Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

I have not. Should it be on my download, i mean buy, list?

Good enough for me. I'll have a look for it later tonight.

I must admit, and pardon my language, i would like to do rude things to her

Watched Miller's Crossing earlier. Gets better everytime I watch it, a total masterpiece. Planning a bit of a Coen's binge, have Barton Fink, The Man Who Wasn't There, Blood Simple, Big Lebowski, Hudsucker Proxy and No Country for Old Men lined up for the weekend. All classics.

Slumdog Millionaire

Saw it last night - pretty good for a couple of hours entertainment but I expected a bit more substance to the film to be honest - the romantic plotline is very cheesy

8/10

Taken

Just watched this on bluray, excellent film. I am a sucker for a revenge movie and this was a proper revenge movie, none of that hollywood bollocks Neeson just kicks ass for an hour and a half (well once you get past the first build up bit anyway). Never really was a fan of Neeson before but this film has turned me, he played the role perfectly.

9/10

Taken

Just watched this on bluray, excellent film. I am a sucker for a revenge movie and this was a proper revenge movie, none of that hollywood bollocks Neeson just kicks ass for an hour and a half (well once you get past the first build up bit anyway). Never really was a fan of Neeson before but this film has turned me, he played the role perfectly.

9/10

Have to agree that its a great movie. The scary thing is that this world of trade exists and we do nothing about.

Have seen transporter 3 and must say that its the most overhyped cliche type movie I have ever seen.

FFS he can take the air out of his tyres and they're magically not flat when he drives off.

Slumdog Millionaire

8.5/10 Thought it was a good movie, but parts of the storyline stretched the imagination and yes, the romantic ending was a little cheesy. Overall still a class movie.

10/10 Bollywood scene. That's what we paid our money for.

Taken

9/10

If you havent seen Dead Mans Shoes drop everything and watch it.

Movies lined up for this weekend:

The Prestige

3:10 to Yuma

We Own the Night

Pineapple Express

The Assassination of Jesse James

+

Something in the Cinema

Movies lined up for this weekend:

The Prestige

3:10 to Yuma

We Own the Night

Pineapple Express

The Assassination of Jesse James

+

Something in the Cinema

I've seen the two in bold and enjoyed both of them, as i've said to you before We Own the Night wa largely down to Eva Mendes, bt on top of that it was a pretty goo film. Pineapple Express was a completely different type of film but just as good in its own way.

The Jesse James one is on my sky plus ready to be watched - you'll have to let me know on that one.

If you havent seen Dead Mans Shoes drop everything and watch it.

I disagree about Taken. I saw it and thought it was pretty average. I am pretty sure I wrote something about it in this thread a couple of months ago. I would give it a 6.

But you are SO right about Dead Mans Shoes. Now that is one fecking bad ass revenge movie.

Step Brothers

Saw this last night and its just up my street humour wise! I'm a massive fan of Will Ferrell anyway and this was one of his more random and stupid films and I loved it! Sometimes its just good to sit and watch a film that doesn't need any thought and lets you just sit back, watch and laugh!

If you're not a fan of Anchorman and other such stupid films this probably won't be to your liking - if you like that kind of film though I urge you to see this!

8/10

Step Brothers

Saw this last night and its just up my street humour wise! I'm a massive fan of Will Ferrell anyway and this was one of his more random and stupid films and I loved it! Sometimes its just good to sit and watch a film that doesn't need any thought and lets you just sit back, watch and laugh!

If you're not a fan of Anchorman and other such stupid films this probably won't be to your liking - if you like that kind of film though I urge you to see this!

8/10
I thought the first half was funny. Went to shit after that.

I thought the first half was funny. Went to shit after that.

I can see what you mean, for me it kind of slowed down just after they'd tried to bury eachother in the yard - but up until that point I was chuckling right through.

Most comedies do tend to die off though when they try the serious end parts don't they.

Possibly off to see Benjamin Button tonight, had some decent reviews on here and in the press, so looking foward to it!

Step Brothers

8/10

The first twenty minutes were hilarious when they were introducing them

Defiance - Meh. Didn't really hold my interest ... took me three partial viewings to finally be done with it. Not the best or worst of movies unless you're a fan of Holocaust movies (doesn't hold a candle to Schindlers list or the Pianist).

Shotgun Stories. Very impressive film. Brooding redneck drama about 2 feuding families. A bit like Terrence Malick before he dissapeared up his own arse. 9/10

The King of Kong Excellent documentary about old-school competitive gaming. The game is Donkey Kong and the film maker weaves a narrative of heroes and villains from the characters in the film. Probably slightly disingenuous as a documentary but as a story it is fantastic. Certainly better than the last film with King Kong in the title. 8/10

Joyeux Noël Good uplifting film about the Christmas truce. It's no Path's of Glory in terms in it's annalysis of war or the human condition but enjoyable nonetheless. 7/10

Benjamin Button.

Surely I can't be the only one to find this to be possibly one of the most boring films of all time? :nervous:

Nope you're not alone.

I've seen a lot of movies lately and this definitely wasn't a favourite. I can see why some might like it, as it's an interesting story and gets you thinking about life and stuff. But It just went on, and on, and on and I got really bored with it.

For me 5/10