Gaming The SM RedCafe League

A 50 man squad cap should be imposed in the old league to combat player hogging.

Not much a fan of that idea mate. It's the only way some of us can compete against the big clubs. I have 14 players in my first team that are rated 88+. You for example have 17 ;)

The issue is clubs that have 30+ of players in that rating bracket.

Anyway, if you want to get players like that, then you have to buy them young and be patient.

Fine. 50/40 man squad limit for outfield players and as many GK's as you want.

That should satisfy your GK fetish.

Deadly!!!

Ya 40 is a hell of a lot of players, plenty to include starting XI, subs, fringe/cup players and long term youth

Not much a fan of that idea mate. It's the only way some of us can compete against the big clubs. I have 14 players in my first team that are rated 88+. You for example have 17 ;)

The issue is clubs that have 30+ of players in that rating bracket.

Anyway, if you want to get players like that, then you have to buy them young and be patient.

Yeah, I get that but I reckon 50 is a pretty big number that you should be able to get around while still keeping a good squad.

post-4783-0-15377100-1361616436.jpg

Its too late for squad limits now. On another note, can someone with better understanding of deadlines talk to Kagawazza about his Chelsea side in League II in regards to reducing it.

Yeah, I get that but I reckon 50 is a pretty big number that you should be able to get around while still keeping a good squad.

It's really not though. It takes about a year for a normal player to make 1/2m profit (as the rating system takes forever and they've become far less kind). If you broke your squad down - 15 = First Team, 10 = Cup Squad. Then you have 25 risers allocated in your Squad. So that's a max of 50m profit in one years of SM play.

The big boys make about 600k more than I do per game (due to stadium revenues etc). 2 and half seasons of SM in 1 full year. So call that 90 games (just League games) and they're already on 54m from league games alone. The problem isn't hoarding players, it's that only a few people bother to have the patience to do it. Most of my squad I've bought when they were rated 75-80.

You're Blackburn in League 2. When I was in League 2, my wages was about 600k, yours are on 700k+. You have a larger first team than I do and i'm top of League 1 ffs. Stop moaning. :lol:

Also, do not take any of the above advice. I don't want any more competition for risers. Ty, bye. xoxo

Last edited:
Meh, I got Blackburn with about 4 games left last season and I signed any decent player available to try and beat off relegation which didn't happen. which explains my wage bill. By the time I get promoted it will probably be the smallest squad and one of the smallest wage bills in the division.

That depends if you're counting a squad as First Team, or the entire squad. I could accuse you of hoarding top rated players (as you have more than I do). I'm playing the patient long term game, knowing that it will take several SM Seasons before I actually see any benefits (this is Season 3 of my long term project now). The point is that you could sell 2/3 of your players. Get 20m odd and with that you could buy 30 odd youngsters with a view of playing the long term game. It's not even like there are players unavailable, when I bought Firmino (88 rated) he had been available for several weeks. There are still a fair number of good quality youngsters available, it's just doing the research and finding them.

I have come to the conclusion that it's all Varuns fault.

Last edited:
Oh and needless to say, no squad limits for me as well. I have too many players atm and just cant be arsed looking up their stats to decide who to keep and sell. Even when I do, I'l have too much cash to not buy again. Transfers are where its at in this game :drool:. The match engine is daft anyways.

That depends if you're counting a squad as First Team, or the entire squad. I could accuse you of hoarding top rated players (as you have more than I do). I'm playing the patient long term game, knowing that it will take several SM Seasons before I actually see any benefits (this is Season 3 of my long term project now). The point is that you could sell 2/3 of your players. Get 20m odd and with that you could buy 30 odd youngsters with a view of playing the long term game. It's not even like there are players unavailable, when I bought Firmino (88 rated) he had been available for several weeks. There are still a fair number of good quality youngsters available, it's just doing the research and finding them.

I have come to the conclusion that it's all Varuns fault.

:eek: How did you get to that conclusion ? :lol:

In any case, with the squad I have, quite a few of the ones I have are long term buys. They'l take 2-3 seasons in real life to get to a good level meaning I cant get rid anyways.

I must sit down and do the selling before I join work though. Not looking forward to it.

You think he has a chance of getting a few appearances next season? Or still stuck at Barca B?

I could see it in Copa Del Rey but unlikely nothing beyond that in the coming season, IMHO. Don't forget the 18 year old was only officially promoted to the B team right at the end of the Juvenil A season & the UEFA U19 Final. Traore & Dongou are probably ahead of him in the pecking order from the B team but Munir does offer something more, a prototypical #9 in many ways

I still think he's slightly behind Sanabria in terms of overall skill & development but nevertheless he's scoring goals in all competitions. Has a lovely left foot not unlike Sanabria, I watched him live at the UEFA U19 semifinals practising freekicks & penalties before the match and he's got terrific technique

Its too late for squad limits now. On another note, can someone with better understanding of deadlines talk to Kagawazza about his Chelsea side in League II in regards to reducing it.

Aye, it's something that should have been done in the first three seasons. Now the damage is done. Arsenal's numbers are ridiculous though.

Aye, it's something that should have been done in the first three seasons. Now the damage is done. Arsenal's numbers are ridiculous though.

Yep. I've ended up losing a lot of interest in this so had no idea I had 81 players. Now, it'l a proper couple of hours work to sort the ones I need to sell and just cant be arsed :p

Yep. I've ended up losing a lot of interest in this so had no idea I had 81 players. Now, it'l a proper couple of hours work to sort the ones I need to sell and just cant be arsed :p

If you sold the 21 years or older players on loan you'd get rid of 14 instantly and amass probably about 30m.

Or you could sell all of your risers, amass about 200m transfer kitty and go shopping... :lol:

:eek: How did you get to that conclusion ? :lol:

No idea. Thought I'd pick a random name and went with you!

Whats sickening is despite my large squad. My combined squad value is the same as the players you have that aren't on loan (discounting the 50 odd players you have on loan!!!) :(

@RedSky The 200mil option is appealing though I'd probably end up with 50 risers again in all probability :lol:

And your squad value is rising by 25mil odd every year right? You'l catch up soon specially given how strongly you're doing it now compared to the rest who dont really seem up for it now.

I must trim the squad though, there are plenty of players there I bought just to make money without any plan to keep them long term. Will sit and do it sometime soon when I can be arsed:p