Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Reno911

Reno police dept have to police the city of miami after a terrorist incident leaves the city with no police. Problem is..Reno PD is full of the stupidist feckers ever to wear a badge.

Rating 8 out of 10. The main character reminded me of David Brent, but with a police badge. Very funny in places.

Finding Neverland I saw this on TV last week as family suitable fare. I expected to be bored stupid but it was actually worth watching. Excellent acting and a plot that kept you interested through to the end. Even my 8 year old wasn't bored. depp as JM Barrie was particularly good. 7.5/10

Just saw quite a few movies this past few days. Blood Diamond and The Departed was excellent although the ending for The Departed kinda sucked.

Saw Shrek 3 and Blades of Glory as well. Found some good copies off demonoid. I'd say Shrek 3 was not as good as 1 or 2, but still a good watch. I'll give it a 7/10. Blades of Glory was alright, good for some laughs as well. I'd give it a 6/10.

Watched Science of Sleep last night, well 98% of it. . . till the cnuting DVD started to play games. Anyhow, I really enjoyed it. Not sure if it's by one of the Kaufman brothers, but it may as well been. . . very similar style. (just checked, it's written and directed by Gondry, co wrote Eternal Sunshine with Kaufman). Some may not like the surreal style of the film, though. . . I guess it comes down to taste.

Watched, The Conversation, last night. Great cast inc Gene Hackman, Harrison Ford. . .and John Cazele(who's never been in a shit film!) and it was directed by Coppola. In short the film was about a surveillance expert who gets a gilt trip.

Overall, very good film and very creep in parts.

Watched, The Conversation, last night. Great cast inc Gene Hackman, Harrison Ford. . .and John Cazele(who's never been in a shit film!) and it was directed by Coppola. In short the film was about a surveillance expert who gets a gilt trip.

Overall, very good film and very creep in parts.

I love that movie and yes, John Cazele, did some amazing movies in his short career. Actually he did only 6 I think. Godfather I&II, Dog day Afternoon, The COnversation, The Deer Hunter and The American Way.

I love that movie and yes, John Cazele, did some amazing movies in his short career. Actually he did only 6 I think. Godfather I&II, Dog day Afternoon, The COnversation, The Deer Hunter and The American Way.

I think all his films have been nominated for the best picture award(oscar). Amazing really.

Pan's? I downloaded that a bit ago. Not seen it yet. Play's got Come and See on for 13 quid. . . and it's out of stock.

I was waiting for Pan's to come out on DVD. Also have The Cranes are Flying and Some like it Hot coming in the mail. Need to update my Blockbuster rental list soon.

So you just buy movies straight? Don't rent them?

Well, I love collecting DVDs, thing is, though, I've downloaded loads over the last few months. But you can't beat original DVDs, better sound and picture. I'm going to draw a list of ten to buy over the course of the week.

I've seen Ran. There was one annoying character in that movie, The Jester, that pissed the feck out of me. Not as good as Seven Samurai.

Noted. Anymore? This way, I can keep track of the recommendations.
A few of the films you've mentioned were on my list of favourite movies. There are a few martial arts films in there as well, so if if you don't like that genre, you might wanna give those a miss. Also, if you don't mind a bit of Japanese animation, you could try Grave of the Fireflies.
Ran is a nice adaptation, but while still great, it is one of the slighly lesser films of Kurosawa.
I think it's one of his best to be honest.

Saw the new Pirates film the other day.It was less shit than I thought it was going to be, but too long, bit hard to follow and wasn't as good as the first.

Arghh.

Technically it's a way to deal with paralysis, but from the film's point of view, it symbolizes life that contrasts Nishi's(Kitano) fire (death).

ahhhh, I was trying to make sense out of it but I couldn't.

Have you seen 'Nobody Knows' by Hirokazu Koreeda? I thought it excellent.

A few of the films you've mentioned were on my list of favourite movies. There are a few martial arts films in there as well, so if if you don't like that genre, you might wanna give those a miss. Also, if you don't mind a bit of Japanese animation, you could try Grave of the Fireflies.

I think it's one of his best to be honest.
Heard a lot about Grave of the Fireflies. I'm going to stick it on my to watch list.