Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Anybody seen 'The International'? If so, then I'd be really disappointed if they sent me a link to it.

I do believe so saw it got 3.5/5 stars, will be raining all weekend in LA so I figure why not

The storyline of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button has been compared to the one of Forrest Gump >LINK<. And I agree, they are very familiar throughout, but one massive difference is between the two. I don't think that Benjamin Button required any acting whatsoever although both leads, Pitt for Button and Hanks for Gump respectively, were Oscar nominated (Tom Hanks eventually won).
In retrospect, Pitt really has nothing to offer after the man-crush has faded. I did the mistake of re-watching Fight Club, and if one isn't gay, Brad Pitt ruins it. Not that the Tyler Durden character requires that much acting, but I really think that Dolph Lundgren or even Aaaahnold would add more depth and give a more colourful performance.

Friday the 13th (2009)

A remake that is not needed but nevertheless still pretty decent. Its actually a remake of the first three films squashed into one and unlike Rob Zombies Halloween remake, it respected the original movies. Jason is very well done and the Jason Teenage fodder are good enough. Special Mention to Julianna Guill :drool:, Willa Ford :drool:and prick Travis Van Winkle who were the real stars after the main man Jason unlike the three main leads. Loads of lovely ladies in the nude as well:devil:

7/10

3:10 to Yuma

Really enjoyed this. Bale and Crowe were both good. Well worth watching.

Role Models

Watched this in the cinema yesterday. Good fun, just kick back, turn your brain off and laugh.

What Just Happened

Basically a film about Bruce Willis shaving his beard, its abit like a movie version of Entourage without the excellent characters. Was quite dissapointed with it in the end.

6/10

Get Smart

Wasn't expecting much, but it was pretty alright actually. Some laugh at loud moments, but no real belly achers. Still, all of this if secondary to the pasty white hotness of Anne Hathaway, and her killer legs.

7/10

Watched the Danish movie "After the Wedding" with Mads Mikkelsen yesterday. 6.5/10. Not to bad story but some of the scenes were overacted and too many annoying close ups.

Going to watch "Cache" with Daniel Auteuil now. I heard it's really shit, although it's 7.3 on IMDB. I'll give it a go anyway.

We Own the Night

Good movie. Made great by the appearance of Eva Mendez and her right boob.

The storyline of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button has been compared to the one of Forrest Gump >LINK<. And I agree, they are very familiar throughout, but one massive difference is between the two. I don't think that Benjamin Button required any acting whatsoever although both leads, Pitt for Button and Hanks for Gump respectively, were Oscar nominated (Tom Hanks eventually won).
In retrospect, Pitt really has nothing to offer after the man-crush has faded. I did the mistake of re-watching Fight Club, and if one isn't gay, Brad Pitt ruins it. Not that the Tyler Durden character requires that much acting, but I really think that Dolph Lundgren or even Aaaahnold would add more depth and give a more colourful performance.

Brad Pitt is a great actor, imo. Kalifornia, 12 Monkeys and Jesse James are some of his best movies.

Going to watch "Cache" with Daniel Auteuil now. I heard it's really shit, although it's 7.3 on IMDB. I'll give it a go anyway.

No it's very good.

Saw Be Kind Rewind, a total bloody mess of a film. However I loved it's invention and the somewhat corny message, despite the heavy handed approach it took to deliver it.

Rec. Pretty good handheld zombie flick. A few good scares and much better execution of the style than Cloverfield. Blair Witch still holds the crown though.

The Merchant of Venice

Apart from poetry language I had a great time watching this.

Slumdog Millionaire 6,5/10

- It's a good film but it's nothing out of the ordinary of what you'd expect. Lots of people seem to like it just because it's a "foreign" film. I haven't seen so much of the films of '08 but I strongly believe that there is better candidates for the Academy Awards.

28 Days Later 7/10

- Does the whole post-apocalyptica in a good way. Some beautiful scenery and a fine story. Would have loved some more character depth.

Mulholland Drive
8/10

- Sex and Lynch.

Inglorious Basterds (trailer) 10/10

This is going to rock your socks.

Righteous Kill 6/10

When I saw De Niro and Pacino both on the cast list, i knew it would be a disappointment. Predictable, cheesy plot. Pacino's acting gives it an extra point from a mediocre 5.

Slumdog Millionaire 6,5/10

- It's a good film but it's nothing out of the ordinary of what you'd expect. Lots of people seem to like it just because it's a "foreign" film. I haven't seen so much of the films of '08 but I strongly believe that there is better candidates for the Academy Awards.

28 Days Later 7/10

- Does the whole post-apocalyptica in a good way. Some beautiful scenery and a fine story. Would have loved some more character depth.

Mulholland Drive
8/10

- Sex and Lynch.

And that Nomination for music is not right too. AR Rahman has done way way better songs than 'Jai ho'