Television The Walking Dead

Things happened, but I don't know why. That whole episode was a random tangent.

One of the most interesting though. I can't believe they haven't travelled far enough to make going back home impossible, specially in one day.
They need to spend more time on the road, doing different stuff and meeting random people.

Utter lies and shambles. It's better than ever.

Exactly, it was akward at first but then the new actor made the character his own.That plus Gannicus and the numerous great character makes Spartacus more enjoyable.
Back to The Walking Dead, not a bad at all, it was different from the rest but man I just cannot bear Carl and his "tough little boy" act anymore.The guy playing Morgan was amazing though

Episode felt rather out of place. Was expecting them to continue with the governor scene showing him waking up or something, but instead it went of on a totally different tangent. Guy playing Morgan did a great job and I hope we see more of him later on.

Very strange that they were so close still to Rick's home town, wasn't he shocked when they discovered the prison? You'd think he would have known about it if it was that close to his home, especialy given his job.

Apart from that though I really quite enjoyed that episode, I think Carl is coming along nicely as a character now as he matures and deals with the loss of innocence.

Michonne got a bit more to do this time around, hopefully this will warm people to her a bit as she gets a hard time despite clearly being totally badass.

Lennie James is great, hope we get to see more of him later on.

One of the most interesting though. I can't believe they haven't travelled far enough to make going back home impossible, specially in one day.
They need to spend more time on the road, doing different stuff and meeting random people.

It was the same between seasons 2 and 3. Right at the end of season 2, you see the prison in the distance, obviously with the characters knowing nothing about it.

But the time between the two seasons was 8 months. So that meant it took the group 8 months to find the prison? It didn't look that far away from where they were at. Also, it doesn't seem like they've actually travelled that far throughout the entire show.

You'd think a year down the line, they'd be a great distance away.

I think they've done a lot traveling back and forth, didn't they go to the CDC headquarters and back ?

I don't think they've left Georgia but the state is the size of England and Wales combined, you might know where your nearest prison is as a cop but do you know where the nearest one in Wales is ?

We don't know how far his home town is from the prison, I don't think you take much from the fact when they arrived and left it was still light out, I doubt they'd take the risk of a 3 day trip, so it took them less than a day to get there and start heading back, could easily be 3/4 hours away.

He might have even known about the prison but I don't think it even occurred to him to stay there until he saw it.

But anyway, I really enjoyed the episode, I wondered where they were going with the season 1 flashbacks at the start, pleasantly surprised with the return of Lenny James. Hopefully he joins the cast, the character is a nice contrast to Rick and someone he can relate to, with some decent time/material this dude can act, he was amazing in Jericho.

It was quite the turn of pace considering the last few weeks but I loved it.

The more I think about it the more I'm annoyed that they haven't actually gone anywhere.
I'm surprised there hasn't been an overall aim put in place. Like a safe haven somewhere, or the possibility of finding someone with a cure or some shit.

That was the best episode in a long time. Its tone, atmosphere and explorative feel is what the show should have been like all along. I see Woodbury's back next week though, so its back downhill we go.

That was the best episode in a long time. Its tone, atmosphere and explorative feel is what the show should have been like all along. I see Woodbury's back next week though, so its back downhill we go.

Yeah definitely agree with this. It should be about finding people in different situations and coping/dealing with it in different ways. More inventive ways of stopping the walkers/intruders getting to them etc.
Can't wait for The Governor to do one.

You know why this episode was good? Not one second of Andrea.

I thought it was good episode, nice change from the usual storyline which has become stale. Don't think its the last we will see of Morgan either, I think the fact Rick mentioned the Prison is significant.

Why are these guys such wankers. Surely safety in numbers, so why are they allowing every breathing person to pass them by or worse abandoning them in the middle of knowhere. They're all just a bunch of utter cnuts which is why I find it hard to watch this show.

Why are these guys such wankers. Surely safety in numbers, so why are they allowing every breathing person to pass them by or worse abandoning them in the middle of knowhere. They're all just a bunch of utter cnuts which is why I find it hard to watch this show.

Because the more people you bring in, the more food you need and they are already struggling for that. Plus you dont know what they might do. I mean he has a baby. You dont want to take chances with random people.

Well at least they got what they came for which was a hell a lot of guns and ammo. And Carl is getting stupider by the minute by the way.

Because the more people you bring in, the more food you need and they are already struggling for that. Plus you dont know what they might do. I mean he has a baby. You dont want to take chances with random people.

