Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Not yet, Ole.

Here's what I've got to see(Downloaded/downloading). Tell me what you thought of them.

Yojima- excellent
Seven Samurai- amazing
The Hidden Fortress- not Kurosawa's best but still good
Izo- it's on my list as well
Chung King Express- I really liked it. You better like the song California Dreaming
Bin Jip(3 Iron)- if it's the one I think it is, it suprised me and actually ended up being a decent movie
Days of Being Wild- Andy Lau and Tony Leung in the same movie, nuff said
Rainy Dog(still haven't gotten around to watching it)- don't think I've seen it
The Quiet Family- haven't seen it

I also recommend:
Running out of Time
Rich and Famous*
The Tragic Hero*
Goodbye Mr. Cool

*2 parter

Different people, different opinions, Ole. Wibble hated. . . but someone else might think it's a masterpiece of sorts.

Probably wise.

It makes The Age Of Sexual Innocence look good. And that is saying something.

Doesn't he scan models in or something?

I've also got Appleseed. I've only watch a few minutes of it. . .but I love the backdrops, not too keen on the cell animation, though.

You're gonna love it or Torres will score 40 goals in next season.

I would have guessed that Anchorman would have got at least 8/10 on IMDB.

I haven't seen Anchorman because I am sure it will be shit. 5 lines that the txt spk generation can remember and feck all else.

I would have quessed that Anchoeman would have got at leat 8/10 on IMDB.

I haven't seen Anchorman because I am sure it will be shit. 5 lines that the txt spk generation can remember and feck all else.

That's the thing with imbd. Full of fanboys. . . if they like a film they make sure it gets a high rating. . .and proceed to give brilliant films negative ratings. . .so they can move their favourites up the list. Kids. As for Anchorman. . . only kids like it. It's one of the worst films I can recall watching.

Any of these worth a watch?

Sad Movie
Sympathy for Lady vengenance
3 Extremes
Friend

Lady Vengeance is very good. I loved the whole trilogy.

Cinc's downloaded 3 Extremes, so he'll review it in the next couple of days. Not seen or even heard of the rest. Perhaps, Ole has.

As for Anchorman. . . a few people really loved it, I thought it'd be one of those that just splits viewers. In fact, it was just shit. . .no redeeming qualities whatsover. And I have no idea why Ferrel is so highly rated.

They killed a big ass turtle. That's all I remember. And I think some of the tribesman ate monkeys. I think they were offered some other meat but they preferred eating the monkeys or maybe that was some other movie.

But no, i don't remember many animals being killed. Some of the scenes are really well shot. There's this one where a woman is dragged by this man, raped and then impaled on a pole. It was so fecking sick that I don't I'll ever forget it.

Anyway, I'm going to watch ichi the killer now. It better be as good as you said it was.

They killed a big ass turtle. That's all I remember. And I think some of the tribesman ate monkeys. I think they were offered some other meat but they preferred eating the monkeys or maybe that was some other movie.

But no, i don't remember many animals being killed. Some of the scenes are really well shot. There's this one where a woman is dragged by this man, raped and then impaled on a pole. It was so fecking sick that I don't I'll ever forget it.

Anyway, I'm going to watch ichi the killer now. It better be as good as you said it was.

er. . . it's very 2D comic booky. I thought it was brilliant. But expect it to be shit . . hopefully you'll love it.

Miike's a brilliant director, in my opinion. Audition and Visitor Q are must sees too.

I saw Audition when you first recommended it. Thought it alright, A Tale was Two Sisters was much better though.

Visitor Q, like I said, is a little too fecked up for me.

I saw Audition when you first recommended it. Thought it alright, A Tale was Two Sisters was much better though.

Visitor Q, like I said, is a little too fecked up for me.

I thought they were both pretty amazing.

Tastes, I guess.

It's fecked up, though, I only recently watched Visitor Q and thought it was great. . . last night I watched In the Mood for love, and thought it was probably the most beautiful film I've ever seen. Polars apart. Yet, I loved them both.

Ichi The Killer - awesome. Loved it. Especially Kakihara.

Here's a question for you Spoony: (spoiler) When jiji pushes back the dead Kakihara's hair at the end there's no wound on the forehead. Was this supposed to mean that Kakihara jumped off the roof and Ichi didn't really kill him? That's the only sense I could make from that. And I wish they'd explained why Jiji was doing this all.

Ichi The Killer - awesome. Loved it. Especially Kakihara.

Here's a question for you Spoony: (spoiler)

Glad you enjoyed it. Very underrated film for some reason.

Spoiler:

Basically, the fight Kakihara had with Ichi was all a dream/his imagination. . . I think he happened after Kakihara hit the floor. . .when he looked up Takayama(the kid) was kicking Ichi, after this scene I think his vision(what we saw) went into a motion blur, this is when the dream sequence began. He badly wanted a fight with Ichi, being a sado-masochist and all, which is why he imagined the whole fight sequence. In reality he actually jumped off. Also at the end you'll notice that Ichi killed Jiji. Jiji was the person hanging from the trees. Furthermore. . .I think Kakihara commited suicide (scene near the end)

Yeah that's pretty much what I thought too. Good movie although some of the torture scenes made me cringe but that always happens to me with these Asian movies.