Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | [...] are NBA Champions! | Basketball GM

How did Dan get into the hall of fame

It's a conspiracy.

uPWqEK4.gif

2014 Draft and Free Agency
2014 Draft and Free Agency

Draft

First round: @V.O. @Salt Bailly

hjORSMV.png
Ui73TFe.png

WPvvEAq.png

Second Round: @Dan

EmyGepx.png

fIwKdOp.png

Free Agency

@altodevil has re-signed with the Los Angeles Lakers for $14.63M/yr through 2019 (when he'll be 40)
@hobbers has re-signed with the Boston Celtics for ($17.95M/yr through 2019 (him too!)
@Samid has left the tragic Charlotte Bobcats and chosen to sign with the Minnesota Timberwolves for $1.49M/yr through 2016 - putting him joint 5th for most different teams in NBA history at 10.

Trades @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @reelworld @hobbers @Stobzilla @The Cat @BenitoSTARR @Skizzo

We've got a lot of trades, so hold on to your hats or whatever.

P-Nut didn't get to enjoy the thought of being in Sacramento with rookie Pepper Bailly, as he's immediately sentenced to go hang out with reelworld II in Milwaukee.
YO7oRZp.png

v3K8uWt.png

The Raptors signing another FC to hang out with Two Nil. One pick isn't a lot.
Kkj4JaU.png

The Spurs have been busy. Nobbers can decide for himself if it was good busy or bad busy. The first one at least seems like a good deal for Salt Bailly's Pistons.
ActyW8r.png

bE01hLp.png

ZCA7dLx.png

5DWnvg1.png

Boston still has Anthony Davis and John Henson (and more!) at Center, so this seems like a crazy good deal. Acie Law plays in the same position as hobbers and Skizzo, but we're talking about players about to turn 36 and 33 respectively.
sfHLKrh.png

Seems like a win-win for the Thunder (The Cub) and the Kings (Pepper Bailly) - at least in the short term.
Qjtmwex.png

TI4Ooa8.png

I think this is the Knicks future-proofing a bit. They do have Stobzilla II in the Center position, so this might not hurt his and BenitoSTARR's chances of being good.
7q6BsZU.png

Up Next: Season Preview for 2014/2015

Damn, managed to walk straight onto a playoff quality team with the first pick? That's a hell of a lot more luck than er, big V.O. ever had.

Also, godspeed to @Dan with his build of being an all time great at scoring without actually knowing what a basketball is. :lol:

Lakers dynasty over, time to pad stats and chill.

Once I retire, sontodevil will be a Laker.

Thinking one last season then introduce my son while I play one more with him in the league.

feck me a -6 drop. I’ll get to work producing a son.

Hobbers was 72,89 when he was 19. Apple doesn’t fall far

Nobbers gonna nobble Kevin durant

14/15 Season Preview - East
14/15 Season Preview East

@hobbers @Skizzo @sebsheep @Dr. Dwayne @Salt Bailly @oneniltothearsenal @BenitoSTARR @Stobzilla @P-Nut @reelworld

This time I'm only including the squad down to 55 rating.

SebJr - Miami Heat (46-36, 1st Round)
OzaSCx8.png

PH1yQ7v.png

Improvements for both SebJr himself and the Heat. They did quite well this year, so so logically you would expect them to do even better this year. It's a deep, young squad, so it might not be such a bad idea for SebJr to stay in Miami after his contract expires.

BenitoSTARR & Stobzilla II - New York Knicks (51-31, 1st Round)
XerU9AI.png

tf7wb1S.png

qiz5y1g.png

Decline has truly come to New York. It's even taken Stobzilla II, who isn't even old. The Knicks have been up and down for a few years, but this is definitely going to be a down season. I'd be shocked if they can make the playoffs, even though BenitoSTARR is still quite good. Behind the two Cafites there's practically nothing.

hobbers & Skizzo - Boston Celtics (69-13, Runners-up)
s1YDc1K.png

jizenOk.png

nKVSnHp.png

hobbers has the slowest decline in the game. He's just gone down to 78 in rating, and he's turned 36. At this rate he'll be in the "superstar" category for another couple of seasons, and then in the "good player" category for a few more after that - if he doesn't retire. Skizzo, on the other hand, has well and truly left that category behind.

