Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

^ Good list, I'd just like to add the 'Europa'-trilogy.

Lars Von Trier got some amazing films.

Black Book was very good!

Another good one I saw recently was Saints and Soldiers.

Black Book was good, saw it straight after Lives of Others and prefered it.

Saw Scanner Darkly last night, wasn't expecting much with Keanu involved, but I now have to add it to the list of great films stared in by awful actors.
9/10

For Danish films the Pusher trilogy is worth checking out, they're all pretty good. The second is the best though imo.

I think they're Danish anyway

For Danish films the Pusher trilogy is worth checking out, they're all pretty good. The second is the best though imo.

I think they're Danish anyway

Yes they are, and I agree they are very entertaining.

Was talking to a colleague today and the film Klute came up in conversation...how do you rate that one, Spoons? Fonda was pretty hot in it, was the consensus of academic opinion!

I haven't seen, Hammer.

Right, you'll have to recommend me some films.

I'm currently NOT downloading 'M'. (yes, I haven't seen it!)

And I'm sure Mehro recommended Festen.

Just watched The Wackness which was pretty good but was pretty shocked to see Ben Kingsley shagging one of the Olsen Twins :eek:

Survive Style 5+
On first viewing it does come across as a little Serial and chaotic.
But i watched it a couple of times and the attention to detail and colour in each scene is astounding. For me the story seems to take a back seat and the visual ideas are what stand out, the music's good too.
Was a breath of freah air to japanese film making back in 2004.

Survive Style 5+
On first viewing it does come across as a little Serial and chaotic.
But i watched it a couple of times and the attention to detail and colour in each scene is astounding. For me the story seems to take a back seat and the visual ideas are what stand out, the music's good too.
Was a breath of freah air to japanese film making back in 2004.

Only saw it once but this does tally pretty well with what I remember. Story is daft but music was good and it looked very slick.

Seen a few films recently so can't be arsed reviewing them all - so just numbers.

Copland 7/10
State of Grace 6/10
Wages of Fear 9/10
April Fools Day (remake) 0/10
American Gangster 5/10
Cloverfield 2/10
Eastern Promises 6/10

Waltz with Bashir

An absolutely stunning animated film about the Sabra and Shatila massacre amongst other things. I really liked the animation style.

This movie really is a must see.

9/10

Curious Case of Benjamin Button

10/10

just got back from seeing it, 3 hours long but kept me interested the whole time, one of the best films ive seen.

Waltz with Bashir

An absolutely stunning animated film about the Sabra and Shatila massacre amongst other things. I really liked the animation style.

This movie really is a must see.

9/10

Agreed, great movie.

My Bloody Valentine 3D

Went in expect this to be crap as it's a dreaded remake (not seen the original ) but surprisingly it wasn't that bad. The 3D is great fun but the film would work just as well without it. It also has one of the most entertaining five minutes i've seen in a horror involving a blonde woman running around in the nude while being chased by the killer. The movie is nothing new but still good fun.

6/10

The Wrestler

5/10

Mickey Rourke in a similar story to his own experiences - check
Darren Aronofski gets real promotion and backing and a chance to work with a massive name - check
Hot chick whos a good actress - check

Somehow, however, the thing is utterly pointless and crap. There is no storyline or plot or ever an indication that the thing ever has anywhere to go. Bizarrely bad.

Seven Pounds

Good heartfelt performances a lot of sniffles and crying, my girlfriend and cousins girlfriend included. Enjoyable, did require you to suspend your disbelief a touch though
8/10