The Title Race 2017/18 | Done and dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes will let us down again on the weekend, so it's up to us to stop City.

I cannot wait to absolutely smash them at Old Trafford next weekend. I hope they absolutely destroy West Ham as well so they’re sky high on confidence, that way we can bring them crashing right down to earth in their rightful place.

CANNOT. FECKING. WAIT!

As annoying it was to see City score in the last moments, we’re famous for it ourselves. Just a little taste of the heartbreak others have suffered for a decade or two.

On the bright side Man City are looking vulnerable. They’ve gotten results so far but I really hope they drop points against us.

Our players are going to be so deflated if not after the weekend then certainly tonight

Think City will come a cropper at utd, you can see they can sense some pressure at the way they explode wildly in celebration with the late goals recently, the league is far from done!!

I cannot wait to absolutely smash them at Old Trafford next weekend. I hope they absolutely destroy West Ham as well so they’re sky high on confidence, that way we can bring them crashing right down to earth in their rightful place.

CANNOT. FECKING. WAIT!
Lol

If we fail to beat Arsenal and City beat us (after they beat West Ham) then despite it being November, the gap will be too big even for a Jose team to turn around.
As it stands right now, it requires City losing 3 games or drawing 4 games AND United winning every other remaining game.
Citys run is ridiculous (given it includes Chelsea away)

Uniteds run has been fantastic and even then, we are still 8 points behind City cos they have got quite a few late goals which has lead to this lead they have.

The more I think about it the more I'm gutted about these past two games and I haven't even followed them (just looked at the score at FT)

I have no doubt they'll drop points eventually but let's be honest the title is done

4pts from these next 2 would be marvellous, 2 or 3 mightn't be so bad either

little bit bedwetter-ish obviously, :( - but there we are

If city beat moyes, they'll go up to 43 points. If united don't win at the emirates, they'll have 33. With 69 remaining, if city pick up 49, united will need 60/69.

The derby at OT will be a dead rubber. In early December.

Welcome to the past 8 years of the spanish primera division

If city beat moyes, they'll go up to 43 points. If united don't win at the emirates, they'll have 33. With 69 remaining, if city pick up 49, united will need 60/69.

That’s such a daft way of looking at it.

Football isn’t linear - that’s the reason behind its longevity. You can’t make assumptions surrounding something that spans 10 months.

Just take each game week as it comes.

Don't think it'll be that straight forward. Think City will win it but there are a lot of circumstances which mean the PL is more gruelling than the La Liga. No winter break, games being generally more phyiscal and demanding, the weather etc.

That's not even taking into account influences out of your hands like injuries or loss of form.

There will be a few twists and turns yet imo, even though I don't see us winning the title.

That’s such a daft way of looking at it.

Football isn’t linear - that’s the reason behind its longevity. You can’t make assumptions surrounding something that spans 10 months.

Just take each game week as it comes.

Don't think it'll be that straight forward. Think City will win it but there are a lot of circumstances which mean the PL is more gruelling than the La Liga. No winter break, games being generally more phyiscal and demanding, the weather etc.

That's not even taking into account influences out of your hands like injuries or loss of form.

There will be a few twists and turns yet imo, even though I don't see us winning the title.

Take a look at the points picked up over the same stretch by the last 5 PL champions(excluding leicester), then convince yourselves that city won't pull off 52 points from here to the end

Said this before, but your only real hope is they get trainwrecked by injuries. Get the voodoo dolls out :lol:

CANNOT. FECKING. WAIT!
We HAVE to beat Arsenal first to keep things some how reachable, losing to Arsenal or even a draw will make it a huge huge task it could be five points gab or fourteen.

Take a look at the points picked up over the same stretch by the last 5 PL champions(excluding leicester), then convince yourselves that city won't pull off 52 points from here to the end

Said this before, but your only real hope is they get trainwrecked by injuries. Get the voodoo dolls out :lol:

No reason to get any dolls out, I didn't think we'd win the title before the season even started. To simply use other seasons as a way to determine how the season goes isn't right though. For example, City over the past few games have started looking leggy and we aren't even into the most difficult part of the season yet. Like I said, there's a lot of factors that could turn the tide. Two losses and we are only 2 points behind. Injuries, fatigue, focusing on the CL etc. all are factors which could turn things around. It's not as easy to play a full strength team in the CL then play the same team in the PL only a few days later. The weather and physicality along with no break results in players getting knackered.

