Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

The Tracey Fragments. It's split screen style is so distracting and annoying I had to turn it off half way in, plus it was going nowhere.

Hamlet 2. Some funny parts, some unfunny parts. Steve Coogan does a good job in it.

Hitman - 2/10

Another shit film. I don't know why I watch stuff like this when I've got better films I haven't got around to seeing yet. I'm going watch Wages of Fear tomorrow to redress the balance.

Hitman - 2/10

Another shit film. I don't know why I watch stuff like this when I've got better films I haven't got around to seeing yet. I'm going watch Wages of Fear tomorrow to redress the balance.

It was easily better than that 5/10

Saw Vertigo last night for the first time ever (shocking I know) and I have to say it was absolutely immense, I couldn't take my eyes from it. In with a shout of being one of the best films ever 9/10

Bangkok Dangerous 4/10

It was alright, Nic Cage looks feckin terrible though. I pray his dyed hair was for the film (though I can't understand why it would be) and not part of some mid life crisis. If you are looking for a clinched, unintelligent action film with average stunts, mediocre action and a ridiculously cute, deaf and mute Asian girl then this film is for you. The whole thing just seemed rushed, as if the writer lost interest after the first 30 seconds and wanted to finish the script before stargate came on later that evening.

Also, I might have remembered the name of the film wrong.

Oldboy

Fantastic but unnecessarily complicated. (wtf was in that purple box?)

The one that the girl was left with in the prison?
Spoiler:
It would have been evidence that she'd been sleeping with her father.

Or if you mean the one that he opens, then it's pictures of his daughter growing up into the girl that he is now in love with.

Ip Man. 10/10

I thought this was some kind of Made in China Matrix wannabe as in Internet Protocol Man or something.

Turns out Ip Man is the name of Bruce Lee's martial art master, the first guy to teach Wing Chun openly.

Eagle Eye

It was alright. Decent enough action flick, though was a little let down as it'd been built up as so much more by those who'd already seen it. Same basic plot's been done endless times now, and it's begining to wear a bit thin. and, slight spoiler, but the computer's actions contradicted it's reasoning for those actions, which is more than a bit stupid, really

Also, it has that annoying kid from Transformers in it, trying his best not to come across as the annoying kid from Transformers (he fails)

6/10

Oh, and...

The Mummy

It wasn't that great, and I've seen it before, but that didn't really matter, as I couldn't stop staring at Rachel Weisz. She looks ridiculously good in this film, to the point that it really isn't fair

Thirteen Days http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0146309/ y.2000

Anyone whose interested in The Cuban Missile Crisis or just want a another good thriller you should check this one out.. Watched it on Christmas Eve and it was hard to get me to stop this when it was time to eat. Didn't know nothing about the movie but luckily I decided to watch the first 10mins ´cause after that I was hooked. OK it's obviously shot/writen from the Yank-side(Costner plays the advisor of JFK and is the main character in the film) but the writer David Self has done magnificent work.

Pan's labyrinth
3/10 : Horrible movie , I just couldn't like it in any way.

Thank you, I think it is one of the most overrated movies of all time. Alice in Wonderland but worse

Bangkok Dangerous 4/10

It was alright, Nic Cage looks feckin terrible though. I pray his dyed hair was for the film (though I can't understand why it would be) and not part of some mid life crisis. If you are looking for a clinched, unintelligent action film with average stunts, mediocre action and a ridiculously cute, deaf and mute Asian girl then this film is for you. The whole thing just seemed rushed, as if the writer lost interest after the first 30 seconds and wanted to finish the script before stargate came on later that evening.

Also, I might have remembered the name of the film wrong.

Haha its terrible, worst thing about it is that the two guys who worte and directed the Nic Cage version remade their own version which had only been released in asia. The original was about a deaf, mute hitman. So they remade it, changed bits and tbh its still pretty shite.

Thank you, I think it is one of the most overrated movies of all time. Alice in Wonderland but worse

I'm very dissapointed because my friends here and also from the internet gave me a huge hype about it ,I expected more. I can't believe I got till the day expecting something interesting to happen.

Eagle Eye

It was alright. Decent enough action flick, though was a little let down as it'd been built up as so much more by those who'd already seen it. Same basic plot's been done endless times now, and it's begining to wear a bit thin. and, slight spoiler, but the computer's actions contradicted it's reasoning for those actions, which is more than a bit stupid, really

Also, it has that annoying kid from Transformers in it, trying his best not to come across as the annoying kid from Transformers (he fails)

6/10
For me the biggest problem was the leading actor, terrible actor but I still liked the movie.

Gone Baby Gone

Pretty good. Unusual structure to it. Not sure I could ever buy Casey Affleck as a bad muthafecka though. Never thought I'd see a decent stab at direction from his big brother either.

