Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Just watched:

House of Wax - Typical Horror flick, for pure entertainment value. O.K.
Flags of our fathers - For war movie buffs. O.K.
Letters from Iwo Jima - Touching. Good.

I love war movies. Watched Iwo Jima last night, very good. Takes a while to warm up.

Also watched Disturbia last night. Very enjoyable. David Morse is underated IMHO. Also got that chick out of the Matrix, Carrie-Ann Moss. Hot. 7/10

In my defence, I thought Saving Pravate Ryan was hilarious

Movies that I have in store currently:

A Bout De Souffle
Lives of Others
Tsotsi

Seen any, El Grande?

Saving Private Ryan was indeed hilarious. Loved the robotic German soldiers who kept on coming out of the bunking, only to get shot. You'd think they'd realise that it's not safe. Almost like a video game. Space Invaders.

Lives of Others is brilliant. Loved the female lead. Not seen the others, yet, Salvatore.

Das Boot was awesome. Tv series "Band Of Brothers" was good. Thin Red Line was not bad. Platoon was good.

The family wants to go out and watch either Aag or some Shah rukh Khan hockey film.

I'll just pretend to be sick or something. I really find it impossible to sit through melodramatic Bollywood films for three hours plus.

Knocked Up - Not very funny for a comedy but OK if you have nothing better to do. 5/10

Blades Of Glory - Another typically lazy single joke effort from Will Ferrel. Not as bad a talladega Nights though. The again what is? 3/10

Number 23 - Hard to say since I fell asleep in the titles and then again 5 minutes in the next night. Probably boring. 2/10

I also saw some black and white French film abot some bloke who met a women as they both attempted to kill themselves by jumping off a bridge. She may have turned out to be an angel or something later on but I camn't be sure because I had lost the will to live by that point. 2/10

Disturbia: Competent but run of the mill thriller. Ho Hum. 6/10

The Night Stalker: Another run of the Mill predicatble thriller made just about bearable by the presence of Robin Williams and Toni Collett. Just about. 5/10

No I watched all of Knocked Up, Blades of Glory, Disturbia and The Night Stalker. Obviously not on the same night as each other.

I quit of the french film about half way through I think but the Number 23 was an utter failure. i tried twice and didn't stay awake long enough to even find out what was going on. My wife made half way through the first time and then refused to watch it when I tried again on that basis that it was "utter crap".

The quality of TV has far surpassed film in the main. Which is very sad indeed.

Looking forward to seeing Disturbia, also gotta check out Haloween. Was the original any good and how does the remake fare up to it?

Can't wait for Daywatch and Resident Evil 3 too, Nightwatch was quality.

Maybe it's time we did that Top 100 list to bring this thread back to life.

What say you, El Grande Burrito?

Also, Last King of Scotland - Good movie

In the Mood for love, Tesis and Seconds came in the mail yesterday. Hope I get enough time to watch at least 2 of them this weekend.

Last King was alright; i read the reviews before hand and my expectations were far too high. I agree though above that about 90% of the movie was about that pasty looking Scot.

Some scenes were weird though; especially the part about where he spins the globe to see where he'd be working after he's graduated. Agreed though that bird was way fit.

Just watched City of God. Thought it was excellent.

Last King had a rubbish story with good performances

Ran - brilliantly made. Cliched storyline

It's one of the best films ever made, Salvatore. You would've loved it more had story turned out to be a dream sequence or something daft, at the end.

Maybe it's time we did that Top 100 list to bring this thread back to life.

What say you, El Grande Burrito?

Also, Last King of Scotland - Good movie

In the Mood for love, Tesis and Seconds came in the mail yesterday. Hope I get enough time to watch at least 2 of them this weekend.

It's one of the best films ever made, Salvatore. You would've loved it more had story turned out to be a dream sequence or something daft, at the end.

When did I deny it not being made brilliantly? The plot is exactly the same as King Lear's, except for the daughter/son change

Mehro, do you actually have 100 films that you liked? I'd struggle to make it to 50