Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Didn't like it. The new Die Hard was better.

Haven't seen any. Although I'm planning to watch Barry Lyndon sometime soon.

Did you watch any of the war movies I suggested the other day?

Come and See, Ivan's Childhood(Tarkovsky). . .that's it. Which other one's did you suggest?

Oh and Les enfants du paradis is a lovely film.

i thought the first one was alright, 2nd one was so-so

but, if you don't like Matt Damon stay away from it

I don't mind him. I can't stand DiCaprio. I've actually enjoyed a few Matt Damon films. Talented Mr Ripley, Good Will Hunting, The Departed. . .off the top of my head.

You didn't particularly enjoy Inland Empire or Eraserhead?

Inland Empire.

Come and See, Ivan's Childhood(Tarkovsky). . .that's it. Which other one's did you suggest?

Oh and Les enfants du paradis is a lovely film.

The Nostalgia Factory, Ballad of a Soldier and Armée des ombres, L'.

Haven't seen them myself but read/heard about them.

back to the movies..

saw 'Bourne Ultamatum' last night. Best action movie i've seen all year.

9 out of 10

How did it compare to the other two? because I'd have given the first 6/10 and the second one less.

Saw Shooter tonight and it was a Bourne clone. 4/10

Bourne Ultimatum was fantastic. Gripping and entertaining, much better than Die Hard 4 over the top action.

Shooter can just kiss my ass, nowhere near Bourne in terms of story or action. It's B-class movie with big name actor and director

Watched Bourne today. Liked it, except for the ending really.

Duel - Excellent. Really liked how Speilberg didn't show the driver and portrayed the truck as the real monster. The scene where the man is in the phone booth was specially good. Nail biting stuff throughout.

9/10

His movies aren't for everybody. I admit that the stuff in between suspenseful scenes isn't that great, but he does a great job at the suspenseful stuff.

Aye. Actually thought Suspiria was a lot better. . .and I didn't particularly like that one, either.

Uzumaki

population of a small town is being terrorised by an evil spiral

only in japan

Right first post in here upon reccomendation of Spoony so here are a few of my reccomendations in turn, most if not all are asian cinema.

Versus - Fun as hell Zombie slasher, ridiculous story but lots of blood, always good.

All About Lily Choo Choo - don't want to tell you much about this one, just the fact that it is great and you should watch it

Voices Of A Distant Star - Anime, it's only half an hour long, about a girl who goes to outer space and the only way she can contact her boyfriend is through her mobile phone text's.

Studio Ghibli movies :

Grave Of The Fireflies
Princess Mononoke
Whisper Of The Heart.

And a couple western cinema...i would reccomend...Kids and Bully. Both are great.

By the way, if you've seen any of my one's please tell me what you thought of them.

And if can reccomend films in a similar vain.

Seen Princess Mononoke. I liked it. Spirited Away's my favourite, though. Which has been discussed on here before. I have Grave Of The Fireflies and Whisper Of The Heart somewhere in my collection. Will watch them when I can be arsed.

More on Azumi - Group of Assasins start training and only a few come through it...Azumi being one of them and they wreack havoc on a lot of people.

Not Barry NOrman esque plot descripton i know but i always fear i will give too much away.

Spring Autumn Winter Summer and Spring - Korean film i won't tell you anything about this one...only that it is amazing and it single handedly ignited my intrest in films that had not much Dialogue but said a lot through just images.

Spring Autumn Winter Summer and Spring - Korean film i won't tell you anything about this one...only that it is amazing and it single handedly ignited my intrest in films that had not much Dialogue but said a lot through just images.

I was a bit disappointed with that. . . probably down to the fact I watched it around 2 am. Not the right thing to do, when watching this type of film. Still, it was a good allegory of Buddhism.

Watch Dolls, if you like less is more, slow paced films. Beautiful film.