Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Before the devil knows you're dead

Really disappointed, never got going. 3/10

Changeling

Fantastic. 9/10

Slumdog Millionaire

Not the first to review this movie and plenty has been said about it in the press etc, but I went to see it last night and to be honest wasn't expecting much because it didn't seem like my kind of film. Have to say I was very surprised, the film was original and refreshing the cast believable and the I basically loved every minute of it.

It's odd how the films you sometimes expect least from surprise you the most!

9.5/10

Loved that film J, like you didnt expect much which probably adds to the charm.

Thats exactly it, recentlly there have been two films which people have said are a must to see. Benjamin Button & Slumdog, I watched Button last week and never really got into it and to be honest didn't rate it at all. So went into Slumdog with no real expectations.

anyone seen "defiance"??

feck me that is some story........great great movie!!!

Yeah and great stuff from Daniel Craig.

I've got Memento lined up, will find out if it's worthy to be in the IMDB top list very soon.

Did he do Batman Begins? If so I would put that alongside Following.

Memento is in a league of its own.

Edit: sorry not Batman Begins, I meant Dark Knight. Batman Begins was also good but the next level down.

I didn't think much of BB. Dark Knight was superior in every way. As for Following, it was just so original.

I agree. There's not much you can do to the Batman franchise in terms of originality. That said, he really captured the mood of Batman in DK.

also, has anyone here seen Gran Torino yet, would like to know more before i watch it, "borrowed" it from the net last night.

The less you know the better, but I thought it was a good film. The kids' acting could have been better though.

Blindness

OK movie. A blindness epidemic is spreading and the goverment decides to put all the victims in a quarantines.

The beginning was great with some fine cinematography, but it kinda went downhill after that.

6/10

also, has anyone here seen Gran Torino yet, would like to know more before i watch it, "borrowed" it from the net last night.

Good movie. If you like Clint's movies, you're surely gonna like this.

I agree. There's not much you can do to the Batman franchise in terms of originality. That said, he really captured the mood of Batman in DK.

Not true there are loads of characters that haven't been done yet in the batman world

Why is that, Smashed? has he retired or sommat?

I just have a feeling his acting career is dead and buried. No ones going to want to take him on any more, as an actor he has lost that human element, his performances have become stiff and lifeless it's almost as if his heart isn't in it any more. Unless they do another shitty 28 Days later sequel or summit, I don't fancy Heaths chances of hitting the big screen again any time soon.

I just have a feeling his acting career is dead and buried. No ones going to want to take him on any more, as an actor he has lost that human element, his performances have become stiff and lifeless it's almost as if his heart isn't in it any more. Unless they do another shitty 28 Days later sequel or summit, I don't fancy Heaths chances of hitting the big screen again any time soon.

I reckon he's being a tad selfish. Death isn't an excuse.

All this talk of Heath Ledger has inspired me to go crack open a cold one...

Yes I'm a necrophiliac.

Notorious

Life story of Christopher Wallas aka Biggie Smalls. I knew next to nothing about what went on between Biggie Smalls and Tupac, and the whole East Coast/West Coast issues. The film was good in that I found out a fair bit that was pretty interesting. Not sure how much to believe though as its only one mans story. Although not a brilliant film, it was interesting. One to watch i'd say just to see the story that is being told.

6/10

Milk - Nothing special. I don't remember the Oscar nominations but The Wrestler, Doubt, Revolutionary Road, Slumdog and The Reader were all better. haven't seen Benjamin and probably wont. Will try to catch Frost/Nixon this weekend.