a complete overrun would throw them out of their comfort zone and make them cack their pants (the baldy guy even called them pussies pre-slaughter). Fighting's good when you've got the big guns but when the enemy is not there to be shot then self-preservation kicks in. Had the guys that Merle shot been there, Rick's lot would be dead. Again, Daryl would have reported this info back to Rick (see above). In fact the mob were so lily-livered the Guv'nor was spitting blood when two more lily-livered pulled out (Tdawg 3.0 minus 1 and this girlfriend/sister). He wanted to shoot them there and then but instead through gritted teeth said "Thank you" (for basically undoing his war cry). You could see The Guv'nor was beyond breaking point from that scene alone.

- Why did no one get shot running out of the prison? Because the aim was to scare, not kill. As above, Rick would have known the crowd coming down would be mostly innocents (human shields) - scare them once and for all and The Guv'nor was finished.

- Leads to the scene that was going to be pretty predictable when The Guv'nor pulled up the trucks. Yep, he was basically going to shoot the f*ckers. Something he wanted to do many weeks ago. As for the old and babies back at Woodbury, he never gave a f*ck so why go back now? Sunset beckoned.

- Andrea's death was sh*t. Nothing more to add. Just glad she's gone, and the bad writing that always seemed to accompany her arc.

- Firstly, yes it was a bit weak
- However, lots of questions were answered on the show, and some already mentioned in this thread

- Merle's self-sacrifice and the whole penultimate episode has been lost on everyone here. He was the biggest reason for Rick's group winning the 'war'. All week I was thinking "how many did he kill"? This was revealed at the beginning of the final episode when The Guv'nor announced "EIGHT of our men died". Considering Woodbury only had a handful of men the Guv'nor trusts with a gun, 8 would represent >60% of his 'trained army'. Daryl, despite his grief, would have counted and reported back to Rick. This wasn't shown, but I guessed when Daryl mentioned "He never did anything like that before". This wasn't just a throwaway comment, Carol and Daryl were admiring his key contribution.

- The question about The Guv'nor's 'untrained army' being scared by firecrackers a few zombies is obvious for the following reasons. The Guv'nor had the weaponary and numbers but they were all lambs - for him and Rick. Any deviance from a complete overrun would throw them out of their comfort zone and make them cack their pants (the baldy guy even called them pussies pre-slaughter). Fighting's good when you've got the big guns but when the enemy is not there to be shot then self-preservation kicks in. Had the guys that Merle shot been there, Rick's lot would be dead. Again, Daryl would have reported this info back to Rick (see above). In fact the mob were so lily-livered the Guv'nor was spitting blood when two more lily-livered pulled out (Tdawg 3.0 minus 1 and this girlfriend/sister). He wanted to shoot them there and then but instead through gritted teeth said "Thank you" (for basically undoing his war cry). You could see The Guv'nor was beyond breaking point from that scene alone.

- Why did no one get shot running out of the prison? Because the aim was to scare, not kill. As above, Rick would have known the crowd coming down would be mostly innocents (human shields) - scare them once and for all and The Guv'nor was finished.

- Leads to the scene that was going to be pretty predictable when The Guv'nor pulled up the trucks. Yep, he was basically going to shoot the f*ckers. Something he wanted to do many weeks ago. As for the old and babies back at Woodbury, he never gave a f*ck so why go back now? Sunset beckoned.

- Andrea's death was sh*t. Nothing more to add. Just glad she's gone, and the bad writing that always seemed to accompany her arc.

I rep this post.

Fair enough, I hadn't considered that at all to be honest but it makes a lot of sense.

Nah he's right, he'd literally just posted so it was harsh posting what is probably the biggest spoiler in the whole of the program in a post right after his.
We all know the spoiler policy now but it doesn't have to be the be all and end all of it.

Exactly and the fact he said "don't read on if you haven't got to season 3" he might as well have put a spoiler tag especially as it was aimed at irwin.

