The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thoughts on ringing my GP to see about a 2nd jab? Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since 1st jab, all they've said is they'll be in touch about booking my 2nd but not heard anything as of yet. I'd quite like to get it done and over with but also don't want to be 'that guy'.
Some sites only open their booking system for one week ahead. The policy is still that you need to be 8 weeks beyond the first dose - but there local exceptions (priority areas/risk groups and to avoid vaccines getting wasted due to "use by date" rules). In general the GPs don't change your position in the list, they just rely on the local health authority to send booking links. You'd have to keep an eye on twitter to see if a local walk-in centre is doing early doses.

It's worth checking the national system to see if you can make your second booking though:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...rus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

There's also a link that lets you check where the walk-in centres are operating this week:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...alk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/
If you check that link later in the week you may see an option for next week in your area. There's a risk that if you show up this week (pre week 8) they'll send you away - though towards the end of the day I doubt they would)

Thoughts on ringing my GP to see about a 2nd jab? Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since 1st jab, all they've said is they'll be in touch about booking my 2nd but not heard anything as of yet. I'd quite like to get it done and over with but also don't want to be 'that guy'.

Are you in Sheff? If so and you're Pfizer the Octagon centre & one at Darnall are both doing walk ins for 2nd jab as well as first, someone at work went on Saturday and they were only 6 weeks between jabs but were fine to get their 2nd.

Feck yeah, getting Moderna in 2 days!

So basically: if I lose my head and start singing You're My Heart, You're My Soul in the upcoming weeks, don't worry about me. That's just Moderna Talking :cool:

Are you in Sheff? If so and you're Pfizer the Octagon centre & one at Darnall are both doing walk ins for 2nd jab as well as first, someone at work went on Saturday and they were only 6 weeks between jabs but were fine to get their 2nd.

Yeah Sheffield, I looked up the Octagon after @jojojo comment, will give them ago.

Yeah Sheffield, I looked up the Octagon after @jojojo comment, will give them ago.

Yeah that's the one someone at work went to, they had to wait until there wasn't a que because if it's busy they prioritize over 40s so depending on your age you might have to wait but either way you should be all good.

This is good stuff. We know antibodies decline after vaccination but this is the first study done (in humans) to demonstrate persistence of the cells which churn out these antibodies (and are intended to protect you in the very long term)

Very good indeed. People have been too affixed on antibody level.

@maniak, you need to be really firm with her. Tell her she can believe whatever crazy stuff she wants, but you won't have her trying to change the mind of other people you care about.

You could also point out that you're very disappointed that she's allowed herself to be influenced by her boyfriend, as you thought she was more intelligent than that. :)

Thanks for the advice Penna, I ended up being lucky because my grandfather had a word with her and asked her to stop putting that nonsense in our family group. It went well and she has stopped.

As for the second part, I'm not sure, she'd probably just see is as condescending and I'm not sure I have the energy for the drama.

Thanks for the advice Penna, I ended up being lucky because my grandfather had a word with her and asked her to stop putting that nonsense in our family group. It went well and she has stopped.

As for the second part, I'm not sure, she'd probably just see is as condescending and I'm not sure I have the energy for the drama.
Well, if she's stopped that's all you wanted her to do, really. Hope all your family get vaccinated now.

We are just over 3% :(
That’s mad. Considering your lockdown strategy, it had to be complimented by a great vaccine push. You did the hard bit so well.

Feck yeah, getting Moderna in 2 days!

So basically: if I lose my head and start singing You're My Heart, You're My Soul in the upcoming weeks, don't worry about me. That's just Moderna Talking :cool:
You'd have deserved a green smilie for this but I'm too self-conscious to give you one after everyone else ignored you.

You'd have deserved a green smilie for this but I'm too self-conscious to give you one after everyone else ignored you.

No worries! I'm born with the bad pun/dad humor gene. I've purposely been cracking bad jokes that only I laugh at since I was a teenager :D

That’s mad. Considering your lockdown strategy, it had to be complimented by a great vaccine push. You did the hard bit so well.

Yes. The States have been the adult in the room but having fecking morons like #scottyfrommarketing at the Federal level has fecked us. Even State Premiers from his own party are slamming him.

Ireland allowing AZ to be used in over 18s again.

They did that in Italy to get the school leavers vaccinated, and then an 18-year-old girl died of a brain haemorrhage. So now it's back to the over-60s only.
Lovely... :lol:

So I got my vaccine at the end of May and I have another appointment for it at the end of July. My friend who got his a week before me went to a walk in at Emirates Stadium and they said as long as it's at least 3 weeks they will give the second Pfizer jab. Is there any downside to doing this?

So I got my vaccine at the end of May and I have another appointment for it at the end of July. My friend who got his a week before me went to a walk in at Emirates Stadium and they said as long as it's at least 3 weeks they will give the second Pfizer jab. Is there any downside to doing this?

None whatsoever. And a big upside.

Strange night after my second Pfizer jab yesterday. Weird dreams followed by fever like symptoms. Took 2 Enantyum and woke up feeling more or less ok this morning albeit a little drained.

