Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

The Bird? or The Birds? if it's the lately, I thought it was vastly overrated.

I've seen Suspiria. . .and didn't think much of it.

I don't think there's any in particular that I don't like. Sometimes I have an urge to watch a particular genre. . . had a urge to watch horror films a few weeks ago. Lately I've been watching loads of Korean flicks. . .and I've really enjoyed them. Still got JSA to watch, downloading Failan, My Sassy Girl and Visitor Q (japanese) at the moment.

What about yourself?

Still haven't seen Rainy Dog and Ichi the Killer by Miike. Bought them a year ago, I think.

Don't care too much for American westerns(though I absolutely love spaghetti ones). Also not a huge fan of horror films. Though I am starting to like the ones from the 60s and 70s from Europe. Outside of that I'll pretty much watch every kind of movie.

Yeah, wouldn't call myself a fan of Westerns too. But I do like most of Eastwoods' films in that genre(spaghetti, I presume).

Anymore movies from the Far East that I should check out?

I love kung fu films so I'd say: Five Deadly Venoms, Five Fingers of Death, Drunken Master, 36 Chambers of Shaolin, Master of the Flying Guillotine. There's a bunch more. I'd have to go through my notes(yes I keep notes about movies I've seen, sometimes) and let you know other titles. I've also enjoyed almost all of Takeshi Kitano films. Wong Kari Wai films are ace. Don't care too much for Miike's films. They have good parts to them, but ultimately don't live up to the hype in my opinion. Check out Saijun Suzuki's films from the 60s. Good viewing.

Takeshi Kitano. I've seen Hana Bi and Zatoichi. Loved them both. Dolls is actually only my to see list. What did you think of it?

As for your Kung fu list. Well, we can clearly see which genre influenced the Wu Tang Clan.

Anyway, any films with a similar pacing and storyline to Lost in Translation? (I actually loved LiT)

I don't think there's any in particular that I don't like. Sometimes I have an urge to watch a particular genre. . . had a urge to watch horror films a few weeks ago. Lately I've been watching loads of Korean flicks. . .and I've really enjoyed them. Still got JSA to watch, downloading Failan, My Sassy Girl and Visitor Q (japanese) at the moment.

What about yourself?

Still haven't seen Rainy Dog and Ichi the Killer by Miike. Bought them a year ago, I think.

Visitor Q. Good luck, it's fecked up, I can't stress that enough. Seriously.

I love kung fu films so I'd say: Five Deadly Venoms, Five Fingers of Death, Drunken Master, 36 Chambers of Shaolin, Master of the Flying Guillotine. There's a bunch more. I'd have to go through my notes(yes I keep notes about movies I've seen, sometimes) and let you know other titles. I've also enjoyed almost all of Takeshi Kitano films. Wong Kari Wai films are ace. Don't care too much for Miike's films. They have good parts to them, but ultimately don't live up to the hype in my opinion. Check out Saijun Suzuki's films from the 60s. Good viewing.

Drunken Master, a legendary film. The fight with The King Of Sticks is one of my all time favourite scenes.

I think Eastwood is pretty good. Unforgiven is still his best work though.

Has anyone seen Freaks?

Watched Flags Of Our Fathers recently, very disappointing. Still yet to watch Letters from Iwojima which is supposed to be much better.

JSA was very enjoyable. However, the acting by the Swiss was awful. Best part of the film was the interaction between the four soldiers. The investigation wasn't really that interesting, I actually think Park could've made this into a masterpiece, if didn't concentrate on the investigation part and just solely focused on the interaction between the soldiers from both sides(which to be fair was the majority of the film). Still, a very good film, nonetheless, and a very accessible one at that.

And Young-ae Lee looked very pretty in this. She was in Lady Vengeance too, she looked completely different in that film.

Right cuntos, recommend me some war films.

I've seen Apocalypse Now, Das Boot, The Deer Hunter, FMJ, The Downfall, Platoon. . . and the terrible Saving fecking Private Ryan, just to name a few.

A couple that I should watch:

Come and See.
The Brotherhood of War.

basically from any region and timeline.

First time I've heard of it.

There's another Korean one, but it's set in the 17th century. Forgot the name.

I was going to go see Grindhouse tonight, but it turns out they won't show them back-to-back in Iceland, and probably not in Europe at all. So I decided I wouldn't bother. The whole point is seeing them both back-to-back and seeing the fake trailers!

I was going to go see Grindhouse tonight, but it turns out they won't show them back-to-back in Iceland, and probably not in Europe at all. So I decided I wouldn't bother. The whole point is seeing them both back-to-back and seeing the fake trailers!

I bet it'll be out on DVD in a couple of months.