Television The Walking Dead

Also, Andrea's still as annoying as she ever was. It should've been obvious that something was up when he was telling her to stay inside, or when she saw all the heads, or from the moment she started talking to him. I mean, he can hide it from the people he doesn't know, but on the inside with anyone it's clear he has something sinister to him. I thought he'd perhaps name both Andrea and Merle as traitors and make them the examples.

I don't care how stupid it is, as I said, it's about zombies dammit! I thought the first half of the season was brilliant, and a return to form after the shambolic second season.

I don't care how stupid it is, as I said, it's about zombies dammit! I thought the first half of the season was brilliant, and a return to form after the shambolic second season.

I didn't actually mind the second season, but it's probably because I watched the episodes one after the other considering I didn't get into this until over the summer. Individually, a lot of the episodes were a decent watch, but when you combined them to make a whole series it was a drag. I imagine it'd have been kind of tedious to be waiting each week for one and be disappointed again with a lack of movement.

I do like that they've realised that it's, like you said, about zombies though. They went overboard on character development back then, but they've realised that the development is more effective and compelling if the plot actually moves at the same time. Action and drama can co-exist. They didn't seem to know that in series 2.

A show like this should be one that has action, good characters who you care for that are acted well. I actually care about most characters now, and like ones such as Carl better. There's too much deadwood in the group but that can be sorted in the second half of this season. The new additions to the cast have been brilliant and unlike before, the main focus isn't a damn love triangle.

The only thing it's missing is the wonderful T-Dog!:(

Action packed but plenty of wtf moments as you've all pointed out. The smoke grenading was quite a ludicrous prick tease.

I called that prison weirdo as a sex case a few weeks back.

:lol: @ them exceeding their T-Dog quota again.

Hope they can keep up the head of steam it's got going for it now after this mid season break. If they kill off the Governor he's gonna be hard to replace. The show is always going to need human antagonists.

The new people shouldn't have survived this long FFS. I mean, who the feck chooses a shovel and a hammer as their weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse? Maybe Woody Harrelson, but no reasonable person.

Well it is pretty difficult to shoot when you have a load of smoke in your face

Those twats were nailing headshots from the back of a bouncing truck when the farm was burning down. With automatic weapons, from 50 yards, in a concealed position they couldn't even get a hit.

The new people shouldn't have survived this long FFS. I mean, who the feck chooses a shovel and a hammer as their weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse? Maybe Woody Harrelson, but no reasonable person.

Chances are they would have had guns at one stage or another, but perhaps ran out of ammo and were unable to find more, or they were at a safer place and had to leave, not able to grab their guns before leaving. Plus, with a hammer and a shovel you don't attract the noise that a gun would.

A shovel is ridiculous Cheesy.

Have a look around where you are now and I bet you can see about half a dozen things more appropriate for braining the undead.

Who the feck carries a shovel?!?

A shovel though....you'd want a baseball bat or a machete. Even the lads were using a cricket bat in Shaun of the Dead.

Have a look around where you are now and I bet you can see about half a dozen things more appropriate for braining the undead.

Not that I don't disagree with you but there's actually nothing in my living room that would be better than a shovel.

This is a bit worrying, I can't think of anything that's better than a shovel that I have in my house. I only have one sharp, small knife because my dad took all the bigger, sharper ones down home with him in case someone broke into my house and stabbed me with them.

February. Fckin february.

Damn shitty US networks.

I really enjoyed it. After the shambolic display last season I decided to take it for what it is, a show that should be fun with zombie killing and biting action and a token dieing every six episodes.

I can't wait til February now. That episode was a bit messed up, and sorta seemed like too much was going on at once. But brilliant all the same.

Carl thinks he's a bad ass, and I sooo want him to die painfully and for someone to burn that hat.

Poor t-dawg 2.0. Thought he was gonna be the one. Let's see how t-dawg 3.0 does.

Merle and Daryl is going to be interesting too. And Andrea. Ahhh so many talking points!!

Not that I don't disagree with you but there's actually nothing in my living room that would be better than a shovel.

This is a bit worrying, I can't think of anything that's better than a shovel that I have in my house. I only have one sharp, small knife because my dad took all the bigger, sharper ones down home with him in case someone broke into my house and stabbed me with them.

Once I ran out of bullets in my H&K, I don't even have anything near as good as a shovel...... :nervous:

Once I ran out of bullets in my H&K, I don't even have anything near as good as a shovel...... :nervous:

Off the top of my head I've got a couple of big kitchen knives and a cleaver, a baseball bat and a whole variety of shovels (yay Canadian winters...) including the ice breaking small ones that I think would be perfect. There's an axe in the back garage as well.

Bring it.

That Shane scene was terrible and pointless.

A pretty neat finale though, looks like its all setup quite nicely now.

I don't know. That's what, 3 episodes in a row now where the show is pointing out that Rick isn't completely sane. Maybe something in this. Unless it's something gay shit about him griefing and feeling guilty.

Kind of miss T-dog. Replaced him with a more macho T-dog. Then Cutty became available. I reckon Idris Elba will pop up in the finale. He'll be the last in the line of T-dogs.

FFS. New T-dog is even named Tyreese. This thread can't be the only place that jokes about this.

You keep a shovel in your living room? Weirdo.

tumblr_lps76r3f341r00k3po1_400.gif

At the end of series 6 it will be revealed that all the T-Dogs were infected with a different virus and now theres an army of black men eating zombies. They dont speak.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the fact that it's split into two parts?

It's better than waiting 10 months for Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad etc.

The script writers are working on a follow up to White Men Can't Jump. It's called Black Men Can't Speak.

Woman with T-Dog 3 who got bitten on the arm started limping. The feck.

She might have been limping before, hence why she was resting when we first she her, getting bitten is like the second thing we see her do.

She might have been limping before, hence why she was resting when we first she her, getting bitten is like the second thing we see her do.

A very pointless character. Firstly, she got stupidly bitten. But that's normal for this show. She does nothing but scream and then they haven't got much problem doing her head in with a hammer in the end. It would have looked better had she not been there or not be bitten at all.
It can get too stupid at times. She's been running past zombies for 8 months now. All of a sudden one pops up, in a pretty open area, like some ghoul from a haunted house ride and she had no reflexes at all.

Also, when zombies attack you head on they are slow as feck. When they come at you from anywhere else it's like their mouths are magnets.

I'd like to thank George Romero, he's the reason I have a crowbar by my front door.

Loved that game, but not enough zombies.

To be fair I didn't end up actually buying a crowbar until I needed one to break into my own house, but now that I own one, it's in the ready position.

Though I have to say I'd trade it in for a really good samurai sword.