Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Which Yank show has half naked men eating boar testicles?

It stuck to all things Hollywood, the eclipse, a protagonist v/s antagonist, a chase scene, against the odds escapades, etc but the Mayan setting and a subtle screenplay made it more appealing

No not really. The screenplay let it down. Like I said parts of it could've been any old yank sit com. Would've a lot better had they researched Mayan lifestyle and interaction. . .instead of the crap we had to endure. Which is the point I'm making, that it could've been dressed up as anything *insert any period/culture*, but underneath it all it was very shallow. Then again, it was a Hollywood blockbuster, and we shouldn't have expected much.

That was exactly my point...except said more elaborately

I haven't seen his other movie...Passion of the Christ. I also wanted to watch Last Temptation of Christ long back until I realised how shit my internet connection is

No not really. The screenplay let it down. Like I said parts of it could've been any old yank sit com. Would've a lot better had they researched Mayan lifestyle and interaction. . .instead of the crap we had to endure. Which is the point I'm making, that it could've been dressed up as anything *insert any period/culture*, but underneath it all it was very shallow. Then again, it was a Hollywood blockbuster, and we shouldn't have expected much.
Film buff.

Watched Raise the Red Lantern till the subs went gay on me. Brilliant film thus far.

I loved it. Will finish it off today.

Larry Clark's Kids
Deeply disturbing but overall was excellent. I like the way Clark made the movie with mainly first time actors. I think only Chloe Sevigny was the only one with acting experience.

Watched Raise the Red Lantern till the subs went gay on me. Brilliant film thus far.

I loved it. Will finish it off today.

Finished it off last night. Masterpiece. No gripes with it at all. As good as anything I've seen over the past few weeks. Gripping storyline, lovely sets/costumes. . .fantastic cinematography, and the acting was superb, especially by Gong Li, who's tits I'd love to see.

Watch it cuntos.

Osmosis Jones

Tout puissant!!!.
A comedy of all proportions for all tastes. Starring Bill Murray, William Shatner, Chris Rock, Lawrence Fishburne and Brandy Norwood. This part animated movie follows the life of a white blood cell and his buddy, an ENT tablet in the body of one, Bill Murray. This movie makes science seem fun and encourages learning.

Rating 8/10, Shame I waited 6 years to watch it.

Finished it off last night. Masterpiece. No gripes with it at all. As good as anything I've seen over the past few weeks. Gripping storyline, lovely sets/costumes. . .fantastic cinematography, and the acting was superb, especially by Gong Li, who's tits I'd love to see.

Watch it cuntos.

Gong Li's hot allright. You should watch 'Curse of the Golden Flower'. She wears these hot camisoles throughout the movie, enough cleavage exposure to keep you hooked through out. ;)

Ps : You can thank me later.

The Bourne Ultimatum

i watched this film the other day, and i beleive it is the best of the series, has all the guns, gadgets, stunts and explosions that you would expect, with a storyline to match, i thoroughly enjoyed this movie and can't wait for the box set to be released

My Rating - 9/10

Gong Li's hot allright. You should watch 'Curse of the Golden Flower'. She wears these hot camisoles throughout the movie, enough cleavage exposure to keep you hooked through out. ;)

Ps : You can thank me later.

She's curvy. I like that.

I'm downloading 'Not One Less'. Might watch a few of Zhang's movies. Raise the Red Lantern was brilliant. That said, he also did Hero. As for Curse of the Golden Flower, thanks, I'll check it out next week.

Spoony, check "Deadman" with Johnny Depp from Jim Jarmush.

I wonder what opinion You will make about that one.

3:10 to Yuma: Good movie. Worth a watch for sure. I haven't seen the original but this remake was pretty fecking good despite the odd ending which I'm guessing was the ending of the original too.

Bale was excellent again. The best amongst the new actors but Crowe was still better in every fecking scene. The guy just oozes class every time he's on screen, I'm obviously talking about Crowe here, not Bale.

Watched half of Farewell, My Concubine. I loved it. Will finish if off tonight.

I thought it was visionary.