Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Russell Crowe is great JGray, wash your mouth out. Gladiator is my favourite film,. Body of Lies, 3:10 To Yuma, State of Play, A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, L.A Confidential, Proof of Life, Romper Stomper...he has a fantastic repertoire of films

Russell Crowe is great JGray, wash your mouth out. Gladiator is my favourite film,. Body of Lies, 3:10 To Yuma, State of Play, A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, L.A Confidential, Proof of Life, Romper Stomper...he has a fantastic repertoire of films

I think you've read it wrong smashed! i said i'm a fan of his!

We had this discussion in the newbies about a week back, not sure what lead to it mind!

Sorry lao it's late and I feel like shit and for these two reasons i'm not sure what you mean!

Anything to do with Foster having that blokes load all over her face? that's as much as I can come up with right now
Nah, it's just a reference to the movie in Diver's videoblog, but if I go into details people will be shouting attention seeker etc, and I'm not up for that nonsense at the moment.

I think you've read it wrong smashed! i said i'm a fan of his!

We had this discussion in the newbies about a week back, not sure what lead to it mind!

Ah...I knew that.

Ha I thought I remembered typing an almost identical post, but I couldn't find it in here so thought I was suffering from Deja Vu or summit. Should have known it was in the damn newbies

Romper Stomper is fantastically bad.

I watched a film the other night, cant remember what it was called but it was about this english gentleman who opened a shop in a small town (america) selling items people really wanted but eh was basically tricking them all into killing each other and causing chaos.

It was entertaining. 7/10 :D

I watched a film the other night, cant remember what it was called but it was about this english gentleman who opened a shop in a small town (america) selling items people really wanted but eh was basically tricking them all into killing each other and causing chaos.

It was entertaining. 7/10 :D

Needful Things? Based on a Stephen King book.

I don't really know a great deal about Che, but have always wanted to know the story behind it all. I figure the best way to get an idea would be to see it on screen. I think I will buy them, but wait a bit as you say until the price drops.

Cheers

The Motorcycle Diaries is excellent if you haven't seen it - I've not seen the Che movies so don't know if they cover some of the same ground. You should be able to get it cheap too but it will make you want to go travelling around South America, some stunning scenery.

Very good movie! It covers the part of Che's life before he went to Cuba and explains the reasons why he became a revolutionary. Probably watch this before Che 1 & 2.

Following your advice i've got this to watch this evening, really looking forward to it! hopefully it'll be another quality film.

Fantastically stupid comment to make.

Well, still sucks though.

With that vague and bad plot they had, they did nothing else to draw attention to. Crowe is good, but he couldn't save that hole of a film.

Oh, and shut the feck up.

Well Motorcycle diaries, sorry Lao but alright?? It's a fantastic film! The chemistry between Ernesto & Alberto is brilliant and you're just drawn into the film. No need for special effects, no need for overly complicated dialogue, no need even for anything special when it comes to shooting it - some grainy shots and at times a shaky camera but the story itself and stunning scenery are more than enough to make this a film that more peopel should see, pure would be a good word to describe it. 8.5/10

Che 1 & 2 are now for me a must!

Dead Set

Great mini-series about a zombie epidemic surrounding the english big brother house, but since it's only 2 hours 15 minutes long I'll include it here.

Incidentally have any LotR fans seen this short film made 'for fans, by fans'

The Hunt For Gollum Movie · Alternative Viewing Links

It got a good rating on imdb, like 7.2 or something, and if you watch the trailer it looks very impressive considering.
The Hunt For Gollum Movie Website

The whole thing was made on a $3000 dollar budget apparently, which is staggering when you think about it, and all the actors worked for free. I keep meaning to watch it, it's only 40mins long, but has anyone seen it? If so is it worth the 40minutes? It's a free film so I guess you can't go wrong.

It got a good rating on imdb, like 7.2 or something, and if you watch the trailer it looks very impressive considering.

The whole thing was made on a $3000 dollar budget apparently, which is staggering when you think about it, and all the actors worked for free. I keep meaning to watch it, it's only 40mins long, but has anyone seen it? If so is it worth the 40minutes? It's a free film so I guess you can't go wrong.

I've heard good things about this as well ... quite a few movie blogs were giving this a good review. Will try catching it this weekend and let you know.

That looks pretty good, cant believe they only spent 3 grand on it.

you know what, lao, just shut the feck up, that's all I have to say.
Well, that's something I can't say no to, considering that's the most well formulated opinion the professional film critic has come up with in this thread so far. I look forward to further indulging myself in your extraordinary vocabulary and intellectual way of words.

Have any of you movie buffs seen the Tron?

It's a movie from back in the 80's, apparently a bit of a pioneer like Blade Runner (which was released around the same time). Anyway the movie's about a hacker that is literally abducted into the world of a computer and forced to participate in gladiatorial games, where his only chance of escape is with the help of a heroic security program...

It also inspired one of those FAIL/pictures of some fat spectacled dork in the beige bodysuit with all the iridescent lights running up and down it like cables.

Anyway, they're doing a re-make which caught my attention. Daft Punk have made the movie's album (24 songs). Here's the trailor, to me it looks like it's going to be awesome.

