Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Hard Boiled - Good fun, but I wouldn't say I loved it, like most others did. Think Infernal Affairs is clearly a better film, though, which surely borrowed some aspects from Hard Boiled.

I haven't even heard of those but I pick Pitfall, cos it would be intriguing to know whether the pit was big or those who fell on it were midgets

I have a host of Hitchcock which I haven't gotten to watching...Rebecca and Rear Window to name a few

I haven't even heard of those but I pick Pitfall, cos it would be intriguing to know whether the pit was big or those who fell on it were midgets

I have a host of Hitchcock which I haven't gotten to watching...Rebecca and Rear Window to name a few

Probably his best two.(I haven't seen 39 Steps). Rebecca's my fav. Masterpiece.

El Topo - Bizarre and surreal but I loved it. Allegorical film littered with symbolism, mainly of Christianity set in the Wild West, now how can that not be interesting? The movie was a lot of fun and I'd recommended it. So go on cuntos, check it out and tell me what you think.

El Topo - Bizarre and surreal but I loved it. Allegorical film littered with symbolism, mainly of Christianity set in the Wild West, now how can that not be interesting? The movie was a lot of fun and I'd recommended it. So go on cuntos, check it out and tell me what you think.
I rented that once but never got around to watching it. It was a VHS that was censored, dubbed in English with Japanese subtitles. It's on DVD now, so I'll probably try to see it again.

3 - Iron.

Watched it again today and it is still amazing...go check it out.l

I thought it was good, till I heard the literal meaning of the film by the director, which put me off.

I rented that once but never got around to watching it. It was a VHS that was censored, dubbed in English with Japanese subtitles. It's on DVD now, so I'll probably try to see it again.

I watched The Holy Mountain last night. If anything even more bizarre, but again highly enjoyable, with fantastic imagery. Although, could be said it's partially up its own arse.

Overrated:
Shawshank - Tim Robbins :lol:
Oldboy - feck off oldboy
American Beauty - possibly the worst movie to win an oscar ever. Nost sure if people actually rate it or not.
Requiem for a Dream - every junkie loves this movie. Way too many junkies in this world.
Usual Suspects - decent enough to be seen once.

Overrated:
Shawshank - Tim Robbins :lol:
Oldboy - feck off oldboy
American Beauty - possibly the worst movie to win an oscar ever. Nost sure if people actually rate it or not.
Requiem for a Dream - every junkie loves this movie. Way too many junkies in this world.
Usual Suspects - decent enough to be seen once.

Not really. It's only liked by people who have no idea about drugs. Shite film.

Oldboy is top.

Overrated:

American History X(feck off. Pretentious garbage for thickos)
Usual Suspects.
Kill Bill(both volumes)
Birds
Requiem for a Dream (again, one for the thickos)
Crash(again, one for the extremely mentally challenged)

Underrated -

Capricorn One ~ A little gem that I saw as a child and loved, not sure of it's status amongst cinema's greats but I've never heard anyone give it the attention it deserves.

American Psycho ~ The business card scene, along with about 5 other scenes are classics.

Azumi. Been wanting to see this one for quite some time. Finally did. The action(sans 3 annoying parts) is top notch. Seeing 3 people take one 30 is always fun to watch. There are some annoying parts to the movie: one character who's part monkey or some shit, some corny effects and the very ending is a bit lame as Azumi is basically in two completely different cities in a matter of seconds. Other than that, it's a pretty decent action movie.

Azumi. Been wanting to see this one for quite some time. Finally did. The action(sans 3 annoying parts) is top notch. Seeing 3 people take one 30 is always fun to watch. There are some annoying parts to the movie: one character who's part monkey or some shit, some corny effects and the very ending is a bit lame as Azumi is basically in two completely different cities in a matter of seconds. Other than that, it's a pretty decent action movie.

Might watch it tonight. 2 hrs long, though. That said it's probably the shortest film I've got waiting to be watched.

Casshern. Another one I've been wanting to see for ages. Sadly, it was a complete crapfest. The plot is barely coherent at best. It drags on and on and on. I do not recommend this one at all. Disappointing because I had heard good things about it.

I just saw Superbad this past weekend and I haven't been laughed my ass off so much in years. summed up my high school days almost too perfectly. I don't think the european demographic would appreciate this one as much as us americans who had to sneak around all through their teenage years to procure alcohol, bring said alcohol to party, and get laid by drunk chicks at said party. but I loved it, see that shit.

Casshern. Another one I've been wanting to see for ages. Sadly, it was a complete crapfest. The plot is barely coherent at best. It drags on and on and on. I do not recommend this one at all. Disappointing because I had heard good things about it.

Watched an hour of Azumi before falling asleep. Despite this, I enjoyed it. Will watch the rest today.

s1648514.jpg

very reminiscent of Miike and Tsukamoto's works
nice cinematography, sound and pace
maybe a little bit OTT with the disgusting and insane stuff but that's japanese cinema for you