Television The Walking Dead

Just have 60 minutes of Daryl shooting zombies with bows and arrows from different angles and with some Fallout-style slow-mo trajectory-following shit and I'll be happy.

Now this would be good.

Really though, the writers surely must know that people think the characters are shit, so why not kill them off? Keep Daryl, find some more bad ass mofos and go kill some feckin' zombies.

I'm also disappointed they haven't brought back the black dude and his son from the first episode, he's a good actor (great in Jericho) and I liked him a lot more than Sheriff zzz.

Grow some fecking balls writers.

This is supposed to be a character-driven show set in a zombie apocalypse isn't it? At least that's what it looks like it's supposed to be. If you're hoping for Resident Evil - the tv show, I don't think you're ever going to get that.

Exactly. Not the greatest show on TV but well worth watching IMO. Surely there are enough plotless zombie films with blood and guts everywhere that you can watch if this isn't for you? That said
I'm a bit bored of the farm. About time they moved on and given the end of the last episode I guess that is what will happen.

This is supposed to be a character-driven show set in a zombie apocalypse isn't it? At least that's what it looks like it's supposed to be. If you're hoping for Resident Evil - the tv show, I don't think you're ever going to get that.

I wouldn't mind that IF it actually had good characters to watch, but they really are all rubbish and badly written, apart from Daryl. You can't have a character driven show if nobody likes the characters in it.

I'm struggling to remember the last time a TV Show had a good female character, or a good male character that wasn't in some way eccentric.

Walking Dead fails on many levels.

I wouldn't mind that IF it actually had good characters to watch, but they really are all rubbish and badly written, apart from Daryl. You can't have a character driven show if nobody likes the characters in it.

I'm not disputing that. I just think that everyone that wants badasses running around shooting zombies should probably quit watching and wait for a different show, because this show isn't it.

I'm not wanting resident evil the tv years.

but, I just wish they'd get real about actually surviving, they still sleep in tents out in the open, they have an excellent premise they insist on wasting on petty bullshit like "on noes, she might be up the duff with some other blokes child"

The last season has seriously been about the farm and the missing kid, the arc just dragged on and on and on.

Surviving an apocalypse should be interesting.

And on that note... what was up with that old guy who was about to throw all their guns into a swamp? Am I missing something here, or is that the stupidest, most unlikely move ever in a zombie apocalypse?

I mean, this is a zombie apocalypse, right? Did it turn into a camping trip?

I'm not wanting resident evil the tv years.

but, I just wish they'd get real about actually surviving, they still sleep in tents out in the open, they have an excellent premise they insist on wasting on petty bullshit like "on noes, she might be up the duff with some other blokes child"

The last season has seriously been about the farm and the missing kid, the arc just dragged on and on and on.

Surviving an apocalypse should be interesting.

the relevant comic book was all about them on the farm, not one of the more interesting books i'll grant you that

I think the rest of the season is going to be good. At least from the TV spots I have seen so far, it should be interesting.

It's been so annoying having to wait this long...but they are cleared for a third season I believe...so that should be good

Exactly, what I was thinking. I have never seen a show get an almost 3 month midseason break.

I could understand why they may have wanted a break over Christmas but it should have started again in January...all I can think is it clashed with another programme

Yeah but they better get their shit together and improve their storyline dramatically. Otherwise it won't go beyond a 3rd season.

I have been disappointed with the lack of zombies and certain characters that are supposed to be in it at this point...but I suppose its because I read the comics

Its just that they are trying to prolong the show to have a few more seasons but then again the viewers want way more action than what has happened so far this season. It could backfire if they don't end up deviating from the books and make up some stuff/episodes on their own. I haven't read the comics, so I have no idea what is supposed to be happening.

The comics are brilliant, which in a way is why I shouldn't watch the show as I nit pick it...when i know they should be making changes and adapting it for tv

Well I get the volumes and I'm up to volume 10 so far, they have stuck to it mostly...some characters haven't been introduced yet and they have done some things out of sequence but its not a major drama lol...I'm just intrigued to see where they go with it

How many comics are there? And is the TV show strictly following them so far?

Im up to comic number 15. Not sure how many there are in total

No, they aren't following them strictly so far. Some bits are accurate and others aren't. Some characters were killed off in the comics long ago

Im up to comic number 15. Not sure how many there are in total

No, they aren't following them strictly so far. Some bits are accurate and others aren't. Some characters were killed off in the comics long ago

Yeah, I want to see what they do with that particular character that should be dead now...I think they will die by the end of the season

Okay so I just finished watching the new episode.

The Sheriff's wife is in big trouble. One hell of a big trouble! Also I loved what the Sheriff did at the end. He just killed those two bastards trying to free ride.

Interesting episode hopefully some sparks start to fly.

I kind of wish they would just leave the farm. They don't really need the Hersel that badly, women had babies long before the invention of curmudgeonly old veterinarians.

Just saw last night's episode in the US, (it's on here on Friday). I love it, the best thing on tv right now in my opinion but it's a very subjective subject anyway and I can't understand why so many people are finding fault with it...

Nothing on tv can please all the people ALL the time but I'm enjoying this programme right now and can't wait til next week...

Just saw last night's episode in the US, (it's on here on Friday). I love it, the best thing on tv right now in my opinion but it's a very subjective subject anyway and I can't understand why so many people are finding fault with it...

Nothing on tv can please all the people ALL the time but I'm enjoying this programme right now and can't wait til next week...

To each his own, but mate have you seen Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones et all ?

The episode was pretty much like last time.

More half based accusations, some bickering, annoying people, nothing really happening and then right at the end someone gets shot.

At least she's probably not pregnant anymore which means next episode will be boring and annoying and it will end with them leaving and it will get fun again

At least

The doctor has admitted he was wrong. At least the characters seem like they will change a bit and stop fecking about with "feelings". At least Rick has stopped moping.

But why oh why won't they leave that farm :( Honestly, they are so shit. They never dug a trench, they could have used those two cowboys back at the bar. They are running out of people. They are shit.

Those guys were obvious trouble. A veteran sheriff could tell that straight away. Definitely not the type to settle down on a farm and chill out. I mean the fatty told straight away that he was horny and asked about women. Now, obviously they'd be in small group and would know everyone in it so he was basically asking if any of their moms/daughters/sisters/cousins/aunts/friends were doable.

Then the sly one went for the gun. He had only one thought in mind.

Yeah, I want to see what they do with that particular character that should be dead now...I think they will die by the end of the season

Are the comic books a lot more violent/have more action rofl?

At least

The doctor has admitted he was wrong. At least the characters seem like they will change a bit and stop fecking about with "feelings". At least Rick has stopped moping.

But why oh why won't they leave that farm :( Honestly, they are so shit. They never dug a trench, they could have used those two cowboys back at the bar. They are running out of people. They are shit.
The two "cowboys" where looking to rob them, they had no intention of co-existing, I figured that out about the same time a Rick. Of course my realisation was aided by a subtle change in musical score.

A trench isn't a bad idea, I certainly agree with defending their encampment, with more than fecking tents, but the farm is going to be more than a few acres of land, that's one hell of a trench for 10-12 people to dig.

I haven't read the comics but I hear there is more to the story than that, so hopefully they are on the move soon.