21 Onmyogi
22 Schindler’s List
23 Platoon
24 Henry V (Brannagh)
25 The Beautiful Country
26 Scarface
27 The Outlaw Josey Wales
28 Top Secret
29 Star Wars (Episode IV : A New Hope for you gayers)
30 Quiz Show

31 Das Experiment
32 Seven Samurai
33 Jaws
34 The Machinist
35 A Clockwork Orange
36 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
37 The Bicycle Thief
38 Blade Runner
39 Nine Queens
40 Casablanca

41 Man on Fire
42 Jacob’s Ladder
43 The Audition
44 Mean Streets
45 Run Lola, Run
46 American Beauty
47 Citizen Kane
48 2001: A Space Odyssey
49 The Great Escape
50 Groundhog Day

51 The Last Temptation of Christ
52 Gladiator
53 Ong Bak
54 Crash
55 Lagaan
56 Taboo
57 True Romance
58 Silence of the Lambs
59 Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
60 Maria, Full of Grace

61 Fargo
62 Pulp Fiction
63 Delicatessen
64 American History X
65 Dog Day Afternoon
66 He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
67 Trading Places
68 Jarhead
69 Stalingrad
70 Sanjuro

71 On the Waterfront
72 The Third Man
73 The Untouchables
74 Flatliners
75 Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
76 Serpico
77 Wings of Desire
78 When We Were Kings
79 The Last Samurai
80 Total Recall

81 Reservoir Dogs
82 Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail
83 Fight Club
84 Donnie Brasco
85 La Dolce Vita
86 La Femme Nikita
87 Full Metal Jacket
88 Return of the Jedi
89 Strange Days
90 Snatch

91 A Fistful of Dollars
92 Bon Cop, Bad Cop
93 Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
94 The Deer Hunter
95 The Matrix
96 Terminator 2
97 Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
98 Out of Time
99 Dazed and Confused
100 Edward Scissorhands

:wenger:

Excellent list PS - good to see Quai des Brumes so high...I'm sure I forgot to include that on mine - shame on me! Similar titles as mine there too, although I think you have yours a bit more accurately rated tha I did...rather let my heart rule my head on a few, but nevermind.
Le Quai des Brumes would have been no 1 ('Tu as des beaux yeux tu sais' - Try it on the nearest French girl lads.) once but when I watched it again it didn't quite have the same magic - I rarely like watching things twice they always seem diminished on second viewing. I think mine was mostly heart over head to be honest.

Forgot to mention Ravenous, awesome flick on cannibalism with Guy Pearce and Robert Carlyle.
Cool music,too.

99 Dazed and Confused

I'm impressed Dwayne, great shout, I think you're the only other one to put that in other than me.

Watched Ichi tonight for the first time, what an insane film, fecking loved it and if I could be arsed I would put it in my list, but that seems like far too much hassle to me.

feck, that was easy

1 The Godfather
2 Ran
3 Godfather 2
4 In the Mood for Love
5 Sunset Boulevard
6 Kaidan
7 A Streetcar Named Desire
8 Casablanca
9 Solyaris(Tarkovsky)
10 Seven Samurai
11 Das Boot
12 The Empire Strikes Back
13 Raise the Red Lantern
14 Apocalypse Now
15 On the Waterfront
16 Raging Bull
17 Amelie
18 Some Like it Hot
19 Blade Runner
20 City Lights
21 Les Enfants Du Paradis
22 Manchurian Candidate
23 To Kill a Mockingbird
24 The Deer Hunter
25 Trois couleurs (Colours Trilogy)
26 Rosemary's Baby
27 Spirited Away
28 Throne of Blood
29 Dial M for Murder
30 The Apartment
31 Hiroshima mon amour
32 Taxi Driver
33 King Kong (1933)
34 Mullholland Drive
35 Infernal Affairs
36 Memento
37 Hidden Fortress
38 Modern Times
39 Duck Soup
40 Jacob's Ladder
41 39 Steps
42 Ichi the Killer
43 A Clockwork Orange
44 Seventh Seal
45 Toy Story
46 Scarface
47 Raiders of the Lost Ark
48 2001: A Space Odyssey
49 Yojimbo
50 Woman in the Dunes
51 Rebecca
52 Double Indemnity
53 Farewell, My Concubine
54 The Good, the Bad, the Ugly
55 Alien
56 La Haine
57 Blue Velvet
58 Dr Strangelove
59 Once Upon a Time in the West
60 Wizard of Oz
61 Maltese Falcon
62 Les Diaboliques
63 Jaws
64 Citizen Kane
65 Life of Brian
66 Terminator 2
67 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
68 Dog Day Afternoon
69 The Jungle Book
70 Rear Window
71 Fallen Angels
72 Dolls
73 Terminator
74 Exorcist
75 Zerkalo (The Mirror)
76 Cool Hand Luke
77 Sanjuro
78 Snow White
79 Being John Malkovich
80 12 Angry Men
81 Platoon
82 Visitor Q
83 Rocky
84 The Audition
85 La belle et la bête
86 Notorious
87 Lost in Translation
88 My Sassy Girl
89 Persona
90 The Sting
91 Y tu mama tambien
92 Breathless
93 Planet of the Apes
94 Goodbye Lenin
95 Chinatown
96 O Brother, Where Art Thou?
97 The Hustler
99 The Third Man
100 Barton Fink

