The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Queuing for my jab in the Aviva. Incredible operation. Hundreds and hundreds of people being processed so quickly. Every queue constantly moving. Cool to experience such a momentous occasion at our national stadium. Seeing bits of it I never saw before!
I hope you all get time to sing the national anthem.

Queuing for my jab in the Aviva. Incredible operation. Hundreds and hundreds of people being processed so quickly. Every queue constantly moving. Cool to experience such a momentous occasion at our national stadium. Seeing bits of it I never saw before!
Good luck. Congrats. Good Saturday night entertainment! Wonder what you’ll get

Got my first Pfizer shot today at Guys hospital today. Credit to hospital and NHS, it was very well organised with polite staff(mostly med students). Got a sore arm and feel a bit light headed but it’s not too bad.

It’s the new veganism. Seems like everyone on my road got vaccinated recently and you can’t exchange more than a couple of words with them before they tell you “got the jab last week… Pfizer
Posted that a good while ago, Geebs. Got my jab at 4pm sharp (Pfizer) So impressed by the set-up at the Aviva. Amazing feat of organisation.
Et tu, Pogue?

I’m currently in a country on visit where I may have to pay for my vaccine - what is regarded the best one out so far?

Good news regarding the German CureVac mRNA vaccine with safety, low reactongenicity confirmed
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/28/science/curevac-vaccine-coronavirus-results.html

Ongoing HERALD trial to look at efficacy, currently trial has been expanded globally to include variant specification

Has backing from GSK and bayer I believe to handle logistics and also Tesla for manufacturing quickly using portable automated "printer" machines
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...id-19-vaccine-developer-curevac-idUSKBN243168

Also exciting as doesn't under ultra-cold chain storage
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/05/health/covid-vaccine-curevac.html

Got my first Pfizer shot today at Guys hospital today. Credit to hospital and NHS, it was very well organised with polite staff(mostly med students). Got a sore arm and feel a bit light headed but it’s not too bad.
Getting 1st Pfizer jab in an hour

How are you boys feeling now? My arm is a little sore...

Also agree that the staff are incredible. I had a tiny little blood come out after the injection and the doctor came to check on me in the seating area.

I felt a bit embarassed but it was lovely of her considering how busy it was.

I had my first AZ vaccine on Wednesday.

For those wondering about side effects, mine were:

• A sore arm from hour 0 through to hour 12
  • Headaches, chills and sore muscles from hour 12 to hour 24 (enough to make me forget about the sore arm)
  • A sore arm again from hour 24 to hour 36
In terms of severity, I'd say it was about as rough as a bad cold (albeit much shorter, and minus the sniffles and cough).

As somebody under 40, I was surprised to get the text message inviting me to come for a vaccine. But I figured I figured it was because of vaccine hesitancy in the area where my doctors are located (it has quite a high proportion of first generation immigrants).

Given the news about alternatives being offered to people my age, I'm expecting/hoping to get offered a different manufacturer for the second dose.

A few weeks on, but I didn't see anyone follow this up.
I thought the whole point was you had to have the same jab as the first as there wasn't the research yet on mixing them?

I got my first Pfizer jab yesterday, and so far, I'm feeling quite good. The only problem is the soreness and pain on my left deltoid, but that's about it (for now).

A few weeks on, but I didn't see anyone follow this up.
I thought the whole point was you had to have the same jab as the first as there wasn't the research yet on mixing them?
All I know is that research is still being done.

This is from 14 April to tell us that studies had started:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56730526

And this is from 13 May to give us an update on where they're up to so far:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57075503

Basically, if you combine doses the results are good but the side-effects are slightly worse than normal.

Even if the side-effects are worse, I think I'd prefer to mix-and-match having taken AZ first time around. I'd rather avoid the blood clot risk at my age if that ever becomes option.

So nothing definitive, but promising signs.

My missus, who suffered long covid along with my daughter last year, got the vaccine last week. No effects other than a sore arm. But since yesterday she's noticed she is starting to dose off during the day, something she has never done. She hardly needs to sleep at the best of times. It's a symptom a friend of hers has also noticed.

happened to me after both my doses (pfizer). but it coincided with higher workload/more pressure and stress, so it was hard to say what the root cause was. it led to bad sleep at night which then made the days worse. bad cycle.
it's mostly gone away i think, but it took a while to go (again, might be because of continuing work pressure).

Just had my 2nd, if it ruins my bank holiday Monday rather than a work day I’ll be very upset

Had Pfizer yday, zero side effects so much for all the horror stories!

You might have some side effects still in the post. I was grand when I woke up the next morning (apart from a sore arm) but definitely felt more tired than usual from mid-morning on. Any kind of physical activity felt much more draining than usual. Felt 100% by the evening though. All in all, extremely mild.

You might have some side effects still in the post. I was grand when I woke up the next morning (apart from a sore arm) but definitely felt more tired than usual from mid-morning on. Any kind of physical activity felt much more draining than usual. Felt 100% by the evening though. All in all, extremely mild.
Fatigue has been my only side effect over the weekend (had Pfizer Friday morning) and to be honest it’s been a really nice tiredness. I’m not someone that’s ever usually that sort of tired, always had trouble sleeping, even when I’ve had a physical day my body might be tired but my mind never switches off (probably an ADHD thing) but I’ve had some incredible naps over the last few days.

Fatigue has been my only side effect over the weekend (had Pfizer Friday morning) and to be honest it’s been a really nice tiredness. I’m not someone that’s ever usually that sort of tired, always had trouble sleeping, even when I’ve had a physical day my body might be tired but my mind never switches off (probably an ADHD thing) but I’ve had some incredible naps over the last few days.

Oh god I’m similar to you, I’m lucky to get 6 hours sleep a night but those moments you get a top nap are so rare it’s glorious

May of already been through that stage, can’t confirm smoked yesterday afternoon which causes very similar feelings just with added hunger :lol:

the sunburn though that is suffering!

happened to me after both my doses (pfizer). but it coincided with higher workload/more pressure and stress, so it was hard to say what the root cause was. it led to bad sleep at night which then made the days worse. bad cycle.
it's mostly gone away i think, but it took a while to go (again, might be because of continuing work pressure).

Cool. Yes the update from my wife is the effect of the vaccine totally and suddenly ended after three persistent days of it. She had diarrhea, pain in her tail bone, fatigue - all some of the things she heavily suffered from during her long covid last year. It's a good physical sign in a way that the vaccine was doing its job.

Was the same for me two weeks ago. Literally no side effects except a bit of a sore arm (and not even sure that was real or psychological).

My brother took it on Saturday and no side effects except a heavy sore arm.