Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Yes I have. Good movie. Leslie Cheung(think thats his name) was a great actor. Shame he died.

I didn't know he was dead. Played the poof very well. In fact very convincingly.

I'll finish it off tonight, but I loved the hour and a half that I saw. I'm intrigued by Chinese and Japanese culture, which is why I love films particularly set in the past from that part of world(one reason why I loved Ran, so much). Thought the opera scenes were fantastic.(brilliant cinematography was well, I must add).

Any films set in Ancient China that I should see, Ole?

Hope I'm not the only one who has seen this film that finds it funny as feck!:D I'm pretty sure Spoony rates it as a black comedy as well...

You will be shocked...but will be laughing too much to care!;) (in a sort of 'I can't believe I'm watching this AND seeing the humour in it' kind of way). That's if rape, incest, lactation, necrophilia etc. CAN be entertaining?

I thought the film was funny in how fecked up it was. It is hard to envisage seeing something more fecked up that that.

You have to hand it to the Japanese, they know a thing or two about fecked up cinema.

Latest DVD watched:

The Brothers Grimm: O.K.
13 Ghosts: O.K.
Fast Food Nation: O.K.

So far, no outstanding rating yet.

La Haine. Engaging film about Paris youth growing up in the ghetto during the mid 90's. Since this is most often compared to City of God, I would say this one is good but City of God is better.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, (maybe it's) because I saw La Haine first, it made more of an impression on me.

Watched lately:

"Final Cut" - I like it, nice idea with creating a documentary film from personal memories plus Robin Williams as always, fine actor.

"Spiderman 3" - Sandman didn't killed Peter Parker's dad in the original comic book. Nice effects, that's all.

Watched the first half of 'Rear Window' before my dodgy copy of it shat itself.

I'll be getting it from the video store tomorrow to watch the rest.

Psycho shat all over the half I've seen so far and I also preferred The Birds.

In fact, you might be tempted to say that The Birds shat all over the Rear Window.

Heh.

I also thought it laboured a little bit, but shot my load at the camera-wankery.

Someone alert Van.

Watched "The Fountain" yesterday with Hugh Jackman.

Beautiful film.

Mehro was absolutelly right. This film is worth of second watching.

Saw Distrubia yesterday. Decent watch. Looks like Shia LeBeouf's the next big thing in Hollywood.

just watch Grindhouse planet terror and death proof, but personally i prefer the death proof more,

anyone watch it?

Just watched the Korean film Spring, Summer, Autumn.. it was alright. I normally don't like slow paced movies, but I quite liked this in parts. Thought it was a good portrayal of Buddhism. Brilliant cinematography as well. Am I becoming a film buff? :nervous:

This place has gone a bit dead off late, hasn't it? I'm guessing Spoony realised he watched far too many movies when he was imagined the barman's words with subtitles

A movie that I saw just now:

V for Vendetta - Very good despite a fair amount of changes from the novel. Was looking towards a more dark and dainty setting but it wasn't meant to be. A few scenes (especially the conversation between V and the statue of justice) which I loved from the book being omitted gave it a slightly hollow feeling. Could've made it longer