Television The Walking Dead

I thought the ep was pretty damn good.

Maybe I didn't catch it but at the end of last season the proson was right over the hill. What have they been doing for the last few months? Hanging out by the side of the road?

They're trying to make Carl useful/interesting. It won't work.

I was curious about that as well. At the end of last season, Lori's not showing at all. This season she's very pregnant.

I was curious about that as well. At the end of last season, Lori's not showing at all. This season she's very pregnant.

fecking Carl...when I saw him bursting through the doors with a gun I just shook my head. Yea the campfire scene was.....campy. I skipped ahead through that part.

The other funny part was Carl trying to get with Beth.....hilarious.

A few months have obviously passed because Andrea said to the black girl that she got her through winter. Still don't know how they didn't manage to find the prison in all that time then.

Anyway, ignoring the plotholes, what an episode! Thought it was great and probably the first one I've properly enjoyed in a long time.

Re: the how did they not notice the prison question.

T-dog makes some comment early about how they've essentially come full circle when they're looking at the map. Doesn't answer how they didn't notice it the first time but it does explain how they got back. Also, its notable in that it was said by T-dog.

Overall that was a really good episode, minus the black badass chick and Andrea parts. Nothing against crazy samurai lady, but Andrea is so fecking annoying.

What channel was it on? It doesn't start in the UK till the 24th?

Spoiler from the new episode:

I think either way Herschel is dead. He is going to either bleed out or die through infection and he is the only real doctor they have. They seemed to be royally fecked with a baby along the way.

Spoiler from the new episode:

I think either way Herschel is dead. He is going to either bleed out or die through infection and he is the only real doctor they have. They seemed to be royally fecked with a baby along the way.

Spoiler about the latest episode to be nice to those who haven't watched it yet.
I'm not so sure because they got the leg off pretty quickly so he probably won't zombify and they sound like they still have drugs plus whatever there is in the prison.

It also looks like the budget got a boost because the last series did so well, the finale in particular. This episode had more zombie carnage per min than any episode to date I'd guess.

I really liked this episode, bar the fecking around in the dark they made somewhat sensible decisions for once.

You would think that to survive this long these people would have learned how to do things. If you want to root out the zombies from inside the prison, don't go romping around in the dark (with your 70 year old doctor!), just make some noise and draw them to an area where you can kill them one by one with minimal risk.

And seriously, if they are low on ammo, why did they have the shooting gallery in the yard when they proved they could lure them to the fence and kill them with the pipe?

You would think that to survive this long these people would have learned how to do things. If you want to root out the zombies from inside the prison, don't go romping around in the dark (with your 70 year old doctor!), just make some noise and draw them to an area where you can kill them one by one with minimal risk.

And seriously, if they are low on ammo, why did they have the shooting gallery in the yard when they proved they could lure them to the fence and kill them with the pipe?

Yeah they don't seem to have a lot of patience, try could've easily killed all of those zombies without using a single bullet.

The prison question

Obviously based on info supplied during the show several months have passed since the end of last season. As far as it taking them some time to find the prison, I think the end of last season might have mislead some people as to how close they were to the prison. While it could be seen off in the distance from the camera vantage point (up in the sky really) I did not get the impression that come daylight it would be visible to them from where they were. They then spent a few months trying to get to the coast (I think) but kept running into large groups of walkers, along with spending alot of time foraging for supplies. In the end they happen to stumble accross the prison by accident really. It all came down to finally taking the right path, it is not like there were only a few roads they had choices to drive down so they very easily could have just not driven down the road that would have taken them by the prison.

As JAF said, in the finale the camera panned up to show the prison. They'd have no way of knowing it was there. Who's to say they didn't from there go in to the woods, and then back in a different direction, etc...

Thought the episode was good. Some sensible decisions finally. Also some odd ones like wasting all the ammo, taking a 70 year old man to hunt zombies in the dark, and continually attacking a walker with a helmet on, wondering why they won't die.

Samurai girl is odd. I want to know why she keeps the two armless walkers. If it's purely for looking cool then it's dumb. I hope it makes them blend in or something.

My guesses for future episodes

You can guarantee at some point, someone will fall foul of the group and will be locked in one of the cells. Eventually another sympathetic member will let him out leading to either:

A. Something bad, somebody dies.
B. The person let out ends up saving someone.

Also you can bet one of those prisoners has some sort of medical expertise and they'll have to figure out whether to let him out to treat a dying Hershel.

I'm pretty sure it's rule of cool, in regards the two zombies but I guess it could be to disguise herself as a zombi, like they did that one time covering themselves in gore.

Possibly the best episode since the pilot.