Oh bollocks, only posted 24 hours ago and I can see at least three omissions already.

Right then Spoons, I just ordered 'Ran' off of Amazon, purely on the basis that it made number 2 on your list.

Better be good

No, I know I should though. Seven Samurai's the one everyone goes on about ain't it. I figured it's time to see what all the fuss is about finally.

Looking forward to it, the reviews on Amazon were quite impressive also

No, I know I should though. Seven Samurai's the one everyone goes on about ain't it. I figured it's time to see what all the fuss is about finally.

Looking forward to it, the reviews on Amazon were quite impressive also

See, I'm not sure which order you should watch them in. That said, I didn't exactly watch his films in chronological order, so go for it. It really is a visually stunning film. In fact it left me speechless. Right up there amongst the best in that department. . . And the 3hrs didn't half go quickly, it didn't drag at all at any stage.

I'll let you know what I think. Just got a shit-hot new surround sound home theatre thingy for christmas too, should be good.....

I see not many of you guys rate Citizen Kane so highly? Now, I've never seen it, and I'm certainly no movie buff, but isn't it meant to be, like, Officially, ''The Greatest Movie Ever Made''?

I'll let you know what I think. Just got a shit-hot new surround sound home theatre thingy for christmas too, should be good.....

I see not many of you guys rate Citizen Kane so highly? Now, I've never seen it, and I'm certainly no movie buff, but isn't it meant to be, like, Officially, ''The Greatest Movie Ever Made''?

It's a great movie and it should probably be higher up on our lists. But these lists are much tougher to draw up than you think.

Bollocks to listing colours trilogy as one entry. They were three separate movies.
I did them as one. Plus Godfather 1 & 2 as one and Fistful as one. Could have done Days of Being Wild, In the Mood for Love and 2046 as a trilogy too.

I think Carlitos Way deserves to be on my list.

You are right Spoons. Very difficult to do these lists. I could start again from scratch and come up with something quite different, Im sure.

It's a great movie and it should probably be higher up on our lists. But these lists are much tougher to draw up than you think.

You're not wrong, and now I have to do an album one now.

It's all your fault Spooney.

Right then Spoons, I just ordered 'Ran' off of Amazon, purely on the basis that it made number 2 on your list.

Better be good

Ran is a great film, so I don't think you'll be disappointed. It has some brilliant shots, right from the opening scene to the final one.

After watching A fistful of Dollars I've realised that there is a distinct lack of spaghetti westerns in your top 100 lists.

This has gone tits up.

No one has stuck to deadlines.

People have tried to sneak in more movies by including trilogies.

Where's mehro?

So we're still waiting for Cinc's, Ole's, Wibbs' and Ivor's list. Anyone else??

Oh and Simon, can you edit your list and put Les Diaboliques in brackets besides The Devils(unless I've got he wrong film)

It is school hilidays and I work for myslef so guess who gets the short straw? Erm ... I mean valuable quality time with my offspring.

I'll try to finalise it ASAP.

As Spoony said it probably should be higher up, but I think the story itself is cack, even if the cinematography is at times beyond impressive.

I have to start looking for a position for my thesis as well. I am arsing about as usual though.

I have to defend my thesis by March 21st. With the job hunt going on I really don't have time to write it. I might ban myself form this place.