I think I'll make a specific thread for it.

I think it is just "TRON" rather than "The Tron". I loved when I was a kid. But saw bits of it a few years ago and it was terrible.

It was the inspiration for other movies like Lawnmower Man (Also Shit). And also gets a few mentions in The Simpsons.

I heard about the new one recently. I do not have high hopes for it. I think it is a sequel rather than remake though.

Yeah woops, typo there. I think I mean to say have you seen the movie TRON.

And it does look like it's a sequel upon futher research.

Love him or hate him, Crowe's one of the very best Actors out there.

I watched this, it seems more like a homage to the Peter Jackson trilogy than a film in it's own right. The sound isn't great in that I had the browser volume and laptop volume up full yet still could barely hear what the actors were saying (especially at the start). Then, because the volume was up full, when the music and sound effects came in they were too loud. I love low budget films and for me the absence of overproduction you got with the Jackson films is refreshing but for a 40 minute film there is a definite lack of storyline and punch.

Dead Ringers 9/10

The story about successful identical siblings who (unlike Van Dame brothers in Double Team) share everything together, occasionally replacing each other (very like Da Silva brothers in United). Very rough and dark insight into the downfall of a man soul.

Thumbs up on "District 9". Wasn't counting on it being such an action movie, but I liked it anyway.

Capturing the Friedmans 7/10

(Documentary on the Friedmans, a seemingly typical, upper-middleclass Jewish family whose world is instantly transformed when the father and his youngest son are arrested and charged with shocking and horrible crimes. IMDB)

Very strange, disturbing documentary. Didnt know what to think in the end, were the familiy members guilty of pedophilia and molestation, or not.

Tell No One. 8/10

French thriller with Francois Cluzet. Kept me guessing until the very end. Liked it, very much recommended.

Dead Ringers 9/10

The story about successful identical siblings who (unlike Van Dame brothers in Double Team) share everything together, occasionally replacing each other (very like Da Silva brothers in United). Very rough and dark insight into the downfall of a man soul.

Great film, that. Jeremy Irons is brilliant.

Watched the Hurt Locker yesterday.

There's not much by way of a plot, it's just following three guys around as they get called around Iraq to deal with roadside Bombs.

It was good, lots of tense moments throughout the movie and as I genuinely tend to get engrossed in films, I found this very enjoyable.

The main character seems to be addicted to the adrenaline rush of dangerous situations and puts his colleagues in unecessary danger without seeming to care.

There was one scene that annoyed me though. The Sniper scene which made the British look incompetent and the culmination of the scene where the remaining Brits seemingly sat around doing nothing whilst the Americans saved the day!

Overall I'd give it 8 out of 10

Well spoiler 1 is pretty obvious, hence the flashbacks to his mundane family life.

Agree with spoiler 2, it was the worst part of the film

So the Brit is on the bank for about 30seconds with the rifle and gets taken out with as near a perfect shot as possible pretty much straight away. The American climbs up to the exact same spot and waits there for about 5minutes whilst they find ammo, clean blood out of it etc etc and not once do they spot him? Despite the fact he is in the exact same spot the previous guy was? Didn't make any sense. And of course when they did spot him - after he had shot at them - the managed to completely miss all their subsequent shots.

Great film though

Gone Baby Gone - Brilliant. Fantastic film that follows the life of a private detective as he searches for a missing 4 year old girl. Really superb film, absolutely full of twists. Just as you think you have it figured out, it throws a whole new twist at you and you're left scratching your head again. At one point I was a bit underwhelmed as I thought the film was approaching its end with a fair few loose ends untied, but in actuality it was really just getting started and when the plot did begin to tie up, it was not what I expected at all. Even now I am struggling with some of the ethical questions the film poses. Did he make the right decision? My head says yes, but...

watch it.

Well spoiler 1 is pretty obvious, hence the flashbacks to his mundane family life.

Agree with spoiler 2, it was the worst part of the film

So the Brit is on the bank for about 30seconds with the rifle and gets taken out with as near a perfect shot as possible pretty much straight away. The American climbs up to the exact same spot and waits there for about 5minutes whilst they find ammo, clean blood out of it etc etc and not once do they spot him? Despite the fact he is in the exact same spot the previous guy was? Didn't make any sense. And of course when they did spot him - after he had shot at them - the managed to completely miss all their subsequent shots.

Great film though

True, but if my fellow caftards haven't seen it then I thought it might give a bit of the story away.

Gone Baby Gone - Brilliant. Fantastic film that follows the life of a private detective as he searches for a missing 4 year old girl. Really superb film, absolutely full of twists. Just as you think you have it figured out, it throws a whole new twist at you and you're left scratching your head again. At one point I was a bit underwhelmed as I thought the film was approaching its end with a fair few loose ends untied, but in actuality it was really just getting started and when the plot did begin to tie up, it was not what I expected at all. Even now I am struggling with some of the ethical questions the film poses. Did he make the right decision? My head says yes, but...

watch it.

I've had this on my sky plus planner for a few weeks but haven't been in the mood to watch it yet. Anybody else recommend it this strongly?