Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

So, after I'd finished watching the all too classic Boomfunk MCs - Freestyler, I thought I'd give "Click" a try. I hate most comedies, especially hollywood ones, and I am disgusted by Adam Sandler. I've hated every single thing he's been a part of. Needless to say, a weird choice, and my hopes really wasn't that high (I've secretly wanted to see this film for some time, since I thought the universal remote was a "neat idea"). Home alone, no one to judge me, stream is up, Adam Sandler in Click!

I wasn't amused, not one bit. After the first 15 minutes I'd already started playing fifa, Manchester United - Barcelona. I also watched the film, since I've played fifa so many times, my fingers pretty much go on auto. The film was boring, predictable, sandlerish (as you'd probably expect), dumb and made me feel dumb for watching it. OMG it's Adam fecking Sandler FARTING in the Hoffs face! HAHA! No. The girl playing his wife looked very hot, which also annoyed me. And if you mix that wonderful little blend of joyfulness in with the "dad neglects his children, who loves him anyways" you get a pot full of stuff so bad you'd wish to go back in time only to falcon punch Frank Coraci's (yes I'm blaming this catastrophe on you fattie) pregnant mom so he'd never been born.

But! Here's the good part! I actually intended to watch this thing all to the finish, because I like getting pissed off and if my predictions are right, this ending would be a haven. Then after 72 minutes, my stream, cleverly disguised as something else, pops out with a message. Megavideo, you've watched 72 minutes today blablalba. Oh sweet lord. Those crafty folks from megavideo did it, they cut me off. Thank you.

For those interested, Manchester United won the Champions League final 3-2.

Messi (23) Barca
Ronaldo (41) Man Utd
Henry (45) Barca
Tevez (63) Man Utd
Tevez (105) Man Utd

Incredible game.

And for the rating of "Click", I felt I was too biased to give it a decent review. So with the credit of the good people over at random.org we got up the random number generator and they gave it a rating from 1 to 10. So the rating of Adam Sandler's Click is 9/10. And that's \/ the genius who made it.

00010301.jpg

Watched Star Trek today. Was okay.

S. Darko

The sequel to Donnie Darko. All I can say is "WTF". Nothing makes sense in this movie. I didn't have a slightest clue what was going on most of time, but I kinda got swallowed into it somehow. If Spoony think's Lost is retarded, he's gonna have a heart attack if he ever watches this movie.

3/10

S. Darko

The sequel to Donnie Darko. All I can say is "WTF". Nothing makes sense in this movie. I didn't have a slightest clue what was going on most of time, but I kinda got swallowed into it somehow. If Spoony think's Lost is retarded, he's gonna have a heart attack if he ever watches this movie.

5/10

I've seen it. . .and liked it. I don't mind films that are convoluted, in fact, I like them. I love surrealism too. Lost was just retarded and full of deus ex machina.

edit - I've not seen the sequel, in fact I didn't know one existed. But the original was very good.

S. Darko

5/10

You must be giving 5 points for the soundtrack. Because thats all that was slightly good about this movie.

It was always going to be retarded. How could a sequel to a movie where the main character dies, not be retarded ? And it doesnt dissappoint. Which is why it went straight to dvd.

Also, the guy from one tree hill's impression of Donnie Darko makes it seem like the whole thing is a spoof. He's terrible.

Buffet froid ( Cold Buffet)

French movie from 70's. Saw it yesterday in the cinema. A dark surreal comedy. I think you will love it, Spoony.

I've seen it. . .and liked it. I don't mind films that are convoluted, in fact, I like them. I love surrealism too. Lost was just retarded and full of deus ex machina.

edit - I've not seen the sequel, in fact I didn't know one existed. But the original was very good.

Yeah, the orginal was pretty good. This one though was like a poor remake.

You must be giving 5 points for the soundtrack. Because thats all that was slightly good about this movie.

It was always going to be retarded. How could a sequel to a movie where the main character dies, not be retarded ? And it doesnt dissappoint. Which is why it went straight to dvd.

Also, the guy from one tree hill's impression of Donnie Darko makes it seem like the whole thing is a spoof. He's terrible.

The music and some of the cinematography was the only good thing about the film. The brunette girl would get it though.

Who's the director of Buffet froid?

I finally got around to watching Infernal Affairs. It was more cartoonish than I expected with fairly one dimensional characters. Character development and moral commentary took an obvious backseat but either way it's one of the better thrillers I've seen with the appearance vs reality thing played out brilliantly.

The pointless love interest detracted from it a bit.

Watched Star Trek today. Was okay.

Yeah i thought it was OK too, not really living up to the hype that i expected it too. I am a little puzzled because i went with 2 friends and the Mrs who all said it was a really good movie and actually got them interested in Star Trek but i was left disappointed by it - perhaps disappointed is the wrong word but i was left with a empty feeling after the movie and i cant put my finger on it. I thought the movie itself was quite fast paced as it was a long movie but it flew by, action scenes were well done and the acting wasnt bad either.

