Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

I watched SHORTBUS last night .

I don't where to begin. Some of the most graphic sex scenes you would see, it has unstimulated sex scenes in it as well and lot of gay sex scenes. Homophobes should stay away, a lot of scenes had me turning away in disgust. And really the subject was too heavy for me at my age especially, I couldn't relate or comprehend any of the characters.

For those interested, it's about a group of people in NY, a sex therapist who has never experienced an orgasm, a homosexual couple questioning monogamy and a dominatrix with social issues. And then there is Shortbus, club where 'open minded' people meet to discuss various issues and have orgies.

That's why I never bothered with Hostel crappy, if I wanted to watch some skin I'd download better readily available pron itself
eh?

Shortbus is nothing like Hostel or movie of that kind. Lot of people actually rate the former a lot and I reckon Spoony would probably enjoy it as well.

Films seen lately:

Perfect Stranger - run of the mill
Fracture - enjoyable
300 - disappointing
Hot Fuzz - pretty surreal ending but good nonetheless

Anyone seen any of these?

Huozhe
Farewell My Concubine
Raise the Red Lantern

Never finished it. Looked like a good movie although Chinese opera is really annoying.

Saw 3 Extremes last night. Dumplings was nice. Might watch the full version tonight. Cut was a tad slow but decent enough. Box went right over my head.

Movies to choose from tonight:
Cross of Iron
Dumplings
Man for All Seasons
Cache
All about my mother

Never finished it. Looked like a good movie although Chinese opera is really annoying.

Saw 3 Extremes last night. Dumplings was nice. Might watch the full version tonight. Cut was a tad slow but decent enough. Box went right over my head.

Movies to choose from tonight:
Cross of Iron
Dumplings
Man for All Seasons
Cache
All about my mother

I liked Dumplings and Box. Cut didn't work for some reason.

I watched Bird People in China(Takeshi Miike), last night. I enjoyed it, lovely film.

Just scanned Raise the Red Latern, looks nice. . .set in 12th China.

No, just Three. . . Extremes.

Watch Almodovar's film, Mehro. I might check it out Bad Education sometime in the future.

Cache's by the same director as Funny Games, I think. I thought the latter was good, but a bit too far up it's own arse.

My girfriend is Almodovar mad. Seen all his movies. But she insists that I don't watch any of his movies without her, she's visiting me now which is why we've rented this one. She thinks this is his best one.

As for me, I've got choice between. . Ley Lines, Shinjuku Triad Society(Rainy Dog was completes this trilogy), Dead or Alive, Raise the Red Lantern. . .and some other films I can't be arsed to watch yet.

My girfriend is Almodovar mad. Seen all his movies. But she insists that I don't watch any of his movies without her, she's visiting me now which is why we've rented this one. She thinks this is his best one.

Where is you bird from, Mehro?

I've got Devil's Backbone on DVD, I fell asleep watching a few weeks ago. Will watch it again. I think Almodovar's the producer.

Nah, must have been someone else. It has been mentioned on here by a few people.

And I bet you both break out into a song and a dance everytime you meet.

Watched fantastic four 2.

Was shit. Does have jessica Alba in it though...

DVD I've seen for the past few weeks:

Apocalypto - Good (Naked Scenes for Perverts)
Fly boys - Good
300 - O.K.
Rush Hour/Cinema - Funny
The Devil Wears Prada - O.K.
The Wicker Man - O.K.
Fragile - O.K.
The Cave - O.K.
The Reaper - O.K.

Am going to catch Ratatoullie in the cinema.

Think I may miss out a few titles. Will update later.

Or a cliched story at the very least. Bust despite the poor reviews that Apocalypto got, I found the movie quite enjoyable mostly for the visual appeal. My historian friend didn't share the same opinion though. I guess it was the same with 300. Style over substance ... but a good watch ... gets the adrenalin pumping.

Ratatoullie - Good stuff. Certainly the best animated movie I've seen in a while

Went and saw Ratatouille yesterday. I agree with you completely, best animated movie to have come out in AGES. Take a bow Pixar. This one's going to be a classic in the genre for a long time to come.

Ciao Manhattan. Only managed to get through about 30 minutes of this one. It's part scripted/part documentary where Edie Sedgwick plays herself but as a character in the movie. It could have been interesting, but it is not.

Apocalypto is a style over substance movie. If you disregard the Mayan setting you have a very weak story

It was a good watch till the eclipse scene. Not really authentic, though, which was my main gripe. Just really dressed up as Mayan, when in fact it could've been any American drama/sit com at times.

Watched Dead or Alive the other day. Had potential, let down in the final third.

Cache - Don't drink half a bottle of red wine before watching this one. Very slow. Fell asleep with about 40 min still left. Will finish it later.

It was a good watch till the eclipse scene. Not really authentic, though, which was my main gripe. Just really dressed up as Mayan, when in fact it could've been any American drama/sit com at times.

Which Yank show has half naked men eating boar testicles?

It stuck to all things Hollywood, the eclipse, a protagonist v/s antagonist, a chase scene, against the odds escapades, etc but the Mayan setting and a subtle screenplay made it more appealing