Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Looks pretty good, actually.

Did you ever see Valkyrie and Defiance? I want to see them two aswell. War films are probably my favourite genre.

Looks pretty good, actually.

Did you ever see Valkyrie and Defiance? I want to see them two aswell. War films are probably my favourite genre.

How was Defiance?

Personally, I was disappointed with Valkyrie

Night of the Demon (1957) - 8/10

Surprisingly creepy film about a psychologist who has a curse placed on him by a satanic cult leader. Suspenseful and weird. Great film.

6.5 is quite generous, the film was pretty poor imo, more worthy of a 4

i did actually expect much better seeing as it has Jack Black, Mos Def, Danny Glover and Gondry involved

it is one of those films where the concept is quite creative but execution was weak - i do like things which are original but maybe i was a bit generous ...

I don't know anything about the last film your talking about..

They were from some company (Electrolux?) and they we're trying to map out the habits of the average Norwegian in order to sell them kitchens. It was pretty funny. I actually saw it in Italy a couple of years ago so it must have been a pretty big success.

Seeing as I was a bit hard on Swedish films earlier I'd like to big up "Torsk på Tallin" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378893/). It's arguably the funnies film to ever come out of Scandinavia. Don't know if it was ever aired abroad but it definitely should have been. 9.48/10.

How was Defiance?

Personally, I was disappointed with Valkyrie

I thought defiance was terrible. Just didnt work for me. Most of all the Slavic-English accent is very annoying and distracting. At least in Valkyrie all actors were allowed to keep their natural accent.

Have you seen Underground?

And I downloaded Coraline last night. It looks class.

Kusturica's 'Underground'? Yea I have. I loved the movie. It was a but painful to watch though, for personal reasons.

Just looking for Coraline but cant find any english dubbed downloads..

That's the one! Cheers peter.

Haven't seen it, I just found a torrent with that, songs from the second floor, torsk på tallinn, fecking åmål and fyra nyanser av brunt. So I'll try to see it over the next week sometime, along with torsk på tallinn.

I've got hopes for the latter, Robert Gustafsson is fun.

Haven't seen it, I just found a torrent with that, songs from the second floor, torsk på tallinn, fecking åmål and fyra nyanser av brunt. So I'll try to see it over the next week sometime, along with torsk på tallinn.

I've got hopes for the latter, Robert Gustafsson is fun.

Songs from the second floor is hilarious, how could I forget that one.. Roy Andersson is a genius. Well worth the watch imo. Some people hated it though. When I saw it at the cinema a bunch of people left before it was over. I believe it won the golden palm in Cannes.

Kusturica's 'Underground'? Yea I have. I loved the movie. It was a but painful to watch though, for personal reasons.

Just looking for Coraline but cant find any english dubbed downloads..

Yeah that's the one. Anyway, I've NOT downloaded Festen, Coraline, Bolt and Warlords.

as for Coraline I found a link on Vuse.

Yes.

As for Coraline it's meant to be a Tim Burtonesque animated film

Just to be pedantic, it's actually directed by Henry Selick, the same guy who directed Nightmare Before Christmas. Very good film though, well worth watching.

Just watched The Illusionist and The Prestige - Thought they were both quite good! Lots of magic/twists in both which is always entertaining.

Dark City

Brilliant movie. It was a bit similiar to The Matrix, and it was apparently released a year before it as well. Can't believe i've never heard of it before.

8/10

Dark City

Brilliant movie. It was a bit similiar to The Matrix, and it was apparently released a year before it as well. Can't believe i've never heard of it before.

8/10

Yeah it's one of those that slips under the radar for a lot of people. Once you see it you are spellbound. Roger Ebert said it was the best film of 1998

Last night I watched 'Get Smart' and 'The House on Sorority Row."

Both garbage.

Ghost Town - 2,5/5

A bit cheesy but it made the time pass, and Gervais is always entertaining even though I'm a little confused over his reason for being involved in this movie. He's reaching for the mainstream audience, or wants to show the world he's versatile? Extras christmas episode showed us that. Hope this was a one off.

Watched David Mamet's RedBelt last night.

Wasn't vintage Mamet by any means (I wouldn't have known the script was written by him if I'd come into it without prior knowledge) but I have to say I found the film largely enjoyable.

Although it's set in the world of mma don't go in expecting loads of big fight scenes though or you'll be disappointed. It's more of a drama that revolves around one man's battle to uphold his principles and integrity.

The conclusion was particularly satisfying and the main performance from Chiwetel Ejiofor (the bad guy in Serenity) was captivating. As such I am prepared to forgive it a few glaring plot holes and contrivences.

If Glengarry Glenn Ross was a red belt this was probably a brown. Maybe even a black at a less respected dojo.

Paris, Je Taime

Bunch of short skits in English and French about love, in Paris. The name isn't cryptic.

Features loads of big names from English and French cinema. Some of the skits are great while others are average, but all suffer from being a bit too short.

Worth a watch though.

6.5/10

Just to be pedantic, it's actually directed by Henry Selick, the same guy who directed Nightmare Before Christmas. Very good film though, well worth watching.

It looked fantastic, in fact I can't think of many better looking computer animated films. And yeah it was a good film - although for the first 30 or 40 mins, I thought it was more style over substance. Had some great touches, I mjust say - I liked the fact Coraline was left handed, basically, I think it meant that she was different.

Get back to this later, off to work.

Last house on the Left

Brutal is possibly the only word to describe this film! Having never seen the original i knew little about the story - was expecting some jumpy horror. Little did I know it was a fecked up story about a familys fight against an escaped prisoner and his wierd family!

I'm not really sure if I enjoyed watching it if i'm honest, was a strange one. I felt slightly uncomfortable during the rape scene and was just shocked by some of the brutality. For instance the hammer to the head, the hand in the food cutter up thingy and the exploding head in the microwave all made for potentially uncomfortable viewing.

I'd not suggest watching it if you have a weak stomach, saying that even if you haven't got a weak stomach i'm not so sure i'd advise watching it.

Strange

5.5/10