Salt Bailly - Detroit Pistons (24-58)
LP5xSjB.png

hiXmlnd.png

Salt Bailly is 37 years old. That's practically one foot in the grave. His ratings have acted accordingly, though he's still a serviceable player. His son is the future, but he's in the other conference.

Dr. Dwayne - Cleveland Cavaliers (48-34, 2nd Round)
0XFLaTT.png

HxFE9aA.png

Dr. Dwayne is our second 37-year old, and he too is feeling it in his bones. Most of the decline over the years has been physical, however, so he's still got the skills to make something happen for his Cavaliers.

Two Nil - Toronto Raptors (39-43)
95a9dIX.png

JYFgDpN.png

Two Nil didn't have such a great start to the season, getting immediately sidelined for a few weeks. His Raptors only have pretty good players, but they've got a lot of them. Some of them are quite young as well, like Two Nil himself.

reelworld II & P-Nut - Milwaukee Bucks (37-45)
XJzrEyT.png

8PlNilN.png

TfCzEPZ.png

When you look at the top 3-4 players on the Bucks, you wonder why they aren't tipped to do better. The squad has the depth of a puddle, however. In fact, even if I had kept including players down to 50 overall rating, the screenshot would be no larger. The 6th best player on the team is a healthy 47 rating, and he's getting solid minutes. He also has a PER of -19.6. reelworld II and P-Nut are great players, who had great seasons last year, so now you know why you won't see them in the playoffs.

Skizzo well into team mascot territory.

Feels like the powerbase from east to west has definitely shifted.

Now hobbers gifted AD in his prime. Unreal. God's truly favour hobbers and he still can't win.

Now hobbers gifted AD in his prime. Unreal. God's truly favour hobbers and he still can't win.
I’m not saying he’s shit or anything but…. How can you be that high rated, with that good a team and not even come close…. Just doesn’t have the mentality to win.

Not like @altodevil she’s a terrific player.

If Nobbers manages to avoid Charlotte I expect him to win about 10 playoff titles.

14/15 Season Preview - West
14/15 Season Preview West

@V.O. @Solius @altodevil @weetee @Samid @Dan @hobbers @Salt Bailly @The Cat

Lil' V.O. - Houston Rockets (50-32, 1st Round)
ITbtQHG.png

neLiLgq.png

Lil' V.O. has similar features to his father, though perhaps not quite the same frame. As many others have in their first year, he's gone slightly back in skills and slightly forward in endurance and IQ. He's also jumped straight into a pretty good team, who just got even better. I don't think they're winning the league yet, but he'll almost certainly see the playoffs in his rookie year.

altodevil - Los Angeles Lakers (54-28, Conference Finals)
jUN3OgV.png

l8uF2H7.png

Father time is relentless, and he's still coming for 36-year old altodevil. And also most of the rest of the Lakers. I've called the end of 1-seed Lakers for a while now, but this time I'm certain. The West is getting stronger, and the Lakers are just too old now. They're not bad though, so playoffs are definitely likely.

Pepper Bailly - Sacramento Kings (28-54)
vd98ztW.png

rm5YJKW.png

Pepper Bailly has immediately become the best player on his first team, the Kings. You wouldn't think they had particularly good chances at making the playoffs, but crazier things have happened.

The Cub - Oklahoma City Thunder (22-60)
qMTQC4y.png

SRNmm7D.png

Here's the thing. Oklahoma City is bad. The Cub? Well he's good. But his team is bad. Is he good enough to drag them into the playoffs? I wouldn't bet on it, but our man has quietly been one of the best players in the league for a couple of seasons now.

sontodevil & Solius - Memphis Grizzlies (38-44)
x8fSxHf.png

SNzu4fj.png

1j0gHlX.png

Solius is still a very good player, but the end is probably in sight. Most of the decline was physical, so he should still be able to put up great scoring and assists numbers, but his lack of speed and jumping might make him a defensive liability. So it's lucky for him that he's got sontodevil on his team. I expected the duo to be better last year, but maybe this is the year?

Nobbers - San Antonio Spurs (45-37, 1st Round)
BpRYvqn.png

boYy6iL.png

Nobbers took a formidable leap over the summer, and he can now comfortably be called a superstar. The West is strong this year, so he'll need to continue the great form he engendered in his Spurs at the end of last season, if they're to make a mark this year.