Although why Irwin doesn't wait till he is up to date I don't know, it's a risk you have to take and have to live with the consequences I guess.

Sorry guys, my excuse is a poor one. I couldn't be arsed to spoiler it, but yes I should have. Sorry

Shame about Andrea's death. They could have found a better actress with a less hateful face to play her. She's huge in the comics but I'm guessing Daryl's going to take over her role. Some huge LGBT action is coming up!

There are too many pointless characters on the show at the moment, you wouldn't even notice if they were gone. Carol and Beth (Maggie's sister) are the least interesting.

Things may liven up if Daryl/Carol feckfest happens. She's clearly desperate for the country roughneck to clean her pipes. Lay off that bike and do her already.

Exactly and the fact he said "don't read on if you haven't got to season 3" he might as well have put a spoiler tag especially as it was aimed at irwin.

Although why Irwin doesn't wait till he is up to date I don't know, it's a risk you have to take and have to live with the consequences I guess.

I agree if you are behind in watching a TV series probably best to not enter a thread that discusses the show.

I agree if you are behind in watching a TV series probably best to not enter a thread that discusses the show.

I'd have to agree but sometimes you want to talk about what's happening where you're up to and it can be fun replying when you know what's to come for them.

While we're here, when is the next season starting?

Is nobody safe??

BIY5ob_CcAMA99d.jpg

Season 4 trailer just came out of Comic Con.

D'Angelo Barksdale from The Wire looks a great addition.

Looks brilliant, really can't wait, might have to rewatch the first 3 seasons, have only ever seen them once

It looks great, hopefully they get it back to the quality of season 1-2, they really didn't pull of The Governor storyline last season.

It looks great, hopefully they get it back to the quality of season 1-2, they really didn't pull of The Governor storyline last season.

Season 2? That was the worst of the lot, at least in 3 they weren't just sitting around in a farm the whole time.

The first half of 3 was excellent, I thought, it's the second half where they seem to have run out of budget and made boring crap again that I didn't like.

Maybe it was the expectation of The Governor that ruined it for me, what should have easily been the best season ended up being my worst. I did watch season 1 and 2 together though in the space of a few days while I watched season 3 on a weekly basis when it aired, I guess season 2 would have been dull as feck with 1 episode a week.

Season 2? That was the worst of the lot, at least in 3 they weren't just sitting around in a farm the whole time.

The first half of 3 was excellent, I thought, it's the second half where they seem to have run out of budget and made boring crap again that I didn't like.

I'd agree with you here. I was still enjoying the 2nd half of the third season but the 1st half of it was probably the best the show has done so far. You could tell that they'd scheduled too many episodes for the season and some of them were just clearly becoming filler for the show until the finale. The fact that the finale was viewed as a disappointment by quite a few then didn't help that cause either.

they show too much here I think... I hope the series gets back on track because if it doesn't, this will be the last season I watch.

Finished watching this today.

Glad Andrea and Lori died, both uber cnuts.
Daryl is probably my favourite character in this show.
The finale was fecking shit.

The Walking Dead: AMC Announces New Companion / Spinoff Series
New series to debut in 2015.

AMC have announced they are in the initial stages of development on what they're calling a "companion" series to The Walking Dead. Walking Dead's Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are executive producing with the series, aimed to debut in 2015. While The Walking Dead has taken Kirkman's comic book as its inspiration, using most of the same characters (albeit often then veering in its own directions), the new series will be about a different group of survivors. It remains to be seen if we'll meet any of the new characters first on The Walking Dead or if the show will take place in such an entirely different area of the world, that wouldn't be possible.

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”

“After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn't be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe,” said Kirkman. “The opportunity to make a show that isn't tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

This is the second spinoff series AMC have announced in the past week, on the heels of confirming they are moving forward with the Breaking Bad prequel, Better Call Saul.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/16/the-walking-dead-amc-announces-new-companion-spinoff-series