Television The Walking Dead

I just got to the "I know I'm not getting any mother of the year awards, and I know you're not a killer, so go kill em baby", speech.

The comedy is undervalued in this show.

My view too.

Really care about the characters in this program.
Dale's death got to me and even Lori, whom I really had no liking for.
It is one of Frank Darabont's strengths though.

You cared about Dale? GTFO!

One of the biggest weaknesses on this show for me is the fact that I don't care about any of the characters. I couldn't give a shit if any of them died.

You cared about Dale? GTFO!

One of the biggest weaknesses on this show for me is the fact that I don't care about any of the characters. I couldn't give a shit if any of them died.

That was the case for me in season one. Different now though. I like Glenn and Daryl, and Rick too.

grimes_drunk.jpg

My view too.

Really care about the characters in this program.
Dale's death got to me and even Lori, whom I really had no liking for.
It is one of Frank Darabont's strengths though.

What characters? There are barely any worth learning the names of. But thats kind of okay because they're all going to be eaten by zombies at some point, except for Rick.

What characters? There are barely any worth learning the names of. But thats kind of okay because they're all going to be eaten by zombies at some point, except for Rick.

It is the type of situation that you really have trouble seeing any sort of happy ending for anyone. Unless the zombies suddenly start rapidly decomposing and falling apart, thus ending the threat.

It would make sense for Rick to be the last one alive, since it really comes down to him being the reason everyone else keeps getting killed.

Dale trying to throw all of the guns in the swamp was the dumbest thing I've seen on this show. He had to go.

He was only hiding them to stop Shane from ruining their arrangement with Hershel by slaughtering the walkers in the barn so there was some logic behind it, but yes it was pretty stupid with the potential threat of a herd coming at any time.

He was generally one of the best characters though.

It is the type of situation that you really have trouble seeing any sort of happy ending for anyone. Unless the zombies suddenly start rapidly decomposing and falling apart, thus ending the threat.

It would make sense for Rick to be the last one alive, since it really comes down to him being the reason everyone else keeps getting killed.

That's true, but I quite like a show like this with a high turnover rate. It just loses it edge when nobody dies in a while, ie season 2. It doesn't make it bad, but now I feel on edge again, like anyone could go apart from Rick. That's what it needs for me. Rick, Glenn and Daryl are the three I'd say are really safe and won't go anywhere anytime soon.

I love Daryl. He's the best character by a mile, and Norman Reedus is the best actor on the show.

If Daryl dies, I'm done with the show.

It's funny - I like this show, but it has to be one of the least character-driven shows around. I really do have trouble remembering the names.
For example, the black guy who got eaten on this last episode. No idea what his name is. Same with the dead wife. I keep referring to her as 'Sarah'.

It's funny - I like this show, but it has to be one of the least character-driven shows around. I really do have trouble remembering the names.
For example, the black guy who got eaten on this last episode. No idea what his name is. Same with the dead wife. I keep referring to her as 'Sarah'.

In all fairness T-Dog the black guy was just a token black and hardly did anything, but Lori was one of the biggest in the show. If you didn't know who she was then you've probably just not been paying attention.

In all fairness T-Dog the black guy was just a token black and hardly did anything, but Lori was one of the biggest in the show. If you didn't know who she was then you've probably just not been paying attention.
Of course i knew who she was, but her name always escaped me.

I love Daryl. He's the best character by a mile, and Norman Reedus is the best actor on the show.

If Daryl dies, I'm done with the show.

Daryl is good, I'll give you that. The problem is he spends far too much time with that annoying woman, so we can only hope she dies soon.

Should be good when he finally meets back up with Merl.

Daryl is good, I'll give you that. The problem is he spends far too much time with that annoying woman, so we can only hope she dies soon.

Should be good when he finally meets back up with Merl.

They're building that relationship up between Daryl and Carol, but whether it actually goes further, we don't know. We're not even sure if Carol is alive, she probably is because we just saw her running out a door but you can never be sure.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Merle meets up with Daryl again. Nobody wants to see Daryl become a full blown softie, but he's shown depth to his character, so I hope he's not dragged down by Merle again.

Rule of Hollywood 101: If someone runs out of a door and is not shown to die, they're not dead.

They're building that relationship up between Daryl and Carol, but whether it actually goes further, we don't know. We're not even sure if Carol is alive, she probably is because we just saw her running out a door but you can never be sure.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Merle meets up with Daryl again. Nobody wants to see Daryl become a full blown softie, but he's shown depth to his character, so I hope he's not dragged down by Merle again.

They've been building that relationship for nearly a series now which might indicate that it's not going to happen. Hopefully anyway, because I'm not a fan of Carol's character. They do have a way of just cutting of potential relationships/conflicts though. I was looking forward to how Merle would react to T-Dog after the roof incident, but that won't happen now. Then there was Rick and Lori's failing relationship, which was rendered non-existent after that last episode.

Merle and Daryl will be interesting and I want to see how they do it. I predict Daryl will be against his brother slightly at first. Something will happen like the group accidentally leaves him behind so he just escapes, and his brother starts to tempt him onto his side. Then, something happens towards the end which turns Daryl against him. They're both fighting together. They get overwhelmed. Daryl leaves Merle. Merle gets munched by zombies. That's what I can see happening anyway. Probably won't plan out just like that but it's my prediction.

Also, since it airs first in the US tomorrow, what time would it be available at here?

Cool thanks. Don't know whether to watch now or to stack about four of them like I did up until now.

That's what I did after the first four. Sitting back and watching all of them consecutively though was actually very enjoyable. It was brilliant so I might go for that and see how it goes again.

I try doing that but I never manage it. I usually get into these shows late on, so get to enjoy a few season long marathons before being forced into this 40 minutes a week money making bullshit way of watching a show.