Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

The Woman In Black

I went to see this lastnight with some friends, we were expecting to jump at things and for it to be similar to films like paranormal activity, with doors opening by themselves and the like...I was really surprised to find that it was actually quite scary and made my friends and I jump repeatedly throughout. For anyone who has seen the play, it is different on some ways...but not bad.

We enjoyed the fact that it didn't take nearly an hour to get to the good bits, pretty much straight away things were happening, it was the type of film that had be in suspense the whole time, waiting for The Woman to scare the crap out of me.

Great film :) 8/10

DRIVE. Thought it was great. It's basically Grand Theft Auto - Vice City, the music, the gangster story, the side missions, the unreal hero who beats them all, plus beautiful photography, no shaky camera bullshit, nice clean wide shots. Good stuff.

Taken

Re-watched it for the first time since I saw it in the cinema... and almost forgot how much I bloody love this movie. From the ridiculous plot, to the often terrible dialogue... to the superb action and just bat-shit crazy moments... it's fecking superb.

The Woman In Black

I went to see this lastnight with some friends, we were expecting to jump at things and for it to be similar to films like paranormal activity, with doors opening by themselves and the like...I was really surprised to find that it was actually quite scary and made my friends and I jump repeatedly throughout. For anyone who has seen the play, it is different on some ways...but not bad.

We enjoyed the fact that it didn't take nearly an hour to get to the good bits, pretty much straight away things were happening, it was the type of film that had be in suspense the whole time, waiting for The Woman to scare the crap out of me.

Great film :) 8/10

Have you watched the original 1989 tv film, DT? It's on Youtube, and is the scariest film I've ever seen.

Anyone catch Chronicle yet? Quite interesting. Thought the second half dragged on a bit though. Could have been a cult classic.

I'm still on the ceiling from the last time I saw it. :D

I still haven't watched The Exorcist, a million years after it was released. This is because I'm so...er...brave. :D

I still haven't watched The Exorcist, a million years after it was released. This is because I'm so...er...brave. :D

Do that tonight, seriously. Or you can ease your way in through one of the the most horrific sequels of all time (Exorcist II: The Heretic) - a film that wont make you have nightmares, has a sexy 18 yo Linda Blair tapdancing, Richard Burton looking insane and some of the worst dialogues ever.

I have a soft spot for it in a pauldyson kind of way. The soundtrack is really fantastic though - Ennio Morricone's best non western work.

No way - I'll end up looking like this:

home_alone_12.jpg

I watched the one that released in 1973 the other day. It wasn't scary at all. That girl's face looked fecked up as the movie progressed but I wouldn't say it was scary, more like creepy and gross.

The Help.

I was kind of surprised by this movie. It's nearly 2 & half hours long, and I was concerned I might get bored halfway through it, but I never did.

It's quite captivating and charming. It's about a young white woman, who's an author. She decides to write a book detailing the maids point of view about the racism they face working for white families in Mississippi in the 1960's.

It brought a tear to my eye watching it I must admit.

8/10

The Help.

I was kind of surprised by this movie. It's nearly 2 & half hours long, and I was concerned I might get bored halfway through it, but I never did.

It's quite captivating and charming. It's about a young white woman, who's an author. She decides to write a book detailing the maids point of view about the racism they face working for white families in Mississippi in the 1960's.

It brought a tear to my eye watching it I must admit.

8/10

It's a good movie, was surprised by this movie as well. Minny's chocolate pie. :lol:

Taken

Re-watched it for the first time since I saw it in the cinema... and almost forgot how much I bloody love this movie. From the ridiculous plot, to the often terrible dialogue... to the superb action and just bat-shit crazy moments... it's fecking superb.

I watched the movie on tv and I loved it. The action was fantastic and Neeson is superbly cast as the worried dad/retired agent.
9.5/10

They already planned a sequel: Taken 2, but the movie plot sounds pretty bad unfortunately.

While The Exorcists might have been a bit scary when it was made it now seems a bit silly.

The pace of films has changed a huge amount over the last few decades.

Could you imagine films with long atmospheric scenes like in The Godfather or The Deer Hunter getting made now?