Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Legend of Hell House was average. Shite storyline, and cheap 70's(which it relied on) effects may have been cool back then, but it hasn't aged well at all IMVHO. And all I wanted too see was Mrs Barrets' tits. Seriously, that's all I could thing of during the film.

Just saw the Benchwarmers before; It wasnt your wholly typical Rob Schneider movie. It was quite enjoyable,.

Also Brick, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Elephantman.

That's more than enough.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was extremely funny.
Brick was cool, noir in highschool setting

I watched a Korean movie The Host yesterday. One of the best monster movie I've seen. Two thumbs up!

Saw Pan's Labyrinth last night. Another fine acting performance by a child actor. Ivana Baguero was adorable as Ofelia. This is the second movie I have seen of Sergio Lopez (Captain Vidal), the other one being With a Friend Like Harry, and although the two roles were quite similar he was brilliant on both occasions. A really nice movie overall.

I thought it was really good.
It gives you a sense of reality but at the same time left you wondering whether Ofelia's adventure was real or not. Also it has gorgeous cinematography. One of my favorite movie last year.

Shutter is a good Horror flick. Would suggest the original Ju-On as well if you haven't watched it. The original Japanese one.

Try to watch Shutter tonight.

Abre los ojos (Open Your Eyes), was brilliant, I really enjoyed it. If you're a fan of Memento, Donnie Darko, Jacob's Ladder et al. Then it's a must see. . . plus you get to see Penelope Cruz's tits!

Glad you enjoyed it. Loved it myself. Korean cinema's mint. Oh and watch Abre los ojos, you'll love it.

Also saw Some Like it Hot last night. The only Marilyn Monroe movie I've seen. A nice funny movie despite her rather average acting.

Shooter 9/10

200px-Shooter_poster.jpg

Bob Lee Swagger (Mark Wahlberg) is a former United States Marine Corps sniper who left the Marines after a mission left his best friend and spotter dead. Supposedly the FBI approaches him to help entrap a potential assassin, who may attempt to shoot the President at one of three possible locations. After being framed, every law enforcement agency is after him, and he is forced to use his military training so that justice prevails.

Great movie. The plot was thrilling, the pace with electric, and the effects were sublime

Anything with Jessica Biel in it, can't be crap. . . that said, it was pretty naff.

Watched Black Christmas (1974) last night, suffice to say, it didn't do much for me, although the ending was creepy. Saw Kiki's Delivery Service too, but it was for kids, and all I can say is that I felt like a nonce watching it.

I don't mind them too, Wibbs, but this was totally aimed at kids. That said, it was a good anime. . . just not for me.

Water

About the state of child widows in India pre-independence .Really good movie, gets very emotional as well.

Namesake: Going to see it tonite, supposed to be good as well.

Water's okay. Earth was excellent. Even Fire's better

I'm looking for reviews on a movie called Amadeus by Milos Foreman. Anyone? Thanks in advance
I thought Fire was shit. Earth was good. Water is easily the best out of the lot for me though.

After being asked hundredth time to list my favs movies, I actually sat down and made a list of my 10 fav movies

Pulp Fiction
Dr StrangeLove
Godfather 1,2
Forrest Gump
Fight Club
Shawshank Redemption
Schindler's list
Matrix 1
Goodfellas

I think it actually avoided the worst cliques and Hollywood would have done a far worse job with such a good story. Robbins wasn't a horned monster even if his acts were appealing for example. I thought it was very well balanced and one of the better films this year.

I think it actually avoided the worst cliques and Hollywood would have done a far worse job with such a good story. Robbins wasn't a horned monster even if his acts were appealing for example. I thought it was very well balanced and one of the better films this year.
I agree Robbins was a very good character, best thing in he movie for me. Actually it's more of a cliched theme from Hindi cinema. The whole an innocent man turned to fight against the oppressive state has been done quite a few times here. But still a good watch.

Anyone saw Cache?

A French movie about a family whose live has been disrupted by a stalker. The stalker sent videotapes of outside of their house. Although he didn't do anything, the tapes sent the family crazy, knowing that someone out there was watching them. It starred Juliet Binoche as the wife of the main character.

The director did a very good job in establishing the mood and the tension throughout the movie, but the ending left me somewhat very unsatisfied.