Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

just watched Looking for Eric finally.... excellent movie, lots of laughs and it is amazing to see cantona again

if you havent already check it out

Watched it again and I'm seriously starting to hate Let the Right One In.

Just because it isn't in your particular language doesn't mean it isn't easily digested dross. There's nothing special about this film except for the photography which is great. Especially the cuteness of it all which get's my blood boiling. There's nothing "edgy" or special about this films, it's just.. a bit shit. Sorry to the fans and all..

Typical Swedish film* (a bit shit).

*Watch out for "Men who hate women" or whatever it will be called. Utter shit. Consider yourselves warned.

Swedish film is not typical shit

Ingmar Bergman got lots
Lilja 4-ever
Fire nyanser av brunt
fecking Åmål
Kopps

just to name a few, but I liked Let the Right One In. It was something else compared to all the other horror vampire films out there, in a good way.

Oh, and I agree with the latter. Men who hates woman is probably shit, at least the book was.

Watched it again and I'm seriously starting to hate Let the Right One In.

Just because it isn't in your particular language doesn't mean it isn't easily digested dross. There's nothing special about this film except for the photography which is great. Especially the cuteness of it all which get's my blood boiling. There's nothing "edgy" or special about this films, it's just.. a bit shit. Sorry to the fans and all..

Typical Swedish film* (a bit shit).

I really don't understand all the hype it's been getting.

Permanent Vacation

It's JJs debut film and I had my hopes as I'd just seen Stranger Than Paradise, turns out it's a little on the boring side, some good pictures but horrible acting. It showed only in glimpses what he's capeable of. I wasn't amused, but on another side, some good parts and actually a decent film, just didn't match my hopes.

5/10

Swedish film is not typical shit

Ingmar Bergman got lots
Lilja 4-ever
Fire nyanser av brunt
fecking Åmål
Kopps

just to name a few, but I liked Let the Right One In. It was something else compared to all the other horror vampire films out there, in a good way.

Oh, and I agree with the latter. Men who hates woman is probably shit, at least the book was.

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice Swedish films, but the vast majority happens to be dross. You say "just to name a few" but except for the films you mentioned, how many more quality films could you actually name? Not that many. There's Bergman, there's Moodysson and not that much more imo.

I actually haven't seen Men who hate women but i hated the book. Can't believe it has sold so much abroad.

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice Swedish films, but the vast majority happens to be dross. You say "just to name a few" but except for the films you mentioned, how many more quality films could you actually name? Not that many. There's Bergman, there's Moodysson and not that much more imo.

I actually haven't seen Men who hate women but i hated the book. Can't believe it has sold so much abroad.

Cheap trick I know it, thought about it myself :angel:

But all countries majority of movies suck really, but Sweden hass got some real quality for being such a small (population) country. Norway is probably about half the size and have got no widely appreciated films, maybe except for Flåklypa Grand Prix. Denmark only got Von Trier, who's lost it. I agree that the majority is shit, but seen in context it's better then a lot of other countries. I'm not saying that swedish films are grande, but looked in context it's not shit either.

Cheap trick I know it, thought about it myself :angel:

But all countries majority of movies suck really, but Sweden hass got some real quality for being such a small (population) country. Norway is probably about half the size and have got no widely appreciated films, maybe except for Flåklypa Grand Prix. Denmark only got Von Trier, who's lost it. I agree that the majority is shit, but seen in context it's better then a lot of other countries. I'm not saying that swedish films are grande, but looked in context it's not shit either.

You have a point, maybe I'm expecting too much.

Denmark do have more than Von Trier btw. Both their TV and film productions are clearly superior to those from Sweden (generally). You're a bit hard on Norway. Vegviseren (trying to write Noggie here) was brilliant. Man, I'd love to see that one again. Elling was good too.

And there was a nice film I saw about Swedes who came to a village in Northern (?) Norway to study their habits in their home. What was that one called?

You have a point, maybe I'm expecting too much.

Denmark do have more than Von Trier btw. Both their TV and film productions are clearly superior to those from Sweden (generally). You're a bit hard on Norway. Vegviseren (trying to write Noggie here) was brilliant. Man, I'd love to see that one again. Elling was good too.

And there was a nice film I saw about Swedes who came to a village in Northern (?) Norway to study their habits in their home. What was that one called?

Veiviseren was good, agree with that, I thought Elling was so and so though Erik Poppe got some decent ones, but they're just your average good film. Denmark actually got some stuff, I've got several dogme films from Denmark, didn't think that through really.

I don't know anything about the last film your talking about..

I don't know what to do with my time, broken ankle really makes your life boring.

Will you recommend me a good and new film?

Anyone seen Warlords starring Jet Li?

I'm sure there a few recently released historical epics from that part of the world.