Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

richardson.jpg

DOOM

Stars: "The Rock", some other cnuts

Supposedly based on on the computer game "doom" in which you go about shooting up increasingly silly looking aliens, but in actual fact bearing no resemblance to that whatsoever. A team of soldiers are sent to investigate strange goings on at an experimentation lab on Mars (I think). Gradually, they all die/kill each other/get eaten, and there is much rejoicing.
Potentially interesting "is it wrong killing innocent people in order to protect others" issue ruined somewhat, due to being entangled with fight between hero, and super evil psychopath wrestler man.

Decent enough watch all in all. Couple of moments made me laugh ("what the hell is this?" in response to finding half dead monster welded into wall), though I'm not sure they were supposed to

6/10

Reign Over Me - Good movie except for Saffron Burrow's character. As gorgeous as she is her attraction towards Sandler was very weird and really came out of nowhere. And Adam Sandler is annoying in these i-am-so-dumb roles.

Reign Over Me - Good movie except for Saffron Burrow's character. As gorgeous as she is her attraction towards Sandler was very weird and really came out of nowhere. And Adam Sandler is annoying in these i-am-so-dumb roles.
That was a quality movie and Burrows character was great. And yes her attraction to Sadler in the end was botched up by the director, should have been more towards it in the movie. I thought this was the only good performance by Sadler.

You've just got no taste. But I attribute that to the fact you're only young.

Which is why you're not on the panel. You would've spazzed up the top 100.

In December, Salvo. I'm dedicating the whole month to films and games. . . as opposed to sex and drugs.

I'm really cool.

I thought the background score in In the Mood For Love was brilliant. In fact it was one of the things that made the movie so good for me.

12 Angry Men should really make those lists. The best movie from about that era that I've seen

Watch it while stoned and confirm if it takes it to another level, just as an additional exercise

I don't smoke anymore, Salvo. Drugs are for losers.

I thought the background score in In the Mood For Love was brilliant. In fact it was one of the things that made the movie so good for me.

Fantastic score. He's definitely got a pattern to his films, though. Oh and the cinematography was the best I'd ever seen.

What if you focused on films and games about sex and drugs? That'd make you kind of cool.

I can't wait to play the new GTA.

I drink lots of cappuccino, though. In fact I've perfected the art. . . I can get a really good foam on the milk, barista style.

I'm still cool.

I am going to watch Rashmore tonight after mehro's recommendation.

And later on Godfather 2, which I will be watching after 4 years or so.

I have yet to seen 12 angry men due to the fact I saw the Hindi remake of it and now can't be arsed to watch the original.

I have yet to seen 12 angry men due to the fact I saw the Hindi remake of it and now can't be arsed to watch the original.

:lol: Didn't you miss out on Oldboy for the same reason?

I downloaded Casablanca today.

Yet to see that and Gone with the Wind. It's been kept around here

I downloaded saw Toy Story again today after another thread made me nostalgic. Still just as lovely

Yup, haven't seen it for the fecking length myself

Two is definitely better, still, forgot most of what one was about. Hence...

I'm off to improve my memory and relate them scenes to make my tedious ever movie watching hours. Will report later...