Dan II - Phoenix Suns (24-58)
w8HFOKE.png

dALT6TB.png

Oh Dan II, bless your little heart. If you're a big Dan-fan and you're excited about following the exploits of his son, let me save you the trouble. He'll play almost no basketball. Yet.

weetee & Samid - Minnesota Timberwolves (44-38)
9lVAj91.png

XHvwskj.png

xE4bQhq.png

weetee and Samid have a combined age of 74, and a combined jumping rating of 16. Samid in particular has now reached the point where he'll get almost no playing time, despite still being perfectly able to score some points when he does play. Both him and weetee took a large step backwards over the summer.

Pepper Bailly - Sacramento Kings
Pepper Bailly has immediately become the best player on his first team, the Kings. You wouldn't think they had particularly good chances at making the playoffs, but crazier things have happened.
That's just the way we roll in the Bailly household.

I might bet a dollar on Boston this year.
weetee and Samid have a combined age of 74, and a combined jumping rating of 16. Samid in particular has now reached the point where he'll get almost no playing time, despite still being perfectly able to score some points when he does play. Both him and weetee took a large step backwards over the summer.
Still starting five. Love it.

14/15 25-Game Update
14/15 25-Game Update

(@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee)

Trades for days!

weetee (Timberwolves > Thunder), Samid (Timberwolves), The Cub (Thunder) - Why be part of a 12 win team when you can be part of a 5 win team? That must be what weetee is thinking right now, desperately trying to justify the path his career has taken.
DmKqAQe.png

Samid (Timberwolves), Solius & sontodevil (Grizzlies) - Why have Sean Williams when you can have a younger Khris Middleton? Khris Middleton could turn into anything - even another Sean Williams.
v9Slz4u.png

Two Nil (Raptors) - seems fair?
xcOJgBc.png

Nobbers (Spurs) This is not the Spurs trying to get back into the playoffs, but that might honestly be a good thing for Nobbers. Build for the future.
nWfalfz.png

SebJr (Heat) - this seems like a great trade for Miami
bjJoByt.png

altodevil (Lakers) - the dynasty is officially dead
bQzFcgD.png

Standings

Cafites perfectly spread about the league. Interestingly, in the West fully 4 out of 5 Cafites who are in playoff spots are 19 or younger. In the East 4 out of 6 are 33 or older, and even the two younger players are 24 and 26.

i9okaK9.png

UHK6ue4.png

Look at alto bottom half. Meanwhile I'm feeding off his son's youthful vigour to keep me alive.

They traded Nene. Jesus christ. Just let the guy play out his contract. I'm fuming.

I found a new GOAT formula someone had created specifically for the game, and suddenly we've got Cafites in #1, #2, #3, #4, #17, #41, #54, #66, #67 and #94.

weetee is the 94th best player of all time.

((champ *2 + finalsMvp *3 + mvp *3 + dpoy *3 + smoy + mip + roy /2) /10) + ((allLeague1 *0.8 + allLeague2 *0.65 + allLeague3 *0.5) + (allDefensive1 *0.8 + allDefensive2 *0.65 + allDefensive3 *0.5)) + (allStar /10 + allStarMvp + allRookie /0.5 + numSeasons /10 + (gp /1000 + gs /1000)) + ((per /20 + perPlayoffs /20 + ewa /100 + ewaPeak /10 + ewaPlayoffs /10) + ((ortg - drtg) /10) + ((ortgPlayoffs - drtgPlayoffs) /10) + (vorp /100 + vorpPeak /10 + vorpPlayoffs /100) + ((obpm + dbpm) /10) + ((obpmPlayoffs + dbpmPlayoffs) /10) + ((obpmPeak + dbpmPeak) /10) + (pm /10000 + pmPlayoffs /1000)) - (((tpa - tp) /10000) + ((tpaPlayoffs - tpPlayoffs) /10000) + ((fga - fg) /10000) + ((fgaPlayoffs - fgPlayoffs) /10000)) + ((ptsPeak + astPeak + (orbPeak + drbPeak) + stlPeak + blkPeak) /1000)

Top-4?? Is that only counting 1996 onwards? What about Kareem and Wilt? I'm assuming MJ was hampered by us starting.