Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Oh shit. . . had forgotten about that one.

And I reckon Cinc would love The Mirror(not the awful paper).

Alright cuntos.

What shall I watch next?

Come and See, Andrie Rublov, Deep Red, Les Enfants du paradis or Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. . . and Spring?

Das Boot, The Deer Hunter and Apocalypse Now are the best three that I have seen. All focus on different aspects of war and all. Come and See I hope will be up there.

I really don't want to get my hopes up though.

Das Boot, The Deer Hunter and Apocalypse Now are the best three that I have seen. All focus on different aspects of war and all. Come and See I hope will be up there.

Good choices...maybe with Downfall thrown in, too?

True. I may have praised it too much already. Forget everything I said and just watch it.

I'd add FMJ to the list you made. A lot of people go on about Platoon but for me Platoon never added anything to the Vietnam war that we hadn't already seen in FMJ and Deer Hunter. Although Oliver Stone did say that he had tried to portray his own war experiences which I guess make it a little scary in a different kind of way.

True. I may have praised it too much already. Forget everything I said and just watch it.

I'd add FMJ to the list you made. A lot of people go on about Platoon but for me Platoon never added anything to the Vietnam war that we hadn't already seen in FMJ and Deer Hunter. Although Oliver Stone did say that he had tried to portray his own war experiences which I guess make it a little scary in a different kind of way.

Not seen FMJ for years. I'd love to watch it again. Same goes for Platoon. . . in fact I think I last watched Platoon in 87/88.

Nope. But I'd love to watch a few war films. I kind of get a thirst to watch a certain genre or films from the same region.

Try to avoid anything on your list, Mehro.

Almost Famous
My Sassy Girl
The Wizard of Oz.
Good Will Hunting.
Planes,Trains and Automobiles
The Breakfast Club(that's six, I know)

Anything with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepbburn in it together
Amelie
It's a Wonderful Life (how obvious is that choice?)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...well, it eventually becomes a feel good movie
Struggling for a fifth, so going for The Jerk, off the top of my head

Alright cuntos.

What shall I watch next?

Come and See, Andrie Rublov, Deep Red, Les Enfants du paradis or Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter. . . and Spring?

I agree with Mehro, Come and See is probably the best of that bunch. By Les Enfants du paradis do you mean the Iranian film The Children of Heaven?

An excellent movie. One of the best war movies ever. Right up there with Apocalypse now and FMJ.

So does Ivanovo detstvo - another brilliant Ruskie war film.

The Simpson's Movie More or less what you would expect but hilarious in the main. It is a while since I have heard so many gut laughs in a cinema. Kind of like a long episode and sadly lacking many of the main characters for the sake of narrative but excellent anyway. 8/10

Seems as if you're the only person who has given it a good review. I'll check it out, though. Not expecting much, considering how lame the show has become over the last decade.