Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Yeah, I'm on the same boat mostly. But Grindhouse, since I'm sure it won't release in here (atleast not soon) I couldn't resist getting my hands on it

The Pianist for example, I can't imagine watching it on anything less than a DVD print

Not really. It is decent with a good cast. This friend is rewatching the whole Coen catalogue now, and says that he doesnt understand where this fantastic piece came from.

I'm guessing he doesn't rate the Coen Brothers?

The Big Lebowski and O Brother, Where Art Thou, were very good, I thought.

Can you give an over view of what it's about, too long to read right now.

From wikipedia: "The film follows Llewelyn Moss, a man out hunting near the Rio Grande who comes across a drug deal gone sour — leaving behind a cache of heroin, two million dollars and several bodies. When two more men end up murdered, the local sheriff realizes Moss and his wife need protection. Things turn dangerous when various men, ranging from ruthless freelancers to ex-Special Forces members, turn up to find out the truth and destroy all evidence."

Ah. What genre does it fit in to?

I'd love to make a surreal comic book Ichi the Killer style film. . .

It is about a group of halfgangster/nouveau riche people who are going to hunt in the Transsylvanian mountains where they find out in a violent way that the rules that work in the cities don't work amongs the Székelys. And it will be done as a thriller.

I hope it'll have big breasted vampires.

No, but it will have breasts for sure. And they will might be hers.

Grindhouse was fine. Doubt Tarantino and Rodriguez made it for commercial purposes than more so to tap into a creative urge. Tarantino's movie had its moments and the final car chase scene is bloody brilliant. Rodriguez walked off with the better creativity with his. The fake trailers were the best part and good enough to give a watch once. Would be surprised if it created huge ripples amongst the audience