Got second dose of AZ this morning at the SSE in Belfast. Queues still quite long which is great to see and still got through in less than half an hour, very impressive. Felt awful the day after my first so hopefully avoid that this time round.

Shit, just realised the Emirates stadium thing was a one off in terms of its not open next weekend.

I am struggling to know where these pop ups are in advance - does anyone have a place to see for any in London? (Pfizer please)

Shit, just realised the Emirates stadium thing was a one off in terms of its not open next weekend.

I am struggling to know where these pop ups are in advance - does anyone have a place to see for any in London? (Pfizer please)

I think you get the info from your local council website. Should be able to find it through Google?

The ones near me were all saying 8 week gap for second Pfizer jab, but I kind of wish I’d just gone and asked.

Had my second Pfizer jab an hour ago. Stung like a son of a bitch when he jabbed me.

I had a dead arm for a few days after my first - hoping it’s no worse this time around, not least cos I’ve got a newborn son to help take care of now!

Had my second Pfizer jab an hour ago. Stung like a son of a bitch when he jabbed me.

I had a dead arm for a few days after my first - hoping it’s no worse this time around, not least cos I’ve got a newborn son to help take care of now!

And to think that I once read your username as Hardy.

Congrats!

The guy who claimed (incorrectly) to have “invented” mRNA vaccines that starred on a podcast shared by @DFreshKing was doing his best to amplify the findings of that trial, unsurprisingly.

This guy.

He looks a bit like Keano, doesn't he? :nervous:

@Pogue Mahone

So we are puhsing out indoor dining etc indefinitely it would appear in Ireland. the plan is to have a plan by 19th July which is a total shambles

Any opinion of the accuracy of the Nphet statement about thousands of deaths again in September?

Seems we are under tougher restrictions this year even though vaccines are here!

I would be interested to see the UK real-world data regarding vaccine robustness (in addition to natural immunity) delta variant post freedom day
Seeing a significant amount of positive covid test post-double-doses in the community, even after a month or so (and fairly equitable across the mRNAs or AZ)
So far with me none I've had to admit as mild symptoms but my colleagues have sent a few to hospital

@Pogue Mahone

So we are puhsing out indoor dining etc indefinitely it would appear in Ireland. the plan is to have a plan by 19th July which is a total shambles

Any opinion of the accuracy of the Nphet statement about thousands of deaths again in September?

Seems we are under tougher restrictions this year even though vaccines are here!

That’s getting twisted a bit by the press. All the modelling has best and worst case scenarios. They give a range of outcomes with the most likely somewhere in the middle. The “thousands dead in September” prediction was worst case.

My personal opinion is that I’m ok with pushing out indoor dining/drinking. Life is pretty good for most people now. We can do most things we want. Losing some of our current “privileges” would be too grim for words.

I would be interested to see the UK real-world data regarding vaccine robustness (in addition to natural immunity) delta variant post freedom day
Seeing a significant amount of positive covid test post-double-doses in the community, even after a month or so (and fairly equitable across the mRNAs or AZ)
So far with me none I've had to admit as mild symptoms but my colleagues have sent a few to hospital

I’m a bit worried about that too. The PHE data on effectiveness seems almost too good to be true, with cases rising as quickly as they are now.

Any trends you’re noticing in the double dose breakthroughs? Young? Old? Extended interval between doses?

Does any know the general rules with the general ‘walk-in’ vaccination centres?? There is two near me at the Etihad and near Belle Vue dogs.

My missus needs to bring her second jab forward to stop her having to pay for a test before we fly to the Balearics on 31/07 (crosses fingers).

I am just not sure if they are quire literally walk in centres or not and if she can just turn up one day with no invite.

Anyone have any ideas?

I’m a bit worried about that too. The PHE data on effectiveness seems almost too good to be true, with cases rising as quickly as they are now.

Any trends you’re noticing in the double dose breakthroughs? Young? Old? Extended interval between doses?

Probably too few cases to extrapolate. But quite a few picked up on lateral flow tests with subsequent PCR confirmations.
I've mainly seen 30-40s, all of ours in Leicester tended to have 2-3 months between doses and very few less than that.

A preponderance of headache, sore throat and lethargy though. Almost severe hayfever, sinusitis like symptoms too. Which corresponds to the Zoe covid tracker self-reporting App are saying regarding delta variant.

Wonder how new clincial subentities might be established. Will be easy to avoid hospital being overwhelmed if patients coming in were easier to discharge and didn't require ITU input unlike previous waves

Had my Moderna shot a little over an hour ago now. Feeling fine with no side effects (up to now), arm is a little sore but tbh pretty much any injection/having blood taken/ infusion I had up to now was worse than that. Hardly felt anything when it happened.

Does any know the general rules with the general ‘walk-in’ vaccination centres?? There is two near me at the Etihad and near Belle Vue dogs.

My missus needs to bring her second jab forward to stop her having to pay for a test before we fly to the Balearics on 31/07 (crosses fingers).

I am just not sure if they are quire literally walk in centres or not and if she can just turn up one day with no invite.

Anyone have any ideas?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...rus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/