Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Watched He-Man and the Masters of the Universe last night. I have to say the women were a lot hotter in the cartoon. All in all a decent family film that has been wrongly dismissed as terrible all these years.

Gozu. Surreal. . . but enjoyable. Not as good as Miike's other films I've seen(Ichi and Audition). Last 50mins were the best of the film. . .that said, I'm still trying to get my head around it all.

Bizarre.

Not yet, Ole. It's definitely on my to watch list, though.

Bought or rented it, by the way? I bet you've got a 1000 DVD collection.

Hehe, it is rather mental.

Watched Visitor Q yet?

No, not yet. And yeah it was a bit mental. . . but I really enjoyed it. I'll have to definitely watch it again. . .but I think I've got an idea what it was about. Was Visitor Q more mental?

I rented it.

It was on its way to that, but I had to buy furniture, a car, and a bunch of other stuff so it's at about 400 right now. What's yours?

300ish. I bought some furniture a few months ago. . . I'm proper gay when it comes to stuff like that. :gay:

I do like Audition. Didn't care for Ichi.

What other japanese movies you like?

Fair enough. I guess, it's personal taste.

Hana Bi.
Nobody Knows(based on a true story).
Battle Royale.
Kagemusha
Zatoichi

Off the top of my head.

Don't care much for J horror. . . Audition was really a one off for me.

I actually preferred Spirited Away. Received Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2, today. No 2 seems like a Blade Runner anime.

For a bloke who's seen just about every decent film made. . . you're not half watching some tripe lately.

No, not yet. And yeah it was a bit mental. . . but I really enjoyed it. I'll have to definitely watch it again. . .but I think I've got an idea what it was about. Was Visitor Q more mental?

More mental in a comedic disturbing kind of way.

Battle Royale was ace. Battle Royale 2 was utter cock.

Loved BR, bought BR2 on DVD in the vein hope it would be half as good, it's poo.

Watched about 10 minutes of a movie called Ultraviolet with Milla Jovovovovich in it. It was absolute shit.

UltraViolet is unbelievabley shit, as in, the worst films ever made kind of shit.

Visitor Q.....F*** Me!!

I've never seen so many taboos depicted in one film.:nono:

It rendered me speechless. Bloody Hell!

Does anyone know when the next movie by the people who made Spirited Away is or if coming out the last one they did was Howls moving castle that was in 05 I think.

My brother gave me Grave of the Fireflies film I thought it was brilliant.

Laputa is my favourite Ghibli film. Spirited Away's storyline just seemed like a meandering mess of one deus ex machina after another. Beautiful to watch though.

Mononoke was brilliant.

I watched Summer Time Machine Blues the other day. Fun, if slightly amteurish and lightweight.

More mental in a comedic disturbing kind of way.

t.

I loved Visitor Q, in fact I thought it was brilliant. Had the lot really didn't it. . . crazy dysfunctional family, incest, necrophilia, prostitution, rape. . .amongst many things. . .and er. . . breast milk. In the end they all learned to get along. That said, Miike surely doesn't think that the Japanese family/culture is in some sort of decay? feck, he hasn't been to England then has he. . . Oh back to the film, despite the content the film was very nicely paced. . . not unlike Ichi the Killer.

Battle Royale. Good movie but what the feck was up with that scene at the end when that teacher has been shot and he suddenly gets up to answer the phone and then pops back dead straight away?

Nope. And I've not see BR for ages.

Also downloading Seven Samurai at the mo.

Mehro have you seen Inland Empire yet? a few downloads on mininova, not sure if they're dubbed into Italian, though. The 4.3gb one I dowloaded was in Italian!