Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Bought:

In America
Come and See
Cité des enfants perdus, La (City of Lost Children)
Don't Look Now.

Love Jeunet's films. Delicatessen and Amelie were brilliant, A Very Long Engagement was a very good and all.

Saw Pan's Labyrinth last night. Another fine acting performance by a child actor. Ivana Baguero was adorable as Ofelia. This is the second movie I have seen of Sergio Lopez (Captain Vidal), the other one being With a Friend Like Harry, and although the two roles were quite similar he was brilliant on both occasions. A really nice movie overall.

Saw Pan's Labyrinth last night. Another fine acting performance by a child actor. Ivana Baguero was adorable as Ofelia. This is the second movie I have seen of Sergio Lopez (Captain Vidal), the other one being With a Friend Like Harry, and although the two roles were quite similar he was brilliant on both occasions. A really nice movie overall.

It could have been a brilliant movie with a decent script.

I get the feeling you thought it would've been better, Mehro.

I get the feeling you thought it would've been better, Mehro.

I did. Like I said above in reply to cinc, after watching the trailers of the movie I expected a little more from it and was a tad disappointed that the movie had a nonsense subplot.

Fair enough.

and Ta Cinc.

Got The Devil's Backbone and Seconds(Rock Hudson - recommendation from Kev). Come and See was out of stock.

Sympathy Mr Vengeance (finally got around to seeing it). In a nutshell, fantastic film. . .

oh and Ryu's bird would definitely get it.

I saw Pirates 3 today.

Entertaining but feck me it was long. Far too much plot.

Half the plot and 50 minutes less owuld have made it a great film. 6/10

I watched Fletch tonight for the first time in 20 years. Excellent 80's film with Chevy Chase at his very best. 7.5/10

I think so. Was that the one by the same bloke who made Howls Moving Castle and Spirited Away? If so I have seen half of it and it seemed as good as his other stuff. If not. No I haven't.

Good question. My son has it but I never watched it. I really liked spirited away.

Loved Spirited Away, as well. One of my faves. I'd watch Howl's Moving Castle tonight, if I were you. It's highly rated, apparently.

Never heard of it. But post a review once you see it and I'll add it to my rental list if you say it's worth it.

Is it a horror flick? My girlfriend's visiting me and she's been dying to watch a decent horror movie. She's seen Rosemary's Baby and The Shining and I don't really know many good ones. Any recommendations?

Rosemary's is probably my fav. The Tenant is very good too(Polanksi, as well) so are Audition (Japanese) and A Tale of Two Sisters(Korean), I thought Lost Highway by David Lynch was pretty creepy too. Oh I liked The Challenging and The Entity(thought it was going to be crap ended up enjoying it), too.

Have you seen The Haunting(1963)?

(Jacob's Ladder, not sure if it can be classed as a horror, but I thought it was creepy as feck, I'd recommend it to anyone)