Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Kiss Me Stupid(underrated Dean Martin movie)
One, Two, Three
Witness for the Prosecution
Seven Year Itch

Yeah, I'd go with these, and include The Fortune Cookie - mainly because it has the added bonus of starring Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau - and Stalag 17, one of the great under-rated P.O.W films.

just finished watching American Beauty for an assignment (explore it as a examination of suburban life if anyone wants to help :)) forgot how much I enjoyed it the first time around. It may be overly sentimental in parts but overall its a good feel good movie.

Also watched blue velvet (same assignment) this was my first exposure to lynch except for snippets of twin peaks and I enjoyed it much more than I was expecting to and Dennis hopper is absolutely amazing in it.

As for Wilder, one of the best directors, ever? surely?? Some Like it Hot, Sunset Boulevard, Double Indemnity, The Apartment all great films. I'll have to check out Ace in the Hole. Any others by him I should see?

I have to agree....Wilder is amongst the cream of the crop as far as directors go. I've seen Some Like It Hot, Sunset Blvd, Double Indemnity, Ace in the Hole, and Witness for the Prosecution so far. They were all excellent films.

I have to agree....Wilder is amongst the cream of the crop as far as directors go. I've seen Some Like It Hot, Sunset Blvd, Double Indemnity, Ace in the Hole, and Witness for the Prosecution so far. They were all excellent films.

I didn't know they were all directed by Wilder till yesterday.

Watched City Lights and Safety Last yesterday, enjoyed them both, immensely. . . Chaplin and Harold Lloyd were both genius' in their own way. Most of you have probably seen City Lights, but I'd recommend Safety Last to anyone, I think Harold Lloyd did his own stunts, some absolutely crazy ones. I saw The Freshman a couple of days ago, by the same person, and even though it was a decent watch, it wasn't a patch on Safety Last.

Drawing up another list(this way I can keep tabs):

Modern Times(loved City Lights)
Touch of Evil
Les Diaboliques
Out of the Past
African Queen
White Heat
Stalag 17
Witness for the Prosecution
One, Two, Three
Ace in the Hole(last 4 all Wilder)

(will add some more later)

You can't seriously be hinting that Die Hard 4.0 was better than any of the Bourne films

Of course I was.

Die Hard 4 did exactly what it meant to do. Have Bruce rampage about as stuff blew up before winning against the odds and killing the bad guy.

The Bourne films try to be action thrillers with a plot but fail to even deliver the "designed for film" plot contained in the books. If they had the films might have been half decent. But they were largely incoherent.

No i'm not actually a huge reader, more into Film and TV, which means that anything i read must have been very highly reccomended and if i stuck through it then it must have been decent.

Not sure I can recommend you anything that you've not already seen. Safety Last! was very good, you may not have seen it, then again that's not possible. Save the Green Planet(korean) will interest you.