The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
1) Very unlikely. And even if he gets impeached (by House) he needs to get removed from the Senate. McConnell can simply run the clock, and even if he starts the trial, it is quite unlikely that there will be 20 GOPsters who will vote to remove him (I think only Murkowski, Collins, Romney and Sasse would vote for that). Most likely McConnell will simply let the senate continue its recess.

2) He needs to be impeached from the House, removed from the Senate and then senate needs to pass a resolution that he cannot run for a federal office again.
Probably still not enough republicans that would turn on him. I think it would need a 2/3 majority in the senate.
Cheers, yeah I meant removal* from impeachment, should have clarified.

I think there was a co-founder from the Lincoln project who suggested that they can start the impeachment process and if impeached, then the process can still continue after the term ends to ascertain whether the accused should be prevented from holding any federal position. Which makes sense to me, I'm assuming that's why the Democrats are suggesting this route.

prateik

So Twitter found its balls right after Biden was confirmed and Dems got control of the senate.. what a happy coincidence.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Does he though? Cause I'm not convinced he's actually allowed to do anything anymore.
tbf, in terms of his mental state, banning his twitter was a *much* riskier move than impeaching him or kicking him out. if he was out, his release would be his tweets. now? he only has the power of the presidency with which to take out his frustrations.

Carolina Red

Staff
I read somewhere that even if impeached there'll have to be another vote about him not running again right after?
Yeah, they mean the “convicted” part when they say “impeached”. The 2nd vote is just normally implied.

If they include the disqualification from future office in the articles of impeachment, it’ll pass through along with his conviction in the Senate.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
tbf, in terms of his mental state, banning his twitter was a *much* riskier move than impeaching him or kicking him out. if he was out, his release would be his tweets. now? he only has the power of the presidency with which to take out his frustrations.
I mean, he has an entire communications department. But yeah, I know what you mean.

I hope (really really hope) he has people monitoring everything he does. I dont think the military is going to go along with anything in a quick manner to give SoD and JTS time to get to Pence. Pence may be a slime ball of immense proportions, but he is not insane.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Yeah, they mean the “convicted” part when they say “impeached”. The 2nd vote is just normally implied.

If they include the disqualification from future office in the articles of impeachment, it’ll pass through along with his conviction in the Senate.
Ah gotcha, apparently Mcconnell don't want to let them vote until the 19th anyway, so might be a bit late.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

30 minutes later

Ha! This is pretty pathetic. He must feel pretty lost without his usual corner to rant in, and Parler having been pulled from app stores. I can just imagine Trump calling around, begging everyone to get his greasy little hands on their accounts - and Twitter cutting him off at every corner, further enraging him.

What will he do now when he's on the toilet though?

Jesus. Just for the sake of those poor Secret Service agents make this happen. Trumps detail will become the new Nome, Alaska penal post.
Sounds like an easy job actually. Hanging out in Mar-a-lago, downtown New York, and various fancy hotels and golf courses - and that's about it. No way Trump would go on a book tour or attend charity events. Just need to put some music in those ear pieces so you don't have to hear him talk.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I do not think he has presidential power and I think twitter were told that.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
How many employee we have at trump inc?

Tell them to each make twitter account x 10 per day.
I rarely know what you are on about and this is no different.

WPMUFC

MAJOR BREAKING NEWS (NYT): Trump Is Now "Express[ing] Regret About Releasing a Video Committing to a Peaceful Transition of Power and Condemning the Violence at the Capitol" He regrets committing to a peaceful transition—so he must be removed immediately.
here we go folks, the nutcase is about to unleash. The trash-panda has been backed into a corner with all the bans.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
here we go folks, the nutcase is about to unleash. The trash-panda has been backed into a corner with all the bans.

How do Tim Burgess and Nancy Pelosi know each other?

Sanche7

Oh man, for a wannabe dictator this is pretty embarrassing. Even more embarrassing for the country,

Member 90887

What i don't get is that, he has money, lots of it. Surely he would have expected to be banned at some point and surely, it would have been an excellent business opportunity to make an app such as twitter and : 1) make money from it; 2) use it to communicate with his base without anyone silencing him.

I know that apps can be removed from stores and any app he would create can as well, but it's not difficult to host it on your website and install it without even using any store. So in that sense, it's weird for him that he didn't jump at this chance.

Anyways, good riddance.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What i don't get is that, he has money, lots of it. Surely he would have expected to be banned at some point and surely, it would have been an excellent business opportunity to make an app such as twitter and : 1) make money from it; 2) use it to communicate with his base without anyone silencing him.

I know that apps can be removed from stores and any app he would create can as well, but it's not difficult to host it on your website and install it without even using any store. So in that sense, it's weird for him that he didn't jump at this chance.

Anyways, good riddance.
It’s very easy for him to find a platform to say what he likes, when he likes. Not quite so easy to get the level of engagement and coverage he gets on Twitter and Facebook.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots

:lol:
There's a good chance he actually will be charged isn't it? Things are very quickly going down the drain for him now. He sure can't have many friends left either, at least not people with actual working brains. Good look going to court defended by Giuliani, Powell and Wood. Any lawyer caught defending him is fired the second it becomes known at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.