Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

What are your favs out of that list?

Just watched Ghost in the Shell 2. Really enjoyed it. I love cyberpunk.

Izo next. Reckon that'll be very convoluted.

Izo. I actually thought it was good. I don't think the story was that complicated, unless I've totally gotten it wrong. . . it was about rebirth/reincarnation. Izo was basically going through his version of hell. . .most of the time.

Come on Cinc, what did you think?

Izo. I actually thought it was good. I don't think the story was that complicated, unless I've totally gotten it wrong. . . it was about rebirth/reincarnation. Izo was basically going through his version of hell. . .most of the time.

Come on Cinc, what did you think?

Something like that. Although I'm not sure it really needs literal interpretation. It was pretty good, especially as I watched it around 4am this morning. Haven't slept a bit.

Miike is growing on me.

Something like that. Although I'm not sure it really needs literal interpretation. It was pretty good, especially as I watched it around 4am this morning. Haven't slept a bit.

Miike is growing on me.

I enjoy his work too. Surprised it's got such a low rating.

Anyway, I'm not sure we actually needed to see the baby turn into Izo at the end. . . I thought it was obvious as it was. I also thought he(Izo) was judging himself.

It wasnt necessary but its like a full stop at the end of a book.

Thing is, most of his work is obscure and doesn't really hand everything on a plate. . . I just thought it went against the grain.

Anyway, watching anything today?

Specify reasons for your hatred.

First time I watched I thought it was ok, watched it properly today and thought it was good.

It bored me senseless. . .from what I can recall. I actually thought the first one(well, Keaton's Batman) was the best. . . just more comic book. Great villian too.

Batman Begins.

Considering it's a Hollywood adaptation of a comic book, I think Nolan does a fantastic job, and that Christian Bale aint bad either.

You just want to suck Bale's cock all the time. I thought he was rather average in this movie. Was much better in The Machinist and The Prestige.

The plot is a lot more detailed, and the characters are all very good, the only character from the first Batman that I can remember being any good was Jack Nicholson's Joker. The action is very engaging as well, too often with these types of film the action is all generic and boring. There's just the right amount of sentimentallity that the plot requires without it being gay, plus it's the first film I've seen for ages that didn't make me think Liam Neeson is a useless pile of shit. Though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

You just want to suck Bale's cock all the time. I thought he was rather average in this movie. Was much better in The Machinist and The Prestige.

Well obviously, but then The Prestige is amazing and The Machinist required a completely different and more visible type of dedication to the role.

The plot is a lot more detailed, and the characters are all very good, the only character from the first Batman that I can remember being any good was Jack Nicholson's Joker. The action is very engaging as well, too often with these types of film the action is all generic and boring. There's just the right amount of sentimentallity that the plot requires without it being gay, plus it's the first film I've seen for ages that didn't make me think Liam Neeson is a useless pile of shit. Though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

That was about pretentious as it gets. It was rubbish.

Let's call a fork a fork for minute. You loved it, because you've wanted to lick Bales' salty balls, for a few years.

Well obviously, but then The Prestige is amazing and The Machinist required a completely different and more visible type of dedication to the role.

The Prestige was not amazing. It was good. . . that's all. Memento and Following are his two amazing films.

I'm disliking you, right now.

Well, that's disconcerting. I'm sure we've gone over my obsession with Nolan and Mann before. But it's never lead to me being hated.

Well, it's all about opinions.

And I guess I'd rather read yours about BB than read posts by your fellow LFC fans in football forum, who appear to be a trifle thick.