The Title Race 2017/18 | Done and dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our fans here will lose their minds if we finish 2nd or 3rd and will want Mourinho to get fired.
Before this season stared I said if he doesn't deliver major silverware, this season is a failure. Not saying he should be sacked if we end up with no trophies but that was my expectations of him and the expectations of many others on here prior to the beginning of the season. I don't like all the backtracking from many posters about their expectations.

No idea why but I think city will drop points tonight or versus Moyesy at weekend.

We may drop points v arsenal but if we can beat city and they find themselves just 5 points clear after a run like that with the toughest part of the season to come we might get a wobble

Some of our fans here will lose their minds if we finish 2nd or 3rd and will want Mourinho to get fired.

Maybe so. It's really not worth taking those people seriously, though. They are most likely children - their tantrums should be ignored.

All I'm hoping for is that by the time the derby ends, we should not find ourselves over 10 points behind city. There is always the possibility of a rough patch for city but if the gap is over 10, then it's a huge psychological impact, not to mention we might even end up looking behind our backs. That's surely one thing we don't want

City simply have to drop points at some point. They can’t be impeccable, it’s not possible. It might be tonight, or the weekend. Neither games are gimmies especially when you’re on a run like they are because it does have to come to a halt - contrary to popular belief.

That said, the title is looking insurmountable for United. City are simply an excellent side and it’s not a slight against United. Our PL record this season is actually impressive, regardless of whether you question their style or not. I know the doomsayers won’t agree (99.9% of the Caf) but Mourinho’s doing an excellent job. City are just a level above.

Before this season stared I said if he doesn't deliver major silverware, this season is a failure. Not saying he should be sacked if we end up with no trophies but that was my expectations of him and the expectations of many others on here prior to the beginning of the season. I don't like all the backtracking from many posters about their expectations.

Having expectations is fine but we can't do anything if City win the PL, I will be disappointed if they do win it but I am not going to say that Mourinho should be sacked because he has improved the team and deserves one more year after this season.

I think there's a lot of overreaction. The gap is only 5 points (perhaps 8 tonight). It will only take a few injuries and/or suspensions to derail the current momentum. Plus, we've had many games where we could have drawn. And as you've mentioned with Champions League, Pep has been fielding a strong team every game, and it seems he intends to win every single game.

The current narrative could have been completely different if not for one or two events. In saying all that, I think the derby will be a major contributor as to how things may end.
City seem to have a good depth this season, tbh. Maybe they are a bit short as CBs.

I wouldn't even get involved emotinally this year lads....it's over already they have too much of a gap over everyone including us

They're slowing down but still getting the results. Now we have to rely on fecking Moyes to pull off a miracle.

Once again, the feckers get fortunate. So fecking frustrating.
To be fair, they are fecking relentless when it comes to searching for a goal and make their own luck as a result. Whenever we were on top under SAF we got plenty of breaks too.

Looks like it’s up to us to play dirty at Old Trafford.

Valencia has had Sterling in his pocket whenever they met. So I hope he gives him a few kicks.

I think the question now is will City drop points at all this season rather than whether they will be the next invincibles.

It's ridiculous, this is like the third time this season.
I can't cope with the Barca fans preaching about Pep.

They're slowing down but still getting the results. Now we have to rely on fecking Moyes to pull off a miracle.

At home vs Southampton needed a goal in injury time of injury time. Their amazing form is coming to an end.

Yes, but we need them to drop points when they are not at their best, instead they are still grinding out results. Anyway next 2 games for us will decide if we get a title challenge this year or not

Its the hope that kills one and thats what happened today. Never expected Soton to take anything off them but then Soton actually turned up and city were crap but then again city scored. Been saying since the Bournemouth game, its their season. You can always sense it which team will win the league, its city.

The only positive I will take from today's game is City are not that great like some people have termed them. They look lost with all the sideways passing. Its their character that is making them win. Credit to them.

I'm not worried. I already expected them to win against Southampton and West Ham. Unfortunately we cannot control what City are doing. We just have to keep winning and make sure we win the derby. I'd give anything to win that.

I havent followed either of City's last two games other than checking the final score and FFS jammy buggers, fair play though sign of champions

To be fair, they are fecking relentless when it comes to searching for a goal and make their own luck as a result. Whenever we were on top under SAF we got plenty of breaks too.
Yeah, I was thinking about that in the last 10 mins of the game. Just seemed inevitable, the same as us under SAF. But that’s 2 games in a row now. I am thinking that law of averages should come into play at some stage.

City showing all the hall marks of champions at this stage, but nothing's changed since yesterday. Let's just see if we can beat Arsenal this weekend, and if we can, we still have a chance of making it something that resembles a title race the weekend after.

City showing all the hall marks of champions at this stage, but nothing's changed since yesterday. Let's just see if we can beat Arsenal this weekend, and if we can, we still have a chance of making it something that resembles a title race the weekend after.
I beg to differ, we are in fact one closer to them on goal difference now! :)

We absolutely need to win the derby. There is no reason to lose at home with the team we have now

The United-City derby is going to be the biggest game of the season.

If United can break the streak, ala Pizza-gate in 2004, it could open the title race up again and ask a major question of City.

It would be good to have a title race of four/five teams for a change!

Yeah, I was thinking about that in the last 10 mins of the game. Just seemed inevitable, the same as us under SAF. But that’s 2 games in a row now. I am thinking that law of averages should come into play at some stage.

The problem comes when these results are the outliers and the mean is a 4 - 0 drubbing of the opposition.

We absolutely need to win the derby. There is no reason to lose at home with the team we have now

We will probably have to play Herrera in midfield due to Matic being out. Without Matic's defensive cover Pogba is going to have to sit deeper and have less influence on the attack. Not going to be enjoyable

Big teams are pulling away rapidly. You literally cannot afford to drop points, such is the form of the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.