Like I said, I expect them to win - but I don't see it being as straightforward as you suggest.

The more I think about it the more I'm gutted about these past two games and I haven't even followed them (just looked at the score at FT)

I have no doubt they'll drop points eventually but let's be honest the title is done
How? Still 24 games to play. People say it's done because IMO we still don't trust that our team can win the next two important games but if we win it will be only 5 points gap with 22 remaining games, it's all about if we win at the Emirates and win the most important derby in years IMO, Jose must must be up for it abd the players really need to show character and determination.

No reason to get any dolls out, I didn't think we'd win the title before the season even started. To simply use other seasons as a way to determine how the season goes isn't right though. For example, City over the past few games have started looking leggy and we aren't even into the most difficult part of the season yet. Like I said, there's a lot of factors that could turn the tide. Two losses and we are only 2 points behind. Injuries, fatigue, focusing on the CL etc. all are factors which could turn things around.
I'm not telling you how they will get there, i'm just telling you where they will finish. And of course past seasons to determine what will happen in this one has meaning, afterall the end result has largely been the same throughout the seasons.

Point being, fail to beat arsenal and you'll have to hope for a miracle.

I'm not telling you how they will get there, i'm just telling you where they will finish. And of course past seasons to determine what will happen in this one has meaning, afterall the end result has largely been the same throughout the seasons.

Point being, fail to beat arsenal and you'll have to hope for a miracle.

Yes but not all seasons are linear. Chelsea last season did as well as they did mostly because they avoided major injuries to important players and were consistent throughout, not to add they didn't have Europe to focus on. This season there's nothing to suggest City will be able to keep influential players like KDB fit all season and they're playing in Europe which is already different to Chelsea.

I agree that they'll most likely win the title though and it's true that if we don't get a victory at Arsenal it's going to be even less likely. If there's one manager who could do it though it's probably Jose, so we'll have to wait and see.

It's so so important we don't focus too much on them. We thought they'd get six points from Huddersfield and Southampton the manner of them changes little. We need to keep gap close, beat them at old Trafford and see what happens in unpredictable Christmas spell. City look clear favourites but I hope we don't allow them to walk away with it. Closing it to 5 after derby would be great, that's a small lead considering they've won about 13 in a row.

It's the hope that kills you. I'm trying to help you guys here, as someone who's been on the wrong side of such a situation several times in recent years. Expect nothing from the league, never get your hopes up unless you actually manage to overtake them to first. Treat a 1 point gap as if it were 1000

It will hurt less. It might also be sweeter if the improbable happens. I wouldn't know :( (but my team was the one with the big lead that was ruined by injuries, too:()

(PS winning the CL makes it all go away :D)

The problem comes when these results are the outliers and the mean is a 4 - 0 drubbing of the opposition.
I know what you mean. They have had a good slice of fortune though - not that they didn’t earn it - in a few games starting with that Bournemouth game. One these tight games and make no mistake there will be a few, things may even out. Who knows? Just internet speculation. All we can do is get wins and see what happens. I actually think the Gunners’ game is in a way much more significant as it will give us a huge boost ahead of the derby. We’ll see.

It's ridiculous, this is like the third time this season.
I can't cope with the Barca fans preaching about Pep.
This is the shit that annoys me. They're happy to label PSG as plastic/petrol club/ruining football when they took Neymar, but then they happily jump on Abu Dhabi FC's dick...

We HAVE to beat Arsenal first to keep things some how reachable, losing to Arsenal or even a draw will make it a huge huge task it could be five points gab or fourteen.

Wait, people are worried about Arsenal game? The master tactician that is Wenger will probably screw things up from the team selection leaving Sanchez, Ozil and Lacazette on the bench and starting with Iwobi, Giroud and Elneny.

In the last 10 years or so I never gave Arsenal games a thought. We’ve got their number it will be a formality. I’m just pumped for City!

It's ridiculous, this is like the third time this season.
I can't cope with the Barca fans preaching about Pep.
One of them was wondering whether he was happy that Messi extended his contract or he'd have preferred to see him move to City under Pep. Once you see posts like that, nothing about them surprises you anymore.

One of them was wondering whether he was happy that Messi extended his contract or he'd have preferred to see him move to City under Pep. Once you see posts like that, nothing about them surprises you anymore.
I swear it's a fecking cult. It goes beyond just appreciation of a former manager.

:lol: Who is that? (Im assuming it's @FCBarca )

Status
Not open for further replies.