7.5/10

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Avoided this for ages, mainly because it had Russell Brand in it. Was actually very good though. One of the better comedies of late, although that may be more of a commentary about current comedies than how good this film is.

8/10

Hitman - 2/10

I would agree. Being a big fan of the video game series I cringed at how they raped the franchise. The actor also pissed me off, nothing like Agent 47.

PLEASE STOP MAKING MOVIES BASED ON VIDEO GAMES....and vice versa too.

Watched Yes Man,Ip Man, Bedtime Stories and Australia in the past few days. Good films. Anyone knows where I can get Ip Man on download with English subtitles?? Want to watch it again.

Cass

7/10

Excellent West Ham hooligan movie, with great performances throughout and some brilliant writing, based on the story of Cass Pennant, leader of the InterCity Firm of the 80's. Shades of Green Street throughout; gritty fighting scenes between rival football gangs and a story of friendship with fighting. Also has one of the Green Street actorS in a prominent role, mercily its not as bad as the Eijah Woods effort, though it too has a ridiculously overblown final scene.

Overall, the thing is bordering on being very good, without ever really threatening to be anything other than comfortably good. Could do with a better soundtrack, but the actings pretty top-notch here.

The Spirit 7/10

The plot made no sense whatsoever, and the whole thing was too stylised, but hey, it had lots of sexy ladies and Samuel Jackson shooting at stuff. My low brow self was satisfied.

Wall-E good enjoyable film, stunning to look at. A few problems I had with the film though:

First 20 minutes or so are lovely. Then when we reach the spaceship the film puts the storyline to the side and reverts to the manic chase scenes that have become standard for children's animation. Also the break in continuity between live action and cgi humans bugged me a little, infact the human touch is the films weak point.

Good film but not up there with the best Pixar or Disney work.

7/10

Cass

7/10

Excellent West Ham hooligan movie, with great performances throughout and some brilliant writing, based on the story of Cass Pennant, leader of the InterCity Firm of the 80's. Shades of Green Street throughout; gritty fighting scenes between rival football gangs and a story of friendship with fighting. Also has one of the Green Street actorS in a prominent role, mercily its not as bad as the Eijah Woods effort, though it too has a ridiculously overblown final scene.

Overall, the thing is bordering on being very good, without ever really threatening to be anything other than comfortably good. Could do with a better soundtrack, but the actings pretty top-notch here.

Did you not think some of the fight scenes we're a bit unrealistic?

I thought it was a decent enough film, but the fighting never seemed real to me.

Valkyrie - Enjoyable film and a good return to form for Bryan Singer (Long way from The Usual Suspects though). It's about a plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler, so it's not completely unpredictable. But it well directed, and smoothly builds up steam right until the end. Performances are all perfect, lots of high class British acting talent on the screen, whilst Tom Cruise gives a lot of presence to his leading role. Some won't get over the accents but I had no problems with it.

just seen The Mist. Thought it was excellent. Haven't seen an American horror with bollocks for a long time and this film certainly had a pair.

***Spoiler*** Maybe the final twist was a contrivance too far. Personally I thought it should have ended with the guy still in the vehicle. Which is strange because Darabont should have done exactly the same thing with Morgan freeman in Shawshank.***Spoiler***

But overall it was a great little film ****/*****

just seen The Mist. Thought it was excellent. Haven't seen an American horror with bollocks for a long time and this film certainly had a pair.

***Spoiler*** Maybe the final twist was a contrivance too far. Personally I thought it should have ended with the guy still in the vehicle. Which is strange because Darabont should have done exactly the same thing with Morgan freeman in Shawshank.***Spoiler***

But overall it was a great little film ****/*****

Hated it. Rubbish actors and the oh so terrible dialogues. I could have written better stuff. I couldn't even sit through the entire movie. Wasn't it based on a Stephen King novel? Still, I guess it was better than Dreamcatcher (again written by Stephen King) which is probably the worst movie ever.

Hated it. Rubbish actors and the oh so terrible dialogues. I could have written better stuff. I couldn't even sit through the entire movie. Wasn't it based on a Stephen King novel? Still, I guess it was better than Dreamcatcher (again written by Stephen King) which is probably the worst movie ever.

Yes, it was, and thank feck I have never seen DreamCatcher

That's probably it's major flaw is that it is a little too long with not enough 'action' but it was wonderfully done, and really provocative.

Seven Pounds.

feck me lads, you'll want emotions of steel not to be any bit moved by it. Brilliant stuff.

Are you serious?

I found it very disappointing. Predicted the end after a third of the movie and Will Smith's performance was so bad you felt no sympathy for the character. The story was decent enough and it could've easily been a good movie, but instead it became the most boring movie of 2008.

3/10