The Title Race 2017/18 | Done and dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the first time this season City are playing after us on a weekend? Always feels like we're under pressure every week to make up the points.

Is it the first time this season City are playing after us on a weekend? Always feels like we're under pressure every week to make up the points.

Nah, they played Everton after us earlier in the season. But, I think ever since they moved ahead of us, it does always feel like we're playing catch up (probably since they've won every game since the draw).

This win streak of there's is title deciding. The notion that the title isn't won in the first half of the season is complete bollocks, I'd say more often than not the key ground work is laid in the first half. Then it's just about keeping your bottle in the second half of the season to make sure you don't lose it.

That's what the last 3 title winners have done (Chelsea 14-15, 16-17 & Leicester)

This win streak of there's is title deciding. The notion that the title isn't won in the first half of the season is complete bollocks, I'd say more often than not the key ground work is laid in the first half. Then it's just about keeping your bottle in the second half of the season to make sure you don't lose it.

That's what the last 3 title winners have done (Chelsea 14-15, 16-17 & Leicester)

We are fully capable of doing the double on them.

As I mentioned elsewhere, City have been superb, but the quality of the teams outside the top 6 has gone down a notch this season. Bar 1 or 2 teams like Burnley, they have become fodder, and for a team like City with no obvious weaknesses, it translates to an incredible winning run.

Usually stubborn teams like Everton, Leicester and Southampton are just not as good as previous seasons. Credit to Guardiola of course, for buying well and implementing his vision, but unlike other teams like ours who still have personnel issues, it is a perfect scenario for City to go on a great run and makes them look just perfect.

City are playing well, no doubt, but have been rather fortunate at times, too. It's quite frustrating when you're the chasing team but that's football for you.

They weren't fortunate today: City dominated and Aguero had clear chances before Otamendi scored an OG just before the break. 1:0 for Huddersfield was a bit fortunate.

2 horses in this race now I feel. Chelsea will need something unbelievable on their part and a huge collapse by City to win it now.

Southamton will be a tricky fixture with City. Last season they drew both games and having to exert a lot of energy into this game who knows.

Nah. Just change it to top 4 race which is gonna be way more exciting. United Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea Spurs competing for three spots. Much rather be involved in that.

That's the spirit :lol:

I actually agree in as much as it's better for our mental and physical health if we do concentrate on that race. We'll drive ourselves mad and drown in bile if we keep whinging about City. They are the best in the country by some distance and the title is theirs to lose even at this relatively early stage of the season.

There's lots for us to enjoy and be fascinated by, if we can stop obsessing about City and Pep.

If Martial/Rashford are determined to get behind the defence as much as Sane/Sterling do, we would have had a title race.

The latter are hardworking, the former are lazy, disillusioned, indolent. Please close this thread until we reduce the deficit between them and us to between 3-5 points.

They weren't fortunate today: City dominated and Aguero had clear chances before Otamendi scored an OG just before the break. 1:0 for Huddersfield was a bit fortunate.
Their wastefulness from last season is starting to creep back in so it's difficult to just put it down to luck. They're starting to squander chances after dropping the Jesus and Aguero partnership.
It's a legit tactical concern for Pep.

Southampton and West Ham. Both at home I think so perfect fixtures.

We're away to Watford and Arsenal.
Jeez. That's another 6 points and we are definitely not getting 6 against Watford and Arsenal. 4 is the best we can hope for which means the gap will be at least 10 points going into the derby. Then we'll need to beat them just to get into the same position we are now which is 7 or 8 points behind. It's just too difficult to catch them.

Today wasn't the clearest example of their 'luck' but the manner of their winning goal today was certainly lucky. Throw in the Liverpool match (Liverpool should've been 0-2 up before Mané's red card), the Kompany non-red v Leicester, the Bournemouth winner in the 97th minute etc. The 'luck' I spoke about referenced the fortune they've found across the season to date.

Yeah dipped against them both.

Leicester - who had 2 shots none on target.
Huddersfield - who had 3 shots none on target. 20% possession.

Clearly the wheels have come off.

Grow up.
What's wrong with his post :confused:

Their wastefulness from last season is starting to creep back in so it's difficult to just put it down to luck. They're starting to squander chances after dropping the Jesus and Aguero partnership.
It's a legit tactical concern for Pep.
Yeah the tactic of subbing off Kompany and putting on Jesus up top was a seriously bad decision...

Yeah dipped against them both.

Leicester - who had 2 shots none on target.
Huddersfield - who had 3 shots none on target. 20% possession.

Clearly the wheels have come off.

Grow up.
Yeah, take it to the extreme huh?
OK you haven't dipped at all, you're exactly the same as when you were winning 5-0 every week, not relying on penalties or Leicester hitting the post to get you over the line.
Exactly the same.
I'm grown enough buddy, maybe you should get out more instead of trawling a Utd forum looking for slights after a win?
Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.