The counter argument is that a smaller group of people are more vulnerable to walkers and bandits. Not to mention you know, trying to protect the human species from extinction! :p

I like how ruthless they've become. Them taking the bag at the end I thought was awesome.

The counter argument is that a smaller group of people are more vulnerable to walkers and bandits. Not to mention you know, trying to protect the human species from extinction! :p

Aye, but the people you bring in could be bandits for all you know. If they take all your food, ammo and vehicles you're knackered.

Thought using the guy saved Rick's life in season one as a way of, presumably (and hopefully), curbing his descent to madness was a good touch.

Slightly risqué having Morgan's street decorated with what looked like bamboo spears..

It was far better this week, in fact its probably been one of my favourite episodes of this show.

What the feck was the story with Michonne telling Carl "wait here", then literally ten seconds later she appears with the photo and some random rainbow horse of troy that looked like it had been made by a five year old yet according to her was a work of sheer beauty? Seriously, it was ten seconds. Little shitstain Carl doesn't even think to ask "How in the holy bollocks did you manage to do that Super Black Deadlock Woman?". So ridiculous.

Still, good episode, because Lennie James is so awesome. I hope we see more of him.

Echo the same, much better through lack of concentration on the other party, Rick is becoming a boring character for me. Also hope we see a lot more of James..

When Carl was standing against the door of the bar waiting for Michon or who ever she is to get the photo frame, I for second thought the walkers were going to break the glass part of the door and grab Carl.

What the feck was the story with Michonne telling Carl "wait here", then literally ten seconds later she appears with the photo and some random rainbow horse of troy that looked like it had been made by a five year old yet according to her was a work of sheer beauty? Seriously, it was ten seconds. Little shitstain Carl doesn't even think to ask "How in the holy bollocks did you manage to do that Super Black Deadlock Woman?". So ridiculous.

Still, good episode, because Lennie James is so awesome. I hope we see more of him.

Yeah I thought the same. It was dropped right near the door wasn't it? How the hell would she get that so quick? They should have edited a scene elsewhere in there.

When Carl was standing against the door of the bar waiting for Michon or who ever she is to get the photo frame, I for second thought the walkers were going to break the glass part of the door and grab Carl.

I was hoping that too. I think it was supposed to show how nonchalant they're becoming towards the walkers.

It was the same between seasons 2 and 3. Right at the end of season 2, you see the prison in the distance, obviously with the characters knowing nothing about it.

But the time between the two seasons was 8 months. So that meant it took the group 8 months to find the prison? It didn't look that far away from where they were at. Also, it doesn't seem like they've actually travelled that far throughout the entire show.

You'd think a year down the line, they'd be a great distance away.

IN one of last seasons scenese they were looking at a map and talking about how they had kept getting hemmed in by hords of zombies and had pretty much travelled in circles. The prison is set back a bit from any main roads, they only found it by accident, yes a plot device, but a semi-plausible one.

31509332.jpg

Found this programme has got really shit, gets very boring when they are stationary for too long. Also find the town to be boring and predictable. There seems to be no common sense with most people strolling around in clothes and not protective clothing and there is no genrral commentary of whats going on wide the zombies. There was the stage where they were all going in hurds and we've seen the odd helicopter but no idea what any of this means!

There is pretty much one reason why the majority of the seasons take place in one particular spot for so long and thats the budget.

Yep. I know in season two they gave them around half the budget of season one for double the episodes. I think they increased the budget a bit this season but there's 16 episodes in it.

The more I think about it the more I'm annoyed that they haven't actually gone anywhere.
I'm surprised there hasn't been an overall aim put in place. Like a safe haven somewhere, or the possibility of finding someone with a cure or some shit.

You mean like when Rick first went to Atlanta, then there was the orginal camp, then the trip to the CDC, then the escape and finding the farm which they thought might work, then the prison.

You mean like when Rick first went to Atlanta, then there was the orginal camp, then the trip to the CDC, then the escape and finding the farm which they thought might work, then the prison.

No that's not like what I mean. I mean a safe haven.

No that's not like what I mean. I mean a safe haven.

They have been looking for a safe place, that was the entire point of going to the CDC, they had even debated going to a nearby military base. When at the CDC they got a good idea that the idea of a "safe haven" doesn't really exist. Remember the discussions about DC, the French, etc. How the CDC had been in contact with Wash DC, and other nations, but one by one they all lost contact.