Im not what you would call a trekkie (altho i was a fan of the next generation) but out of all the people that went today I would say i had more knowledge about it than them so im coming to the conclusion that if you never seen Star Trek in your life and treat it as a new movie then you'll like it, if you have seen Star Trek before you will enjoy it but overall be left a little disappointed, that said i'd give it a 7/10

There's a mini-film festival at the local multiplex where they are showing the Cannes highlights from previous years. Snuck in for this Turkish-German movie called 'The Edge of heaven' by Fatih Akin (who I have since come to know is a director of much repute).

Really enjoyed this ... good tale of three distant German/Turkish families and their failed parent/child relationships and how they affect each other. Good performances, tight story an excellent screenplay. Can see why it was a Cannes favourite ... sad that movies like this go below the popular radar.

Who's the director of Buffet froid?

I finally got around to watching Infernal Affairs. It was more cartoonish than I expected with fairly one dimensional characters. Character development and moral commentary took an obvious backseat but either way it's one of the better thrillers I've seen with the appearance vs reality thing played out brilliantly.

The pointless love interest detracted from it a bit.
Bertrand Blier

Yeah i thought it was OK too, not really living up to the hype that i expected it too. I am a little puzzled because i went with 2 friends and the Mrs who all said it was a really good movie and actually got them interested in Star Trek but i was left disappointed by it - perhaps disappointed is the wrong word but i was left with a empty feeling after the movie and i cant put my finger on it. I thought the movie itself was quite fast paced as it was a long movie but it flew by, action scenes were well done and the acting wasnt bad either.

Im not what you would call a trekkie (altho i was a fan of the next generation) but out of all the people that went today I would say i had more knowledge about it than them so im coming to the conclusion that if you never seen Star Trek in your life and treat it as a new movie then you'll like it, if you have seen Star Trek before you will enjoy it but overall be left a little disappointed, that said i'd give it a 7/10

I'd never seen Star Trek before. Movie felt a bit 'safe' for me. It lacked that extra something. It's a forgettable movie.

Star Trek.

Thought it was brilliant to be honest.

THought it was paced very well and kept going well for the 2 hours. Some nice little nods to various Star Trek things (such as Archer's Beagle)

I do like the way they have opened up the Star Trek universe for a new franchise to really kick on in, though obviously some trekies are gonna hate that fact.

Some plot points that annoyed me, but nothing that took away from the overall enjoyment of the movie.

Very much enjoyed it and I would, personally, recommend it.

While not a massive trekie, i have seen most of each series apart from TOS.

I'm in two minds whether to see this or not tonight - I've never seen star trek or been remotely interested in it, however the trailers seem decent and if it's a film I can watch with no knowledge of the series then maybe it's not too bad.

I just don't like the thought of being referred to as a 'trekkie' as i'm not sure I could take that! :D

I'm in two minds whether to see this or not tonight - I've never seen star trek or been remotely interested in it, however the trailers seem decent and if it's a film I can watch with no knowledge of the series then maybe it's not too bad.

I just don't like the thought of being referred to as a 'trekkie' as i'm not sure I could take that! :D

Given the set up of the movie, you don't need to know anything about it really. Knowledge kinda helps for some of the jokes or comments, but nothing that would spoil your enjoyment of it.

It is a very good summer action blockbuster.

Im not going to lie, if you havent seen Star Trek before you'll like the movie - im not a die hard and thought it was ok, my mrs never saw a ep of it before and she said it was brilliant. Go watch it i bet you'll like it - one of those movies you would rather want to see than not.

I would say I am a Trekkie :nervous: (although I only got through Enterprise by the skin of my teeth) and had fairly low expectations. The whole prequel thing didn't appeal at all. But, I really enjoyed it. As others have said its long but pacy. The action set pieces are nicely done and the effects are excellent - all the better for being seen on a big screen, I think. The characters are pretty well cast - Kirk is as cheesy as ever which is nice. It's no Matrix but well worth a look I'd say.

How long was the movie? Thought it went by quite quickly actually.

There's a mini-film festival at the local multiplex where they are showing the Cannes highlights from previous years. Snuck in for this Turkish-German movie called 'The Edge of heaven' by Fatih Akin (who I have since come to know is a director of much repute).

Really enjoyed this ... good tale of three distant German/Turkish families and their failed parent/child relationships and how they affect each other. Good performances, tight story an excellent screenplay. Can see why it was a Cannes favourite ... sad that movies like this go below the popular radar.

I slept on the middle of the movie.

Star Trek.

Thought it was brilliant to be honest.

THought it was paced very well and kept going well for the 2 hours. Some nice little nods to various Star Trek things (such as Archer's Beagle)

I do like the way they have opened up the Star Trek universe for a new franchise to really kick on in, though obviously some trekies are gonna hate that fact.

Some plot points that annoyed me, but nothing that took away from the overall enjoyment of the movie.

Very much enjoyed it and I would, personally, recommend it.

While not a massive trekie, i have seen most of each series apart from TOS.

I thought it rapidly descended into farce during the second hour.

Although I did enjoy Brad's performance as Spock.

Just watched Juno. I feel happy now.

Just saw the documentary 'Grizzly Man' by Werner Herzog. A film based largely on footage shot by the man himself Timothy Treadwell who lived among Grizzly bears in Alaska and was together with his girlfriend ultimately eaten by one.

It's pretty touching and definitely interesting, but I couldn't help thinking 'What a bloody idiot!'.

7/10