Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Pineapple Express - Great film. Maybe up there with Some Like It Hot and Duck Soup as the greatest comedies of all time.

Yeah it's alrite....can't judge it as a movie mind you since it's making no effort to be one, no character or story development whatsoever really, just dudes walk into a building and clear it out with badass non stop balls to the walls action.

Synecdoche, New York - I thought it had the potential to be a great movie but it got way too self indulgent, up to the point that it was really exhausting to watch and I ended up really struggling to finish it. Also, Philip Seymour Hoffman has an abnormally large forehead.

Fight Club

I thought this was an excellent film , Edward Norton and Brad Pitt were both fantastic .
Don't know why it took me do long to watch it , did not get the twist at all , I was gob smacked when I found if out
Anybody who has not seen this needs to watch it

8/10

I'm disappointed to find out it wasn't Vampire Colin Farrell wrestling with his alter-ego by beating the shit out of his vampire friends.

Fight Night? Was Norton and Pitt fighting not to be in a M. Night Shyamalan film but the twist was that they've been filmed the whole time...oh and and that they were all dead but didn't realize it.

Fight Night? Was Norton and Pitt fighting not to be in a M. Night Shyamalan film but the twist was that they've been filmed the whole time...oh and and that they were all dead but didn't realize it.

I have watched films with worst plots that this , get on the phone to Hollywood you have hit there.

That will teach me not to read my message before it I sent it.

The Consequences of Love - Decent stylish, atmospheric and slow-moving thriller. It had a nice electronica soundtrack and fantastic cinematography, sometimes I forgot the story and just looked in awe.

Thought The Avengers was predictably awful, maybe great for fans of the comics but I have no idea how once again a film like that gets so many positive reviews. I'm not sure if it's just a case of becoming more of a miserable bastard as I grow older (I really enjoyed the likes of Die Hard & Mission Impossible), or whether all big-budget mainly action films really are now all exactly the same film, with just a few character names changed round. From the trailers the new Batman & Prometheus look more of the same.

A Seperation

Not as emotionally hooking as I thought it would be, but nonetheless brilliantly put together. 8/10!

You should check Farhadi's prior movie, About Elly. I thought it was even better put together. Leaves you questioning so much about morality, while of course taking a less than subtle shot at modern Iranian macho religious domination.

On a bit of an ancient history thing at the moment, though only through Gladiator and Troy. Any others similar I should watch?

Fright Night. 8/10

Loved it. It knows what it was and made a great call back to the horrors from my youth. It was just good dumb fun and has the best vampire I have seen in cinema for nigh on 20 years. You actually felt like the protagonists were in danger from an overwhelming enemy.
"He's a real monster and he's not brooding, or lovesick, or noble. He's the fecking shark from Jaws"

Caligula(1979).

Oh for the love of God, why have you brought such memories back to me? Oh God. The mental scars. The horrific images. The blood. The explicit sexual violence. The horse.

I advice NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, to ever watch this. If you do, bring a bucket to throw up in.

Dark Shadows:

It's okay, but I was little bit disapointed because I expected better movie.

Went to see the Dictator last night, was really funny.

Does anyone really expect anything from the Burton/Depp combo anymore? Another lazy, rehash, cash-cow I'd imagine.

It wasn't bad, it was interesting, good movie to spend some time, but nothing else though.

Oh for the love of God, why have you brought such memories back to me? Oh God. The mental scars. The horrific images. The blood. The explicit sexual violence. The horse.

I advice NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE, to ever watch this. If you do, bring a bucket to throw up in.

I remember going to late night viewing of this . Big. Mistake.

Both lightweights, don't listen to them.:nono: