Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Just went an watched The Haunting in Conneticuit. Not scary, not interesting, not worth the ticket really. The main boy was quite good and the girl was fit...other than that, waste of time

Yeah the cousin was slamming, there is no way that is a true story is true

Haunting in Connecticut

For the first hour it bored me, aparently based on a true story but how many similar true storys are there! nothing in it seemed original. Seemed to get better towards the end, but by no means great.

5/10

Borat

I've seen this before but saw it in hmv for 3 quid, bought it and watched it last night. Still as funny 3rd time round - I know his humour isn't to everyones liking but I love it! Looking forward to Bruno!

8/10

Just went an watched The Haunting in Conneticuit. Not scary, not interesting, not worth the ticket really. The main boy was quite good and the girl was fit...other than that, waste of time

I fully agree with your rating! :D

Did you at any point think the priest mr popescu looked a bit like a younger De Niro? I was convinced it was some relation!

Great minds think alike...yeah he does have an air of Bobby about him....I'll be honest, I didn't really understand any of that shit at the end...it made no sense to me & I was very disapointed you didn't get to see that girls tits in the shower

Great minds think alike...yeah he does have an air of Bobby about him....I'll be honest, I didn't really understand any of that shit at the end...it made no sense to me & I was very disapointed you didn't get to see that girls tits in the shower

Tell me about it! I said to the mate I was watching it with, the only way the film could win me over was to see that girl undressed, shower scene came and I thought it was onto a winner - so yeah I was disapointed with that too.

The end was a bit wierd, but compared to the first hour it was slightly watchable.

I wouldn't reccommend it to anybody to be honest.

Also that cousin, what was it she was in before?!?

I've just watched State of Play.

8/10 for keeping this real. There wasn't a scene which was unbelievable. Pretty decent. Good opening, sets the pace of the movie. The movie moved on at a decent pace, with little over very less slackening in between.

The twist at the end was too cliched for my liking, but good performances from Ben Affleck and Russel Crowe. Disappointing back ground score.

Anyone liked WatchMen?

XMen Origins: Wolverine

Obviously, it was the unfinished version but still enjoyed it - watched it with a couple of people who are not XMen fans at all and they also liked it

8/10

You consider background score very important don't you?...

It did have an excellent soundtrack to be fair..

I think background score makes or breaks a movie. Sure, there are some movies, which transcend the audio aid, but most cult classics/classics had a very good theme.

You couldn't imagine watching Kill Bill or Pulp fiction with a shite sound track. Matrix, loved the theme. :D

Observe & Report - Rogans worse movie 4/10

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel - Disappointing British comedy -5/10

Outlander - 6/10

Yes Man - Very funny 8/10

Help please -

The Day The Earth Stood Still -

Good? Or complete crap?

I used to think Keanu was a decent actor until I realized he wasn't actually acting in the Matrix, thats just him.

Plan 9 from outer space - :lol:Hilarious

Enjoyed the movie. Typical Edward Wood movie.

Transformers
Again i'd not watched this becuase I had a feeling it'd just not be to my taste and although some of the acting is lame and some of the scenes are pretty silly I was entertained for the full two hours which at the end of the day is what you want from a film like this.

Bits were OK but there were too many occasions when it forced me to remember it was made for 12 year olds.

I don't go to the cinema to watch giant robots talking about their feelings, fer chrissake.

Just re-watched Lord of War. Good but not as stand out as the first time around.

Disaster Movie

-1000/10

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll hunt down ant kill them slowly - whoever made this movie.

Nothing But the Truth (2008) with Kate Beckinsale and Matt Dillon. 3/10

What a shit movie! feck off whoever wrote that script. I feel mentally raped.

He's Just Not That In To You Paint by numbers attempt to make a chick flick meets Altman ensemble piece. Pretty crap attempt at both since you didn't believe in or give a crap about any of the characters. 2/10

Godard's contempt - Good but the best part was that villa in italy. Wow. I hope I can go there someday. And yes, Brigitte Bardot, of course. Not go there, but she was pretty damn good too.

Justice for All - Good, not great. It's difficult to not draw comparisons against the other stuff Pacino was doing during that time. The movie is definitely no Dog Day or Serpico but worth a watch.

He's Just Not That In To You Paint by numbers attempt to make a chick flick meets Altman ensemble piece. Pretty crap attempt at both since you didn't believe in or give a crap about any of the characters. 2/10

Missus choice? Because I really don't hope you sat down and thought this would be a good choice of film :smirk:

I'd give it a 5, purely for the fact that Ginnifer Goodwin is incredibly cute in this movie.

Also, Ben Affleck has to be one of the worst front men around. He just can't act.

Knowing - O my fecking "God"

and its almost 2h long ffs , cage must be desperate
1/10

I enjoyed Knowing up until we see the true meaning of the numbers, utter wank after that.

The International

Started out decent but wained alot after that, the shootout scene was pretty good but felt abit overdone given the rest of the movie. The last 20 minutes are pretty terrible though, in fact I think the writer did not know how to end it so he just threw it together.

6/10

Gone Baby Gone - 8.5 - Incredibly long winded, sometimes pompous and occasionally very harrowing, but also fantastically acted, directed & written (by Ben Affleck of all people!) and with a morally complex story that really really made me think. I'm not completely sure about what (what is right and wrong I suppose), but it certainly did....I was left feeling a little odd at the end, but I cared about the characters and I was very impressed by it...It only doesn't get a higher mark because I'm not sure I could sit through it again

Wrestler was awesome.

Saw Persona this week finally. Left me a little confused but very enjoyable nonetheless.

Nice one mehro. Bergman is often subtle to the point that you don't know what the feck he's on about but I think Pesona is one of his best films with captivating dialouge, great "mood" and the cinematography by Sven Nykvist is just brilliant.

Did you watch any other of his films? I'm not an expert of his work but I've seen quite a few of his films and if you liked that one I'd recomend Wild Strawberries, Through a Glass Darkly (my favourite of his) and Hour of the Wolf, which is a horror movie. What I don't enjoy about Bergman is his religious themed films ( he was the son of a preast) like Winter Light.

And I seriously can't fathom why The Seventh Seal is his most famous film, since it's well.. a bit boring and fairly pointless in my opinion.

Still, many of his films are truely brilliant and he's obviously the best film maker this country has ever seen by quite some distance.

And all the beautiful women in his films.. They don't make them like that anymore. :(