Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Godfather 1 is hardly the fastest paced movie

It has nothing to do with pace. I liked Taxi Driver but not to the extent that it's been raved. Conversation was a let down 'cos the plot twist wasn't good enough for the build up that it had

Just saw In the mood for love.

And it's not for me. I get why many rave about it. One has to appreciate how beautifully each scene and sequence is presented by the director. Possibly one of the best movie direction wise, but that doesn't alone seals the deal for me. There is distinction between the two. I mainly decide my favs by the number of times I can watch them again, don't think I would be too eager to watch ITMFL again.

Decided to see Visitor Q today; i was promised that it would be the most extreme movie i've seen. It was. Not the biggest fan of extreme cinema but nevertheless despite all the taboo themes, i was engaged till the end.

I knew the story of Othello before watching it so that kinda ruined it for me.

Saw Chake De recently, it's pretty good entertainment.

I actually plan to catch hold of many small independent movies made in India, I know of an Israeli director who used to work in India and he raved about a lot of small movies which used to air in film festivals. He himself made one.

I knew the story of Othello before watching it so that kinda ruined it for me.

I actually plan to catch hold of many small independent movies made in India, I know of an Israeli director who used to work in India and he raved about a lot of small movies which used to air in film festivals. He himself made one.

I'd read Othello and seen a shitty Hollywood adaptation called 'O' but I still think it was a well made movie. Didn't really have to rely on its storyline to be enjoyable.

Btw, I saw Dor on my flight to India in the summer and that was excellent.

Might go see it with the family.

Also saw Shootout at Lokhandwala; didn't think much of it to be honest. Think the film has a muddled up message and its tough to empathise with the goons at the end when they've been portrayed as tarts throughout.

Yes, Dor was great. Have you watched Pather Panchali? Supposed to be the best Indian movie ever.

That the part one of the Bengali trilogy? Wanting to see it for ages, searched in loads of DVD/VCD places, both fake and real but no luck so far.

Probably have to torrent it or something.

Decided to see Visitor Q today; i was promised that it would be the most extreme movie i've seen. It was. Not the biggest fan of extreme cinema but nevertheless despite all the taboo themes, i was engaged till the end.

Hope I'm not the only one who has seen this film that finds it funny as feck!:D I'm pretty sure Spoony rates it as a black comedy as well...

You will be shocked...but will be laughing too much to care!;) (in a sort of 'I can't believe I'm watching this AND seeing the humour in it' kind of way). That's if rape, incest, lactation, necrophilia etc. CAN be entertaining?

I If a film is not fast paced, it's regarded as boring.

Agreed. People who say that Three colours Blue was boring need to be fed to rabid stoats.

And the Indianna Jones series was brilliant fun. I could watch them again tommorow.

Agreed. People who say that Three colours Blue was boring need to be fed to rabid stoats.

And the Indianna Jones series was brilliant fun. I could watch them again tommorow.

Yep, I agree. In fact I might watch Raiders again, this week.

Hope I'm not the only one who has seen this film that finds it funny as feck!:D I'm pretty sure Spoony rates it as a black comedy as well...

You will be shocked...but will be laughing too much to care!;) (in a sort of 'I can't believe I'm watching this AND seeing the humour in it' kind of way). That's if rape, incest, lactation, necrophilia etc. CAN be entertaining?

Yeah, it's a brilliant black comedy. Although, it's obvious that Takeshi Miike is a conservative at heart. He was clearly having a pop at the decay in Japanese society.(Although, he's not lived in England, if he thinks Japan is bad)

Spoilerish......

I have had a change of heart about ITMFL, I love it now. I reckon immediately after watching the movie I was a bit sentimental about them not getting together in the end and thus thought little of it. That happened with One flew over the cuckoo's nest as well when they made JK a spastic, I hated that and in turn the movie for sometime. But now it's one my fav movies.