Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer - Good for the effects but obnoxious actors ruin it. Jessica Alba under so much make-up looks very bad. She looked lovely in Honey...a movie which is probably shite but for drooling at her for 2 odd hours

In the line of fire - Second of Wolfgang Peteresen's offering...saw this on tele today and though it ranged between rubbish and decent with loads of Hollywood scenes

John Malkovich is probably the only saving grace

8 1/2. Looked brilliant, in fact as good as anything you'll get see. . . however, it sent me to sleep. . .and I missed that last hour.

So, make of that what you will.

Anybody seen Confession of Pain? Its a Hong Kong film. Just saw it for the second time today and it was pretty good.

Zatoichi 12. Not as good as the others I have seen. Less action and a few more comical bits hurt this film.

er...Zaitoichi is all about the humour. He's a blind samurai.

Anyone seen the one where he is fighting the one armed swordsman? I can't find it over here.

The Invasion - Possibly the worst climax ever.

The Nicole Kidman/Daniel Craig film, I presume?

Are there any similarities between this and any of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers films that you know of? Read somewhere that it was an update of sorts.

EVAN ALMIGHTY

feck off, just feck off. Without any doubt, the worst movie I have watched this year. Not one single funny moment and absolute tripe of a story. I want to cry right now, I really want those 90 mins back :(

0/10

Sunshine. Was a decent watch till it went all Hollywood in the last half hour of the film. Also, too many camera effects.

Haven't seen Invasion yet....but it is supposed to be a disaster, unwatchable even. The movie was supposedly so bad that the studio had to rope in the Wachowski brothers to a re-edit. Sad considering the original was a classic.

Looking forward to watching Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig in 'The Golden Compass'. The first of the Dark materials trilogy. Big fan of the books.

He clearly loves to turn films that show a little potential, into bland run of the mill Hollywood movies.

Watched Constant Gardener today again after a long time. Lovely movie. Cinematography is one of the best I have ever seen.

Van Nistlerater, then.

He's pretty much a commercial director. Nothing underground about his work, whatsoever.

Buffs. Film.