General musings about the episode
Pros:
Not much Lori
Lots of Zombie action
Lots of suspense and danger
Carl being a little older, hopefully he will mature as a character too
T-Dawg having a line or two
Lots of Maggie
Lots of sweaty, grubby Maggie being badass
The ending was good, although I knew what was coming I still liked it
Michonne is great, exactly as I pictured her
The zombie with the gas mask, he was like the boss on a video game
Things actually happening

Cons:
Carol, just feck off already
Beth and Carl? Isn't she about 10 years older than him? It's weird
Not enough Maggie
Still making some pretty basic errors

They won't keep this pace up but hopefully we don't get 9 episodes of Lori being a bad mum and lecturing us on women's rights before it picks up for the finale again.

Lori's lectured on women's rights ? if anything she was all like 'get back in the kitchen, bitch. Them clothes ain't washing themselves.' right before crashing a car on empty road.

I think the lack of patience comes from a) they are tired to the point of total exhaustion and b) the advancing pregnancy. I don't want to watch 3 episodes of them stabbing zombies through the fence so I'm happy to skim over this.

Thoughts on each character

Rick: "MAH BOY!"
Lori: When she fired the revolver, the hammer didn't even move. I'm convinced that they just painted over the Nintendo gun from Duck Hunt. Which would be the smartest thing anyone on this show has done because remember, this is the same person that flipped over her car while being the only car on a straight road.
Darryl: Badass.
Andrea: Shrill shrew shot Darryl and no one was mad at her.
Carl: Apparently has the exact same head size as his dad.
Herschel's Daughter #3: I assume age of consent laws don't apply in the zombie apocalypse
Maggie: Hot and not annoying
Glen: Also not annoying
Carol: Worthless. How does she stick around? What talent does she have?
Herschel: Good thing there are other doctors and farmers in the group because without them, his loss would really hit hard.
Black girl: Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but please die
TDawg: AW HELL NAW

Spoiler from the new episode again:

I am really interested to see how the prisoners survived so far. I mean if they have been living on the food inside the prison, they must be running really low, in which case the main group is fecked. Wonder if they have weapons too.

My guesses for future episodes

You can guarantee at some point, someone will fall foul of the group and will be locked in one of the cells. Eventually another sympathetic member will let him out leading to either:

A. Something bad, somebody dies.
B. The person let out ends up saving someone.

Also you can bet one of those prisoners has some sort of medical expertise and they'll have to figure out whether to let him out to treat a dying Hershel.

Re:your point sol
Prisoners at the end. I thought similar but....my train of thought is that the majority of that group are criminals. Therefore I'm sure at least one is badass, one is a fecked up murderer, the others are petty criminals. It's predictable something will go wrong. That trailer at end "this is our prison" hmm

The show is entertaining, but god damn is it stupid. From the very start, we are reminded just how ridiculous their decision making is. Why would you make some desperate run for the tower to gain a vantage point for shooting, when old man white beard and your son are already safely at another tower, shooting zombies! In fact, why would you do any of that, you have a fecking fence between you and them, just attract them with a single gun shot and kill them with knives etc. Then immediately after wasting all of that ammunition, the doctor informs the sheriff they don't have enough ammo to safely check the inside of the prison. Yes. Also giving Carol (I think that's her name, she is completely pointless) an AK-47 seemed to continue with the general 'feck everything' attitude they have towards survival.

It would be so much better if they showed a little thought when heading into immediate and immense danger, like that entire end bit. I also like the thought of the baby turning into a zombie and eating that annoying, annoying bitch. Maybe Rick will kill her before that happens though, here's hoping.

As JAF said, in the finale the camera panned up to show the prison. They'd have no way of knowing it was there. Who's to say they didn't from there go in to the woods, and then back in a different direction, etc...

Thought the episode was good. Some sensible decisions finally. Also some odd ones like wasting all the ammo, taking a 70 year old man to hunt zombies in the dark, and continually attacking a walker with a helmet on, wondering why they won't die.

Samurai girl is odd. I want to know why she keeps the two armless walkers. If it's purely for looking cool then it's dumb. I hope it makes them blend in or something.

I was wondering the same thing. Also, even though they have no arms or jaw why do they not still go after her? They're zombies FFS, not dogs. I did notice when they were leaving the house she had backpacks on them so maybe she's using them for pack mules. :confused:

I was wondering the same thing. Also, even though they have no arms or jaw why do they not still go after her? They're zombies FFS, not dogs. I did notice when they were leaving the house she had backpacks on them so maybe she's using them for pack mules. :confused:

I don't think they can smell her so they don't see her as food.

The armoury and the med centre clearly aren't going to be located in the main jailhouse so why the feck are they even roaming around in there?

Well how can they go after her seeing as they have nothing to get her with? They can't bite or scratch her, so they just walk behind her. They could be like you said, pack mules but then they could also be her using them as like a warning to other zombies, but then that wouldn't make much sense since zombies can't actually think. So if they can't think, then like you say wouldn't they keep going after her, then they just realize they can't get her but keep trying regardless?